Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108029
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14359
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425647
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227588
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119717
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

ECS Elitegroup 945 GCT-M3 processor support
#1
I was wondering if perhaps support for the Intel Wolfdale E5700 series could be added to this motherboard? I mean its a brand new processor (least for me) and i would hate to see it go to waste. ECS BIOS HERE Also I included the actual BIOS file itself, i mean i would do this myself, but i have no skills modifying this level of stuff.
Also, all the information concerning the processor itself is on the other end of this link E5700 processor in case i didn't quite cover something important. If this can be done, thank you ahead of time for your time doing this.


Attached Files
.bin   GCM3522.BIN (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 0)
find
quote
#2
Drivers are here:
http://driverscollection.com/?H=945GCT-M3%20%28V3.0%29&By=ECS%20%28Elitegroup%29
and I found out that "Only A2 chipset supports FSB1066 MHz, and Memory DDR2 667" [ECS-HP]
Maybe that could be a problem except you have the Rev 3.1 wich s proven by some users @overclockers.net to support 1333...
Someone @ tomshardware got an E4400 and an E4500 @3.2GHz running with the stock-ECS-BIOS...

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#3
huh, I figured that wouldn't apply considering the processor I run now (Intel Celeron E1200) and the E5700 I want to replace it with both have an 800 Mhz Front Side Bus speed. So far the only thing the processors don't have in common is that the E5700 uses a 45nm die and is a Wolfdale, and the E1200 uses a 65nm die and is a Conroe.
Also I thought my motherboard was the 3.0 revision, not the 3.1.
find
quote
#4
So, now we should restart with this BIOS:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1632705/4gc3100e.rar

found here:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-eM...-Mainboard

THX to colinzim

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote
#5
Sorry, I already flashed that BIOS and I still couldn't use my Wolfdale. Its just because ECS didn't make add the E5700 to their list of processors to support. the latest one they added was somewhere in the E4XXX range.
find
quote
#6
The E4xxx seriess are Conroe-based. I think your board has an older revision of the 945G chipset, which may have a design limitation that prevents it from using E5xxx Wolfdales.
find
quote
#7
Well actually I picked this up off somewhere on the internet, I forgot where though.

"For instance: when Intel 945 and 965 chipsets were introduced, only a handful of 65nm Core2 Duo (Conroe) CPU's were available. Later on, various Celerons and Pentia with the same core popped up. Even later, Intel introduced the 45nm family (Wolfdale core), with some lower-end models (E7x00) still featuring a 1066MHz FSB - technically compatible with the old i945/i965 chipsets, very nice power consumption, but no go without a fresh BIOS update, for a motherboard several years old."

I figure if this has any truth too it, then it wouldn't hurt to flash a BIOS with a fresh CPU Microcode update (namely the one that has the E5700 in it) and the worst case scenario is that the processor doesn't start anyway.

Heart I may be a man, but I'm a man with a big heart and a soft soul, kinda like a marshmallow. Heart
*Handmade banner WILL fill this spot at one point in time.*
find
quote
#8
Hi E5700,

Do you know of any very similar motherboards with the same chipset that supported the E5700?

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#9
unfortunately I don't, sorry I couldn't help.

Heart I may be a man, but I'm a man with a big heart and a soft soul, kinda like a marshmallow. Heart
*Handmade banner WILL fill this spot at one point in time.*
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)