Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 813
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108111
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1318
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14374
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425701
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227799
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119732
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 392
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310657
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62242

Enable serial debug console for Clevo P570WM
#1
I've been contacting an owner of Clevo P570WM. We have two final objectives:

1. Enable PCIe 3.0 (probably not feasible with software-level mod but still appealing)

2. Support 16GB SO-DIMM DDR3 modules.

Personally I think the second goal is definitely theoretically possible because there have been official BIOS upgrades from ASUS/MSI etc. It was just Clevo who didn't do the same thing for their P570WM.

I tried to compare some of those upgrades and then removed a "report error and goto fail" ("goto fail" is confirmed in experiment) logic in Clevo P570WM's BIOS. But unfortunately this is not as simple as that. It didn't work out.

I can see debug messages/strings appearing in the disassembly/decompiled pseudo C code. However I don't know where those debug messages go.

The owner of this machine has purchased a POST code diagnostic card but unfortunately that thing didn't seem to be compatible either.

I see the old post on techinferno discussing the 16GB memory issue, the last reply was probably written by prema, which said "the project is dead because we don't have Intel's source code" but I'm still willing to have one last try.

However I think I need a working debugging measure at least.
find
quote
#2
With a very constrained debugging tool, the POST debug LED, I managed to make the system boot with 16GB SODIMM on ASRock X79 Extreme9. But there was still a problem that BIOS reports about 4 TB of RAM, which is obviously ridiculous. This can be workaround by bcdedit truncatememory but I want a more complete fix.

Today I got MRC serial debug log working on ASRock X79 Extreme9.

Coreboot is a good reference. Until yesterday I didn't realize I must enable serial port by programming Super IO control registers. The PCH LPC decode seems to be related but it doesn't seem to be needed to be changed.

After that I made a small patch so that the memory capacity problem seems to be fixed as well!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)