Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 04:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 45
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
Yesterday 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 31787
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
Yesterday 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 57964
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
Yesterday 11:39 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
Yesterday 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 890
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Yesterday 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 661901
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
04-24-2024 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 173
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
04-24-2024 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55290
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
04-24-2024 06:23 AM
» Views: 155
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 136
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 151
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69762
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1373
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
04-23-2024 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70711
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11193
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 37085
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1731
» Views: 546002
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10873
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 590
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4283

Pegatron M2N78-LA BIOS Update Issue
(12-05-2010, 07:01 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: look here and choose "afudos v.4.33" or "afuwin v4.42"
I would prefer the DOS-version and I would prefer the most recent BIOS-version 5.29!

Product number
NY621AA
Release date
08-Oct-2009

5.16 can be found HERE
Direct download

5.08 can be found HERE
Direct download

I have also had the fan instability problem after having updated the BIOS to 5.22 and would like to revert to 5.08. However my motherboard is the M2N78-LA VIOLET version (not VIOLET3) so the 5.08 download here is no good for my Mobo. Is it possible to find the right version of 5.08 for mine so I can flash it back to the original? HP tech support were no help, so I am really stuck.
find
Thank you for this I was just about to bin it(mobo) but will now give this a try

quote='imzjustplayin' pid='44563' dateline='1332748731']
(02-20-2012, 12:54 AM)chris.smith.usmc Wrote: Good morning all;

I am at wits end with this machine. It is a HP Pavilion p6214y. It is stock from Best Buy. I have had issues with this machine since I reloaded it with the same OS that came on it. I was trying to get rid of all the addons.

Since then while downloading, I would get about 10kbs or either time out. I have updated drives, reloaded with Win XP 64, and back to Win 7 Home Prem. Same issues everytime. I can unhook the cat 6 and plug it in to a machine next to it and it works fine, so I know its not my network. I have several other machines online both wireless and wired.

I tried to update the BIOS with the file provided by HP and it bricked it. I have it with a basic load right now, with nothing but the OS on it. I am willing to try whatever it takes to make this machine work short of spending $$$$$$.

I am hoping that flashing the BIOS will assist with this issue. If you have any other ideas, I am open to suggestion. I am a Data Chief in the Marines so I have tried all the basic stuff as far as tcp/ip settings, firewalls, directly connecting to the modem. However I have never flashed a BIOS so if you could dummy proof it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model Tongueegatron M2N78-LA
-Bios Revision :5.22
-Bios Type :AMI
-Bios SLIC :???
-Bios Link :ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...-1/sp46426.exe

SEMPER FIDELIS
CHRIS

Well I am pretty sure that I bricked my mobo. I am getting 2 short beeps and 1 long beep. I looked it up and it has to do with my video adapter. My monitor is not receiving any signal either.

Any suggestions that would help fix this, besided buying a new mobo?

Thanks
Chris
Read the thread located here:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Deskt...173#M23411

My post from that thread:
Quote:(Revised Instructions)
Instructions for those of you who have unsuccessfully done a bios flash on these HP computers, specifically those with the M2N78-LA motherboard. This may or may not work with other HP computers but since you've already done a misflash which is very bad, I'd say things can only get better, so proceed as follows:

1. Because of your misflashed bios, you will need a second computer with a floppy drive that is working. The reason for this is because the bios update HP has on it website requires the computer to be working properly and for you to be in Windows which you no longer can do due to the Bios misflash. So, you will need to download the correct bios update for the computer that is being updated/fixed. For the computer we're talking about today, the bios update file is sp46426.exe.
2. Now that you've downloaded the correct bios update onto your second computer, you're going to have to extract the Bios Rom from it. To extract the bios rom, you need a file archive utility called "Winrar" which can be downloaded from here:
http://www.rarlab.com/

3. Assuming you have Winrar installed, in Windows, right click on the file and select "Open with Winrar". Or from within Winrar, select the file and open it. Inside of our sp46426.exe file there is a list of files, one of which is our Bios Rom. For this specific bios update (the name will vary depending on the computer and version of bios), our Bios Rom is called "VLE5.22".

4. Now extract (in this case) "VLE5.22" into a folder and then rename the file from VLE5.22 to HPBIOS.ROM and copy this file onto a blank floppy diskette.

5. Unfortunately for these computers, you cannot use an external USB floppy or USB flash drive, or a CD to perform this bios recovery so you will need an internal floppy drive and ribbon. I know these computers do not come with them so you will either have to buy this or source this from a much older computer which DOES have an internal floppy drive and grey ribbon cable.

6. With an internal floppy drive properly connected, insert the floppy disk with the HPBIOS.ROM file and turn on the machine. You may need to hold down Ctrl-Home, but not 100% sure. After a long while the machine will give 4 or 5 beeps, and reset itself. Once it's done that it will boot normally.

BTW, if you connect your floppy drive and w/o a floppy disk in the drive find the Drive LED is stuck on and you hear no drive activity, it means your floppy drive cable is backwards and or your floppy drive is bad but it's far more likely the former than the latter.

