Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424174
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223825
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309524
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274954

ASUS X101CH EMT64 Request
#1
Bug 
Hello!
I have this not so old ASUS (model manufactured in Q3/2012) and trying to install Windows (7, 8.1u3, 10/x86) with GPT running on UEFI but:
1. When i start installation from USB in UEFI mode it goes best with Windows 10 TH2, because setup is starting fully, but after selecting partitions it start with copying files (first step) and then suddenly after some time LCD goes off, HDD stops working and that's all. I can only hard power off.
2. Installing x64 Windows is not possible because x64 operations are blocked in this mboard (Chipset  and CPU support it -ark intel).
Here is link to AMI BIOS, i hope for some help, maybe mod of bios that will help fully run UEFI installation. I was trying before adding drivers to boot.wim of installation disc, but i will try again (looks like ACPI or AHCI problem?).
X101CH-ASUS-1203.zip
find
quote
#2
Hi, I'd like to second the request for this bios mod, the CPU is capable of EMT64 but it's disabled in the BIOS.
I've been trying on and off for months to try and gain the skills to do this myself but I'm finding it hard to get a foothold. Can someone have a crack at this? If not could someone point me in the right direction so I can have a go at it myself? Even a link to the correct tools to use (on Windows or Linux)

Thanks

EDIT: I'm attempting to follow these guides:

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...EFI-Aptio4
http://www.win-raid.com/t8f16-BIOS-Moddi...tions.html
http://www.win-raid.com/t18f16-Guide-Man...dding.html

I haven't had any luck so far.

I've also found this modded BIOS that has the modification we're looking for a similar laptop model:
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...4-UNLOCKED

Is there a way that I could use this as a basis for my own modification?
find
quote
#3
Question 
Hi,

I'd like to request a modification of the Asus eeePC X101CH Bios to enable EMT64. Currently it is listed as "Not Supported" in the BIOS though the CPU does have this capability.

Any assistance to enabling this would be appreciated, whether someone wants to make this modifcation or guide me through doing to modification myself.

I have attached the latest unmodded ROM.

Thank you very much,
Bison


Attached Files
.zip   X101CH-ASUS-1203.zip (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 126)
find
quote
#4
Any news on this? Now that Skype no longer support 32 bit Linux, it would be great if someone could have a go at the X101CH.
find
quote
#5
Hi guys!

I have ASUS Eee PC X101CH, with Intel Atom N2600
I want to install a 64bit OS, but the vendor disabled it in BIOS.


Original BIOS is here:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/X101CH/X101CH-ASUS-1203.zip

I have eeprom usb programmer, so do not worry about a damaged BIOS.


Thank you in advance
find
quote
#6
same question... can anyone have already done modding

Тот же вопрос... может кто уже сделал моддинг
find
quote
#7
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...4-UNLOCKED
find
quote
#8
(07-01-2018, 08:52 AM)adeamann Wrote: same question... can anyone have already done modding

Тот же вопрос... может кто уже сделал моддинг

I've done this myself using the information found on this forum and just successfully installed 64bit arch linux Smile

Even though I've tested this you do this at your own risk Smile


Attached Files
.zip   X101CH-ASUS-1203-mod.zip (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 1,105)
find
quote
#9
Many thanks adeamann, you are a genius! I have not installed an OS yet, but I put the ROM file on a FAT16 USB stick and used the built in Easy Flash utility without any problems. EMT64 is now shown as supported.

Just out of interest, please could you describe how you did this and what tools you used?
find
quote
#10
I have A motherbord with D2550 and Not Supported EMT64.please could you describe how you did this and what tools you used?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)