Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 154
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 128
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 201
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223110
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119027
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 199
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6698
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309294
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61859
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 521
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20164
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169026
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6210
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 717
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5689
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61043
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274887
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24777

[Unlocked] Alienware M14x bios unlocking help/request.
#1
i am looking to unlock the m14x bios, well actually we need to dissect the bios to get access to the integrated video card bios. the m14x has cool running GFX card and with a little more voltage we may reach higher clocks.

link to bios:
http://support.dell.com/support/download...ormat=true

thx in advance.
find
quote
#2
Hi.

I have made a test file for you, you can find it reading my signature.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
(07-28-2011, 05:47 PM)camiloml Wrote: Hi.

I have made a test file for you, you can find it reading my signature.

sorry, for teh delay... i will try it out in teh next few days... thank you very much i will leave feedback ASAP Big Grin
also what is teh password?
find
quote
#4
(07-28-2011, 05:47 PM)camiloml Wrote: Hi.

I have made a test file for you, you can find it reading my signature.


That's great news for the M14x owners! I don't have a M14x myself, but have some questions anyway...

Is this simply an unlocked BIOS which allows to access all hidden options, or did you change anything else?

What would be very interesting is the ability to change the core voltage of the Nvidia GPU, since the GPU is soldered directly to the motherboard it seems that the VBIOS is integrated in the BIOS...


find
quote
#5
I do have some questions i wanted to ask before trying this... the bios has the voltage for both the intel and the nvidia gpu. The intel is already adjustable as well as the clocks. How do you know that you have modified the Nvidia voltage vs the intel voltage?

Did you create an extra menu or something in the bios that allows modification of the nvidia voltage?
find
quote
#6
I'd like to test this bios too but don't know the password...
find
quote
#7
I haven't created any menu, just unhide the existing ones.


and the file has no more password set.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
(08-05-2011, 04:44 PM)camiloml Wrote: I haven't created any menu, just unhide the existing ones.


and the file has no more password set.

Yeah, a member of T|I just flashed it successfully to his M14x and said the menus look similar to the M17 r3 unlocked BIOS, I'll let you know when I see some screenshots.

Is there any chance to extract the VBIOS for modifiying the voltage?


Edit: I think I found the VBIOS in the BIOS file, but I'm not that experienced with Nvidia VBIOS files and I don't have a system to test it either...
In case the VBIOS allowed a certain voltage increase, would it be possible to just switch the modded VBIOS file with the original one, or would this cause a huge mess?

find
quote
#9
Tested it, works fine, menues are visible...

but the CPU BCKL, the NV GPU Clocks, and the NV Voltages are still locked... is there a way to unlock this ???
find
quote
#10
Finally got some pics of the unlocked BIOS, I don't have a M14x myself, so thanks and credits for the pics go to @n3ocort3x.

Here the pics of the main tabs:
[Image: imag0117xk.th.jpg] [Image: imag0118vr.th.jpg] [Image: imag0119dd.th.jpg]
[Image: imag0120e.th.jpg] [Image: imag0121v.th.jpg] [Image: imag0122jx.th.jpg] [Image: imag0123w.th.jpg] [Image: imag0124d.th.jpg]


People report that the BIOS works very well, so this should be moved to the "unlocked Insyde BIOS thread".
And in the name of all M14x users, thanks again for all the work!!!

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)