I also want give many thanks to the person who started this thread and to all those who contributed as I too encountered an issue with a misflash on a friend's computer no less and had to quickly fix the problem lest I tell him the fate of his computer.

I made this post because I saw the frustration with the users in this thread and I too felt the same frustration and was relieved to find the solution in that other thread there. I hope this post will be of help for those who encounter the same problem and it's not too late for others who have already misflashed their board.
[/quote]
find
(09-22-2012, 12:21 PM)fuzzy Wrote: Thank you for this I was just about to bin it(mobo) but will now give this a try

quote='imzjustplayin' pid='44563' dateline='1332748731']
(02-20-2012, 12:54 AM)chris.smith.usmc Wrote: Good morning all;

I am at wits end with this machine. It is a HP Pavilion p6214y. It is stock from Best Buy. I have had issues with this machine since I reloaded it with the same OS that came on it. I was trying to get rid of all the addons.

Since then while downloading, I would get about 10kbs or either time out. I have updated drives, reloaded with Win XP 64, and back to Win 7 Home Prem. Same issues everytime. I can unhook the cat 6 and plug it in to a machine next to it and it works fine, so I know its not my network. I have several other machines online both wireless and wired.

I tried to update the BIOS with the file provided by HP and it bricked it. I have it with a basic load right now, with nothing but the OS on it. I am willing to try whatever it takes to make this machine work short of spending $$$$$$.

I am hoping that flashing the BIOS will assist with this issue. If you have any other ideas, I am open to suggestion. I am a Data Chief in the Marines so I have tried all the basic stuff as far as tcp/ip settings, firewalls, directly connecting to the modem. However I have never flashed a BIOS so if you could dummy proof it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model Tongueegatron M2N78-LA
-Bios Revision :5.22
-Bios Type :AMI
-Bios SLIC :???
-Bios Link :ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwar...-1/sp46426.exe

SEMPER FIDELIS
CHRIS

Well I am pretty sure that I bricked my mobo. I am getting 2 short beeps and 1 long beep. I looked it up and it has to do with my video adapter. My monitor is not receiving any signal either.

Any suggestions that would help fix this, besided buying a new mobo?

Thanks
Chris
Read the thread located here:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Deskt...173#M23411

My post from that thread:
Quote:(Revised Instructions)
Instructions for those of you who have unsuccessfully done a bios flash on these HP computers, specifically those with the M2N78-LA motherboard. This may or may not work with other HP computers but since you've already done a misflash which is very bad, I'd say things can only get better, so proceed as follows:

1. Because of your misflashed bios, you will need a second computer with a floppy drive that is working. The reason for this is because the bios update HP has on it website requires the computer to be working properly and for you to be in Windows which you no longer can do due to the Bios misflash. So, you will need to download the correct bios update for the computer that is being updated/fixed. For the computer we're talking about today, the bios update file is sp46426.exe.
2. Now that you've downloaded the correct bios update onto your second computer, you're going to have to extract the Bios Rom from it. To extract the bios rom, you need a file archive utility called "Winrar" which can be downloaded from here:
http://www.rarlab.com/

3. Assuming you have Winrar installed, in Windows, right click on the file and select "Open with Winrar". Or from within Winrar, select the file and open it. Inside of our sp46426.exe file there is a list of files, one of which is our Bios Rom. For this specific bios update (the name will vary depending on the computer and version of bios), our Bios Rom is called "VLE5.22".

4. Now extract (in this case) "VLE5.22" into a folder and then rename the file from VLE5.22 to HPBIOS.ROM and copy this file onto a blank floppy diskette.

5. Unfortunately for these computers, you cannot use an external USB floppy or USB flash drive, or a CD to perform this bios recovery so you will need an internal floppy drive and ribbon. I know these computers do not come with them so you will either have to buy this or source this from a much older computer which DOES have an internal floppy drive and grey ribbon cable.

6. With an internal floppy drive properly connected, insert the floppy disk with the HPBIOS.ROM file and turn on the machine. You may need to hold down Ctrl-Home, but not 100% sure. After a long while the machine will give 4 or 5 beeps, and reset itself. Once it's done that it will boot normally.

BTW, if you connect your floppy drive and w/o a floppy disk in the drive find the Drive LED is stuck on and you hear no drive activity, it means your floppy drive cable is backwards and or your floppy drive is bad but it's far more likely the former than the latter.

I also want give many thanks to the person who started this thread and to all those who contributed as I too encountered an issue with a misflash on a friend's computer no less and had to quickly fix the problem lest I tell him the fate of his computer.

I made this post because I saw the frustration with the users in this thread and I too felt the same frustration and was relieved to find the solution in that other thread there. I hope this post will be of help for those who encounter the same problem and it's not too late for others who have already misflashed their board.
[/quote]

I've tried the USB DOS update route with no success. The DOS boots up fine but the BIOS update just doesn't take, although it seems like the command is actually doing something during the pause before the C prompt returns. Alas, I would have attempted the floppy disk route but on Version 6 of M2N78-LA there is no floppy drive header. I would like to know if anyone with any version this board has floppy drive capabilities.
find
Has anyone successfully flashed VIO5.29 using AFUDOS? If so what switches did you use? I have found so many different opinions on what should be used and I don't want to [censored] it up. Unfortunately, I can't use the floppy drive because I see one of this pins is broken off on the motherboard side. Which means I can't use the method of just copying HPBIOS.ROM to a floppy and booting the system. So, I was hoping to boot from a Win98 USB stick and then run AFUDOS. I tried just running the HP Softpaq (sp43100) but I'm guessing it only works on Vista because it says that I don't meet the minimum requirements.

