Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 79
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118832
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 121
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6610
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 218
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308804
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61657
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20049
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168703
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6090
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5574
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60863
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274751
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 739
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24711
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694532
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174333

Acer M3400 Desktop RAID Issue
#1
I have an Acer Aspire M3400 Desktop with
  • Acer v02.67 (AMI P01-A2) BIOS
  • Chipset:
  • NB:RS880P
  • SB: AMD SB810
  • On-board RAID Controller via RS880P

I’m wondering if there is an issue with the RAID setup in the BIOS, or possibly the AMD Option ROM Utility (v 3.2.1540.25). I am unable to create a RAID 5 setup in the BIOS/Utility or Windows Disk Management. I am able to successfully create/run RAID 0 or 1, and have an option for 10 but I’m only using 3 drives.

I’ve searched google quite a bit and haven’t found this as a widely discussed issue, but did come across your site here more than once with some other good answer, so fingers crossed. I’m happy to provide any other info as needed – thoughts?
find
quote
#2
I have found Acer 'support' to be... insufficient. Although my computer is within warranty, and the function is listed as a feature of this computer, I have tried IM chatting and calling with utterly useless reps, and their 'Senior Technicians' are needed to diagnose whether this is even a problem or I just need some files from them - which costs $100. Even though I'm under warranty, and if they can not fix the problem they keep the $100. After telling me to uninstall and reinstall my network card and keyboard, and then boot in Safe Mode which will 'fix everything' I couldn't take it anymore.


Thanks for reading the rant, now that's off my chest, I have some updates -

1 - I have updated the "SB8xx RAID Driver for Windows 7" Drivers from AMD (there was no update from Acer) and there is still no change. Through both the boot utility and Windows Disk Management, RAID 5 is not an option.
2 - I have attached a backup of my current BIOS. Can anyone look into this and tell me what might be wrong/needs to be enabled? Thank you!


Attached Files
.rom   AmericanMegatrendsInc.-P01-A2.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
#3
(06-05-2011, 10:52 PM)IGGUS Wrote: I have an Acer Aspire M3400 Desktop with
  • Acer v02.67 (AMI P01-A2) BIOS
  • Chipset:
  • NB:RS880P
  • SB: AMD SB810 chatroulette
  • On-board RAID Controller via RS880P

I’m wondering if there is an issue with the RAID setup in the BIOS, or possibly the AMD Option ROM Utility (v 3.2.1540.25). I am unable to create a RAID 5 setup in the BIOS/Utility or Windows Disk Management. I am able to successfully create/run RAID 0 or 1, and have an option for 10 but I’m only using 3 drives.

I’ve searched google quite a bit and haven’t found this as a widely discussed issue, but did come across your site here more than once with some other good answer, so fingers crossed. I’m happy to provide any other info as needed – thoughts?

It sounds like you're experiencing limitations with your RAID setup on the Acer Aspire M3400. RAID 5 typically requires at least three drives, but sometimes specific BIOS or RAID controller settings can restrict options. Ensure that your drives are properly configured and recognized in the BIOS. You might also want to check for any firmware updates for your BIOS or RAID controller, as these can sometimes resolve compatibility issues. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to Acer support for more tailored assistance.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)