Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 67
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424310
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3593
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224186
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119151
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6770
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 381
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61947
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20256
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169211
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6310
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 804
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5772
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61162

Request for Bios update for Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR (Rev1.0)
#1
Hello Brainiacs,

Some years back I brought a new old stock EP45T-UD3LR and a QX9650, The system has done me well I'm very happy with it and would like to stay using the old girl for the time being as other than this issue it does all I need Wink

My issue is the BIOS in RAID mode cannot handle large HDD over 2TB and I want to use the Mother Board to run a mirroring of 2 x 4TB Seagate drives.

I cannot find a BIOS that has the later Raid driver suitable installed in it, Gigabyte long ago gave up supporting
these in the hope it goes to Motherboard heaven and I buy a new one
from them. I'm using F10 the last one they officially released many moons ago.

I do not have the skills to change the ROM module after reading lengthy reports, I think reflashing the BIOS will test me enough Wink
DOS is Alien to me!

If anyone with brains so powerful they need to wear cranium cooling technology on their head while they are working could swap out the ancient "roman era" RAID driver - BIOS posts v8.0.0.1039, with one with suitable powers to understand large GPT drives I would be so grateful!

I'm trying to use Intels Rapid Starage Technology version 11.7.0.1013 as it was the last one they say is officially supporting my ICH10R chipset but if someone helps with the BIOS then i will change to whatever version suggested to work best with the ROM.

I had been running Windows 7 64 Raid with 2 x 3Tb drives for some time with few issues in fact; against the opinions of most beings in the universe but want to try this way which seems also against many opinions although not everyone on here Shy

Cheers
BB (Rookie level 2)
find
quote
#2
Shocked 
Not looking too good so far with the Bios with old RST driver swapped out for a new one mission.
I guess its asking a lot from strangers to help with a computer issue - plus its fairly unique work as most people would never have heard of the custom BIOS community!
I wish Gigabyte had supported the boards for longer, most people would expect a board to last at least 5 years i would have thought.

Perhaps I should have been a programmer Undecided
find
quote
#3
If anyone can help i could pay something via paypal to show my gratitude for the help, I realise most people wont do enough for nothing in the modern world. Wink
find
quote
#4
Hi

Here's the mod with the latest version I could find of the Intel AHCI module - v10.

Try at your own risk!

Code:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/w98po3
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)