Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424239
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 231
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 167
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223961
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119114
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309563
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61909
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169177
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6277
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61130

[solved] ASUS P5K SE/EPU - AHCI
#11
Do you have the P5K SE/EPU board? Try the BIOS that I've posted.
find
quote
#12
(01-31-2011, 05:13 PM)Antinomy Wrote: Do you have the P5K SE/EPU board? Try the BIOS that I've posted.

thank you for your 0501 ROM

now I can see the AHCI in the BIOS,
but I still have a problem to find it in windows XP device manager.
no AHCI in device manager.

   

I try to install Intel Matrix Storage Manager, still not working.

my OCZ Vertex2 60GB just read: 181MB/s (support read up to 285MB/s)
can you tell me the right direction?
(02-01-2011, 09:22 AM)pip Wrote:
(01-31-2011, 05:13 PM)Antinomy Wrote: Do you have the P5K SE/EPU board? Try the BIOS that I've posted.

thank you for your 0501 ROM

now I can see the AHCI in the BIOS,
but I still have a problem to find it in windows XP device manager.
no AHCI in device manager.



I try to install Intel Matrix Storage Manager, still not working.

my OCZ Vertex2 60GB just read: 181MB/s (support read up to 285MB/s)
can you tell me the right direction?

YES, I have P5K SE/EPU board.
find
quote
#13
(01-31-2011, 05:13 PM)Antinomy Wrote: Do you have the P5K SE/EPU board? Try the BIOS that I've posted.

Yes, I have P5K SE/EPU.

Still have problem to start using AHCI in Windows XP installed.

Thanks.
find
quote
#14
Are you sure you've connected your SSD to ICH?
find
quote
#15
This may be a stupid question, but will this BIOS also work with the P5K EPU? (The non-SE version?)
find
quote
#16
(02-10-2011, 01:03 PM)cosmonaut23 Wrote: This may be a stupid question, but will this BIOS also work with the P5K EPU? (The non-SE version?)

I'm wondering the same thing...

I don't have a RAID controller on-board, it's just ICH9 (no "r") the motherboard is P5K/EPU without any "SE" or "Deluxe" so how different is it?

Would either of these posted ROMs work?

I need to find a floppy drive before I can try lol
find
quote
#17
(02-10-2011, 01:29 PM)strutswell Wrote:
(02-10-2011, 01:03 PM)cosmonaut23 Wrote: This may be a stupid question, but will this BIOS also work with the P5K EPU? (The non-SE version?)

I'm wondering the same thing...

I don't have a RAID controller on-board, it's just ICH9 (no "r") the motherboard is P5K/EPU without any "SE" or "Deluxe" so how different is it?

Would either of these posted ROMs work?

I need to find a floppy drive before I can try lol

Asus lists a version 0501 BIOS for the P5K/EPU on their support site, so i'm hopeful that the upped file with that number might work for it. I was hoping someone with superior knowledge might confirm or refute this, but failing that i might just give it a whirl and let you know on this thread. (I can always re-flash to the current BIOS if it goes wrong).

BTW, why would you need a floppy drive. Can't you just use a USB stick with this board? I've flash upgraded the BIOS via USB before - is this different?

find
quote
#18
cosmonaut23, strutswell, it's easier to modify your BIOS for me than to check the P5K SE/EPU BIOS for you Smile

cosmonaut23, nice nickname, exUSSR?
find
quote
#19
(02-10-2011, 08:28 PM)Antinomy Wrote: cosmonaut23, strutswell, it's easier to modify your BIOS for me than to check the P5K SE/EPU BIOS for you Smile

cosmonaut23, nice nickname, exUSSR?

Thanks. Having poked around further, it doesn't look hopeful that that BIOS is going to do the trick for AHCI on the P5K/EPU. Although at least some of these boards should support it. However, there's a good chance i'm just going to fry it, isn't there? Shame as i i think it's probably about the only thing that's going to stop a certain unix based proprietary OS from crashing intermittently...

And no, not ex-USSR - ex-Robert Anton Wilson reader. Who likes all things to do with space;-)
find
quote
#20
To Antinomy

is it possible to use on P5K SE board? or any mod bios?
thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)