Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 121
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 189
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118980
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6682
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309124
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61835
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 508
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20147
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168944
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6192
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 711
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5674
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61008
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274850
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24768

Latitude E6430 BIOS Intel Option ROM unlock RAID0
#1
Hello all!

The new Dell Latitude E6430 BIOS comes with a "neutered" Intel RAID Option ROM that only allows RAID1 Mirroring. Since it's a business oriented machine, it's designed for reliability, hence the neutered RAID1 option only. I've been doing lots of research, but can't seem to find a way to modify the option rom, or upgrade it to the latest available, etc. My intent is to enable RAID0 with dual SATA III 6gb/s SSDs for ultra performance. I've researched it, and the controller definitely supports it. Any Advice?
find
quote
#2
I purchased the E6530 with the intent of doing the same thing. I installed a Corsair Neutron GTX 480 internally and another in a drive bay caddy from NewMods (great fit and exact case contour and color) to replace the DVD. The Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset does support Raid 0 and the drive bay is SATA3(6Gb) but your correct, Intel has only enabled the option for Raid 1. I met with Intel at the CES in Las Vegas to do some research for a project involving the 2011 socket but couldn’t resist the opportunity to ask for a contact that could help with unlocking the BIOS to allow RAID 0. Long story short the contact explained Intel and Dell don’t want users, even enthusiasts, setting up a Raid 0 volume with a member disk that is “a removable drive” on a laptop. He explained/hinted if I gave it some thought it shouldn’t be too difficult to “figure out.” I’ve tried everything short of modifying the BIOS. I just don’t know how to do it. I didn’t get the impression his hint involved that deep of a mod. I’ve tried everything from installing RST every imaginable way prior to the OS to even creating the Raid 0 volume on a my Dell Precision 6700 (same Q77 chipset) then swapping the drives to the E6530. Bottom line RST sees something in the BIOS that limits it’s functionality to “Rapid Restore Technology” rather full functioning iRST. I guess we are not alone in that I’ve found more than a few other threads in the last couple of months with others trying to do the same thing. I don’t want to break any site rules by saying I’m willing to donate at least “a case of beer” or whatever! if someone is willing to take the time. My M6700 is lighting fast with two SSD’s in RAID 0 but I need wheels to make it portable compared to the E6530.
find
quote
#3
Do you still need any help with that?

I found a rather easy way to flash a modified BIOS. It involves parsing module "SetupPrep" with donovan's Universal IFR Extractor and unsetting the BIOS Lock bit property in NVRAM using the tool setup_var. Afterwards you can use Intel's fptw to dump, modify and rewrite your BIOS.

EDIT:

Confirmed RAID0 working on a Latitude E6440. All you need to do, is to examine SetupPrep for the RAID0 setting and enable it with setup_var. No need to flash a modified BIOS or modify the OPROM.

Thanks to Atonus for testing.
find
quote
#4
Quote:EDIT:

Confirmed RAID0 working on a Latitude E6440. All you need to do, is to examine SetupPrep for the RAID0 setting and enable it with setup_var. No need to flash a modified BIOS or modify the OPROM.

Any chance you could elaborate on the process? I'm looking to enable RAID0 on an E6420 and any info you could provide would be very helpful (especially if it prevents me from turning my Latitude into a brick).

Thx,
-Frimlaw
find
quote
#5
Hi Frimlaw,

Atonus posted our email conversation at techinferno. I believe it was this post, but I cannot check it, as the forum is offline right now.
If it's the wrong post, look at the last few pages. It will be there.

Feel free to ask, if you have any questions about the particular steps.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)