- Download the latest version or your choose version of BIOS file for your computer or motherboard from the manufacturer’s support site.
- Rename the downloaded file to AMIBOOT.ROM.
- Copy the file to a floppy disk.
- Insert the floppy disk to the floppy drive.
- Turn on the system.
- The system should automatically access the floppy drive (indicated LED will light up). If no floppy access occurs press and hold Ctrl-Home to force update. Follow any on screen instruction to restore and recover the good BIOS from the floppy disk.
- When 4 beeps are heard or a reboot prompt you may remove the floppy disk.
- Restart the computer.
Note: If USB keyboard doesn’t work, try usins a PS/2 keyboard. Sometimes, taking out the CMOS battery to clear the configuration settings or resetting the CMOS jumper switch to clear the CMOS may help too. Only the BIOS file is needed. For AMI BIOS recovery, the floppy doesnt have to be bootable and no flash utility needs to be used.
IMPORTANT: If you have an HP BIOS and the recovery method above was
unsuccessful, please rename the recovery BIOS to HPBIOS.ROM and try