Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6375
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14014
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 113
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424522
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3629
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 319
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224714
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119180
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6796
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 421
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309776
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61979
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 633
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20290
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169397
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6362
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 837

Acer Aspire M7721
#1
Hey I was wondering if any genius would give a go of unlocking the Acer Aspire M7721 bios so I could overclock my i7 920 processor. I saw there was an unlock for the M7720 but I am not sure if it would work and just make my computer useless.

Here is the link to the latest version of the bios form Acer's site: Bios Download
find
quote
#2
Hey Matt,

Seems we have sorted the issue, and the BIOS has been modded with the same features in the m7720.

http://bios-mods.com/BIOS/AMI/Acer/m7721modA.rar

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/m7721mod.rom

TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
(01-04-2010, 07:04 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Hey Matt,

Seems we have sorted the issue, and the BIOS has been modded with the same features in the m7720.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/m7721mod.rom

TheWiz

Dam that was quick thank you very much Big Grin Will test when I get home.

edit: It installed fine and windwos boots up so great job. But I can only change the RAM Memory Frequency and change the QPI Link Speed this is still good but I am wondering if you can unlock the settings to change the CPU host frequency, Uncore multiplier, CPU vcore, QPI vcore and DIMM Voltage so I can do a proper overlcok on my system but if you cant unlock those settings then its fine I will just have to live with what I have got Tongue
find
quote
#4
Yeah, we always enable all we can, so that's all we can offer you.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#5
matt,

what's the safe way to upgrade the bios to the modified one so that certain options will be unlocked and available?

thanks.

Smile

(01-04-2010, 12:44 PM)mattjd Wrote:
(01-04-2010, 07:04 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Hey Matt,

Seems we have sorted the issue, and the BIOS has been modded with the same features in the m7720.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/m7721mod.rom

TheWiz

Dam that was quick thank you very much Big Grin Will test when I get home.

edit: It installed fine and windwos boots up so great job. But I can only change the RAM Memory Frequency and change the QPI Link Speed this is still good but I am wondering if you can unlock the settings to change the CPU host frequency, Uncore multiplier, CPU vcore, QPI vcore and DIMM Voltage so I can do a proper overlcok on my system but if you cant unlock those settings then its fine I will just have to live with what I have got Tongue
find
quote
#6
Tthe instructions are on the first page...
www find
quote
#7
Well Done my friends,....

Everthing works fine with the dos USB bootdisk . Thanks for the support ....

But hmmm... I can only change the RAM Memory Frequency and change the QPI Link Cool ,nice job .....

But i need more can you also unlock the settings to change the CPU host frequency, Uncore multiplier, CPU vcore, QPI vcore and DIMM Voltage so I can overclock my system better with fast 3D renders .... for Vue 8.5 etc...

Nobody works for free , so if you need a donation ...

Let me know what you think, about this .....

Ps . what is the difference between this ....

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...Acer-m7720 etc....


find
quote
#8
Hi quella,


Honestly I have no idea what the reference to the mydigitallife link was, it wasn't really a request so I can't compare it to what's been done here much. As for unlocking those additional options, this BIOS has no more hidden features. If you wanted more I'd need a tester with a spare BIOS chip who could test retail images retro fitted to this board.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#9
(08-14-2010, 10:59 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi quella,


Honestly I have no idea what the reference to the mydigitallife link was, it wasn't really a request so I can't compare it to what's been done here much. As for unlocking those additional options, this BIOS has no more hidden features. If you wanted more I'd need a tester with a spare BIOS chip who could test retail images retro fitted to this board.

TheWiz

Hi my friend TheWiz,

Thanks for your fast answer, amazing....Smile

At this moment with the unlocked bios for the aspire m 7721, there is no more hidden content , well done....Big Grin

But hmmm... I can only change the RAM Memory Frequency and change the QPI Link l and a few other settings,ok not bad .....

However we can not change all the settings...: for example the CPU host frequency, Uncore multiplier, CPU vcore, QPI vcore and DIMM Voltage etc....Sad grrrrrrrrrrrr...

We can see the content , but we can not adjust the content (), gr............Sad

Ps ,
What do you mean :

I'd need a tester with a spare BIOS chip who could test retail images retro fitted to this board.Tongue










find
quote
#10
(08-15-2010, 06:14 PM)quella Wrote:
(08-14-2010, 10:59 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi quella,


Honestly I have no idea what the reference to the mydigitallife link was, it wasn't really a request so I can't compare it to what's been done here much. As for unlocking those additional options, this BIOS has no more hidden features. If you wanted more I'd need a tester with a spare BIOS chip who could test retail images retro fitted to this board.

TheWiz

Hi my friend TheWiz,

Thanks for your fast answer, amazing....Smile

At this moment with the unlocked bios for the aspire m 7721, there is no more hidden content , well done....Big Grin

But hmmm... I can only change the RAM Memory Frequency and change the QPI Link l and a few other settings,ok not bad .....

However we can not change all the settings...: for example the CPU host frequency, Uncore multiplier, CPU vcore, QPI vcore and DIMM Voltage etc....Sad grrrrrrrrrrrr...

We can see the content , but we can not adjust the content (), gr............Sad

Hi my friend TheWiz,

Yeah ,... you are right , we need a spare Bios chip , for testing ,if something go wrongs , ....Confused

Another solution is maybe rewrite the AEGIS Panel foxconn Software overclock utility, so that this is working with the acer aspire 7721 motherboard from foxconn.

Just a idea,

Quella,Big Grin

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)