Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: awesomeguy
Yesterday 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 80
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101441
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 512
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2867
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7254
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6972
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14327
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 240
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425363
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3827
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 516
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 321
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 540
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227256
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119462
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 381
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6986
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 607
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310484
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62213

ASUS Rampage III Formula Request
#11
(09-13-2012, 07:17 PM)CrimsonKnight13 Wrote: I did find one snag. The integrated Intel NIC doesn't work. Is there any way to have it added back in? I didn't notice this until later on since I'm also utilizing an add-in NIC. Thanks.

The fastest way to make sure it's a bios mod fault or not is to flash original one. Everything I did in mod have no relation with built-in NIC.

It's strongly recommended to clear cmos (or load bios defaults) after each bios update. Even if you flashed the same bios for 2nd time in a row.

P.S: While using Win8 I had a strange bug: once my built-in NIC has totally disappeared from device manager. I performed a lot of action (lots of reboot and driver related actions) and everything was useless until I plugged in PCI NIC. In magical way my built-in NIC appeared after 2nd reboot. BB Win8 till November.

What if ...
find
quote
#12
Thanks. I'll see what happens. Smile
find
quote
#13
Loading defaults didn't fix the missing NIC option. It appears that the integrated NIC isn't being turned on within the BIOS.
find
quote
#14
Flash original BIOS and check if NIC is working ...

What if ...
find
quote
#15
Will do. This is the first time I've seen this happen.
find
quote
#16
I can confirm that going back to 0801 & then back up to the modded 901 restored the integrated NIC.

It's completely stable even when overclocked. Thanks for the hard work!
find
quote
#17
Just wanted to thank you Eshield.

Put the OROM in using ASUS EZ-Flash with no problems.

No problems with the NIC either after updating.

I did freak out a little when the BIOS posted a message about updating the Sata Controller firmware during the boot.

DO NOT TURN OFF / REBOOT

etc..

Something like that...

I've never seen anything like that in all my years with a PC and it didnt happen when I used an earlier 903 OROM here from another poster. That mod also worked perfectly and was very-much appreciated. Seemed to help a lot with stability of the 6G controller.

So I waited and I did indeed get a BIOS message the that firmware had been updated successfully.

It'd be nice if ASUS supported their boards after 6 months but, as we all know, that is wishful thinking.

Thanks so much for the mod friend. It's sincerely appreciated.

I do use the 6G controller for my boot drive so anything to improve stability is very welcome.

Everything seems to be working great so far.
find
quote
#18
Smile 
Well I know it's been awhile since the last post was made but I just have to tell you just how great your mod was.

I use the two Marvell ports for my optical drives since I have all the Intel Sata II ports filled.

I was having allot of stability issues with my burners on the Marvell ports until I installed your mod now everything works great!

I have even picked up some speed on my two Intel raid arrays and I am having no issues with anything else what so ever.

I couldn't be happier with your mod THX. Big Grin
find
quote
#19
Just updated my BIOS to this modded version and my OS and hard drives are working much better. Thank you very much! Big Grin
find
quote
#20
(08-29-2012, 05:48 AM)eshield Wrote: CrimsonKnight13
What exactly do you want to "unlock" in BIOS? Huh I don't get it Undecided

I've modded as you requested the very latest available BIOS 0903.

Change list:
-Updated Intel RST to 11.5.0.1582
-Updated Marvell 9128 BIOS\Firmware\Bootloader to 1.0.0.1033\2.2.0.1125\1.0.1.0002b
-Updated JMicron JMB363 to 1.07.28
-Inserted ASUS SLIC 2.1
-Removed all languages except English


I do not have R3F myself, so I can't test this mod .. but I'm pretty sure that it will work.

Use it on your own risk.

P.S: Thanks ZioGTS for the latest Marvell firmware compilation.

This forum has been so helpful. Thanks for the collaboration of everyone out there modding BIOSes. I have a Rampage III Formula and this BIOS helped me a lot. Seeing that this thread was getting old and stagnant. I decided to work off of what "eshield" had done and modify his BIOS ROM to include the latest Intel RST 12.7.0.1936 and Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network: v1.5.13 OROMS. So without further ado I present version 1.1 of BIOS v0903 for ASUS Rampage III Formula

Complete changelog:

Intel ICH10R SATA RAID Controller: v12.7.0.1936
Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller - Bios : v1.0.0.1033*
Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller - Firmware: v2.2.0.1125*
Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller - Bootloader: v1.0.1.0002b*
JMicron JMB36X Controller: v1.07.28
Intel 82567V-2 Gigabit Network: v1.5.13
SLIC 2.1

I have tested the ROM and everything works without a hitch.

BUT Use at your own risk!

Thanks guys!

.zip   R3F - 0903NEW.zip (Size: 827.3 KB / Downloads: 101)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)