Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 102
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424434
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3614
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 204
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 303
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224462
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119166
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6783
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 402
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309705
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61958
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20273
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169268
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6342
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 822
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5793
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61196

acer aspire 5920g bios request
#1
I've been banging my head against the wall searching for an unlocked bios for my aspire 5920g.
My problem is that it doesn't have the advanced tab unlocked.

I respectfully request an unlocked bios with this feature - active advanced tab.
Link to manufacturer bios: http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/not..._5920.html -> version v 1.3813

Thank you in advance and a good day!

PS. I should mention that the reason i need the advanced tab working is because i have tried installing a new graphics card(nvidia geforce 9650m gt) and the onboard one won't let me install the drivers for the installed one. I need to disable the onboard one from bios, but - surprise - my bios is really basic.

System: Acer aspire 5920g
Intel core 2 duo 2,2ghz
4gb ram
Nvdia geforce 9650m gt 1gb vram(replacement for nvidia geforce 8600m)
find
quote
#2
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in. There do seem to be display options that I may be able to add into the BIOS. I will need to take some more time to look at this.

Regards,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
Hi Cherokee,

I have enabled setting the master display device which should hopefully solve the problem. Please give this a try and let me know how it works out. Remember that flashing is at your own risk.

The new video options are in the main menu.

http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/Phoenix/Ac...20TEST.zip

Thanks and good luck,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#4
I have flashed this BIOS, but it doesn't look like any new options have appeared there. Please help


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#5
(12-18-2022, 10:00 PM)Remdale Wrote: I have flashed this BIOS, but it doesn't look like any new options have appeared there.
Nothing has been done in this BIOS other than switching the master display device option into enabled state. -_-
(05-03-2013, 02:08 PM)TheWiz Wrote: I have enabled setting the master display device
find
quote
#6
(05-03-2013, 02:08 PM)TheWiz Wrote: The new video options are in the main menu.
I looked at this line and thought there would be some stuff unhidden Huh
And I'm wondering if any options for display switching are going to work since the 5920G has PM965 chipset which doesn't have integrated graphics and the display switching for the external graphics card is supposed to be done through the MXM structure. Correct me if I'm wrong
find
quote
#7
(12-19-2022, 08:03 AM)Remdale Wrote:
(05-03-2013, 02:08 PM)TheWiz Wrote: The new video options are in the main menu.
I looked at this line and thought there would be some stuff unhidden :huh:
You're right. His words can be interpreted differently depending on which line to look at. I just didn't pay attention.

(12-19-2022, 08:03 AM)Remdale Wrote: And I'm wondering if any options for display switching are going to work
You must have not seen this option because of the chipset model. Kind of a safety measure, because even if you make it visible and use to switch the graphic device, you'll get a black screen issue.

There is approx hundred of BIOS settings that are hidden with care.
find
quote
#8
(12-19-2022, 09:13 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: I just didn't pay attention.
No worries.

I'm trying to unhide the Sata Mode option. Tried flashing the modded version with advanced options unhidden, but they are still hidden. Do you have any idea why it could be so?
find
quote
#9
(12-19-2022, 03:31 PM)Remdale Wrote: Tried flashing the modded version with advanced options unhidden,
What exact?
find
quote
#10
I found it on a Russian website which was referring to the notebookreview forum. It was this zip file with firmwares for different laptops.
turbobit.net/ptiy604en2vw.html
But here I'm attaching the needed one from there


Attached Files
.wph   Aspire_5920G_MXM_V3.WPH (Size: 1.05 MB / Downloads: 34)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)