Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14001
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424470
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224555
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169331
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

ASUS Rampage III Formula Request
#1
Nice site & forum dedicated to BIOS modding. That is something I can truly appreciate. Smile

My request is for OROM modding & AMI unlocking of the ASUS Rampage III Formula 0903 BIOS ROM. I have attached the BIOS ROM but I'm unsure where to find the updated OROMs for the integrated components. ASUS hasn't updated the BIOS in a while, so I've decided to look here.

16 Mb Flash ROM AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.5, ACPI2.0a Multi-Language BIOS

Intel ICH10R controller
Intel 82567V Gigabit LAN Controller
JMicron JMB363 controller
Marvell PCIe 9128 controller

Also, are there any specialized updates specifically for the BIOS itself? Is UEFI limited to newer ASUS motherboards only (even with modding)?

I appreciate any insight & help. Thanks!


.zip   RampageIII-Formula-ASUS-0903.zip (Size: 949.89 KB / Downloads: 35)
find
quote
#2
(08-07-2012, 12:01 AM)CrimsonKnight13 Wrote: Nice site & forum dedicated to BIOS modding. That is something I can truly appreciate. Smile

My request is for OROM modding & AMI unlocking of the ASUS Rampage III Formula 0903 BIOS ROM. I have attached the BIOS ROM but I'm unsure where to find the updated OROMs for the integrated components. ASUS hasn't updated the BIOS in a while, so I've decided to look here.

16 Mb Flash ROM AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.5, ACPI2.0a Multi-Language BIOS

Intel ICH10R controller
Intel 82567V Gigabit LAN Controller
JMicron JMB363 controller
Marvell PCIe 9128 controller

Also, are there any specialized updates specifically for the BIOS itself? Is UEFI limited to newer ASUS motherboards only (even with modding)?

I appreciate any insight & help. Thanks!

Good day All,

I second this request for a modded BIOS with the latest Intel and Marvell firmware's for this Motherboard.

It seems like you can find the latest "Intel ICH10R controller" firmware at the following link:
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm

And the latest "Marvell PCIe 9128 controller" firmware at the following link:
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm

I did find the most recent BIOS MOD for this board on this site at the following thread (Thanks DMAN999):
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Re...ell-Update

But it seems like there's a newer ROM available for Intel's ICH10R controller. I'm curious to know if the TRIM function would be enabled with this ROM in conjuction with the latest Intel RST Drivers, although Intel says that it would only work on boards with the X79 Chipset and higher (See: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6161/intel...we-test-it)

I am currently doing some testing and trying to get the best performance (Read/Writes) with 2x256GB Samsung 830 SSD's in RAID 0 configuration with them either being connected to the Intel ICH10R Sata II Controller ports or the Marvell 9128 Sata III Controller Ports.

It would be much appreciated if someone could provide a BIOS Modification for an Asus Rampage III Formula board with the latest firmware's for the controllers mentioned above.

Thanks,
Mig

P.S. I can provide individual links to the latest BIOS Update from Asus and the latest Intel ICH10R and Marvell 9128 Firmwares if that would help. If not, they can be found in the links above, just not sure if someone with more experience would recommend one over the other....
find
quote
#3
CrimsonKnight13
What exactly do you want to "unlock" in BIOS? Huh I don't get it Undecided

I've modded as you requested the very latest available BIOS 0903.

Change list:
-Updated Intel RST to 11.5.0.1582
-Updated Marvell 9128 BIOS\Firmware\Bootloader to 1.0.0.1033\2.2.0.1125\1.0.1.0002b
-Updated JMicron JMB363 to 1.07.28
-Inserted ASUS SLIC 2.1
-Removed all languages except English


I do not have R3F myself, so I can't test this mod .. but I'm pretty sure that it will work.

Use it on your own risk.

P.S: Thanks ZioGTS for the latest Marvell firmware compilation.


Attached Files
.rar   R3F-0903-READY_SLIC.rar (Size: 806.42 KB / Downloads: 140)

What if ...
find
quote
#4
(08-29-2012, 05:48 AM)eshield Wrote: CrimsonKnight13
What exactly do you want to "unlock" in BIOS? Huh I don't get it Undecided

I've modded as you requested the very latest available BIOS 0903.

Change list:
Updated Intel RST to 11.5.0.1582
Updated Marvell 9128 BIOS\Firmware\Bootloader to 1.0.0.1033\2.2.0.1125\1.0.1.0002b
Updated JMicron JMB363 to 1.07.28
Inserted ASUS SLIC 2.1


I do not have R3F myself, so I can't test this mod .. but I'm pretty sure that it will work. Use it on your own risk


Maybe more options if they're hidden? I was unsure what to ask for with that topic.

Thanks for updating it! I greatly appreciate it. Big Grin
find
quote
#5
CrimsonKnight13
Well, I never heard of "hidden" treasure chests in top-class motherboards like yours :-)

What if ...
find
quote
#6
No worries here. I was fishing in the dark. Smile

I'll test out the modded BIOS tonight & let you know how it goes.
find
quote
#7
(08-29-2012, 06:37 AM)CrimsonKnight13 Wrote: I'll test out the modded BIOS tonight & let you know how it goes.
Hello, are you alive there? I'm worried much :-)

What if ...
find
quote
#8
(08-30-2012, 01:53 AM)eshield Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 06:37 AM)CrimsonKnight13 Wrote: I'll test out the modded BIOS tonight & let you know how it goes.
Hello, are you alive there? I'm worried much :-)

I can happily report that it works quite well & that you did unlock some bonus options that I didn't see before. Smile
find
quote
#9
(08-30-2012, 04:28 AM)CrimsonKnight13 Wrote: I can happily report that it works quite well ...

Glad to hear that Smile

What if ...
find
quote
#10
I did find one snag. The integrated Intel NIC doesn't work. Is there any way to have it added back in? I didn't notice this until later on since I'm also utilizing an add-in NIC. Thanks.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)