This cycling fan is driving me insane. Its my son's computer and I'm re-imaging it because he had a virus. I don't know how this fan didn't drive him crazy!! Undecided
find
I hope people are still willing to take a look at this thread, because I'm working on the same board. I'm trying to help a poor family fix their computer and so far I've only made matters worse.

The computer: HP p6210y motherboard: Pegatron M2N78-LA rev 3.02 VIOLET not violet 2 or violet 3

The computer doesn't boot properly into windows so using HP's own windows bios util couldn't be done; I had to go the afudos route.

I found this thread and updated to the 3.29 file as suggested on page 1, but I firmly believe that bios was never intended for this board (perhaps later revisions). Afterwards, I had the issue where the computer no longer used onboard video, so I was forced to install a graphics card to continue troubleshooting.

Now, I am hoping to reflash to bios from HP version 3.22. I used the method of downloading the updater, and extracting from the exe using winRAR.

I made a USB bootable into Windows 98 command prompt, and Afudos 4.33 from the link on page 1. Originally I was able to flash to 3.29 using the command
"afudos BIOS.ROM /P /B /N /C /E /K"
and it appeared to work fine, with progress reports and info flashing by.

Now when using the same tool, nothing happens when I press enter. A blinking cursor appears underneath the line but nothing happens. I've tried several times, including trying to reflash using the same 3.29 bios.

What I see:
C:\afudos HPBIOS.ROM /P /B /N /C /E /K <ENTER>
_

(the underscore blinking, computer does nothing, and restarts with no detectable change)

Can anyone tell me why afudos has become unresponsive after the bios flash? What should I try next?
find
Well, I never found out why afudos under dos would no longer take, but I found something that did.

I made a BartPE usb stick, booted into it, and used Afuwin to reflash the 3.22 bios. It warned me that they didn't match, but was willing to flash to it anyway. Now my onboard video is working again Smile
find
Hello,
I have an HP p6028it PC with a M2N78-LA motherboard (I think it's not the violet one).
The BIOS previous versione was 5.09 (03/04/2009).
I tried to update to version 5.22 (04/15/2010) by using the following file: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...02&sw_lang=
After appling this update CPU fan cooler has started to make noise like an airplane. Every 5 or 10 minutes it seems to rotate at the maximum speed. Then it goes down.

I removed the AC adapter for safety purposes, I moved the two CLEAR_CMOS and CLEAR_PW jumpers to pin 1-2. Then I reconnected the AC, I maintained pressed the power button but the PC shutdowns in about 3 or 4 seconds.
Then I redisconnected the AC and I moved the CLEAR_CMOS and CLEAR_PW jumpers to pin 2-3.
After reconnecting the PC and restarting PC, I pressed the F10 key in order to access the BIOS (I noticed the presence of 5.22 version. Is it normal?)
Then I rebooted PC.
In Windows I tried to run AFUWIN utility.
I choosed VIO5.29.bin file then clicked FLASH.
AFUWIN shows the following message: "CMOS layout difference between System ROM and ROM file has detected. AFU recommend adding /B, /C commands of your original input commands. Press accept to accept AFU's recommendation. Press Force to keep original input commands...".
What do you suggest?
Thank you in advance.
find
What I have come to realize is HP has two motherboard of the Pegatron M2N78-LA variety one uses DDR2 AM2+(mine), while another is AM3 DDR3. Since updating to this 5.22 my system has this fan issue also. When running hdmonitor while the fan increases the 4 cpu's on my Amd Phenom X4 9550 all show good tempatures of 38c, while I did notice this temp 0 reading was going high which was causing the cpu fan to increase to compensate. Just not sure where this temp is located on the motherboard. I'm afraid to revert to a older bios posted because they maybe for the DDR3 motherboard. HP really screwed up it seems a lot of these motherboards by not releasing a fixed proper bios. What I also noticed was the link to the 5.29 bios has a older release date 2009 then the 5.22 in 2010, thats the even more scary part of trying this 5.29. Thanks bios mod for keeping this post active. Will try to find a for sure older DDR2 AM2+ bios with links.
find
Hi there,
my system with BIOS 5.16 also has this fan issue running WIN7.
Running UBUNTU on this computer, there is no fan problem.

Maybe, I only need new mainboard drivers for WIN7, so I can avoid the "dangerous" BIOS flash ?

What do you think ?

This forum was the only one I found helpful. HP didn't help me.

Thank's for any idea how to get rid of the fan problem (unfortunately I need windows on this machine, too).

My computer model is p6390de.

Thank you.
find
Hello to all. Sorry for necropost but it seems your forum most reliable.

I've got an old pc(not my main pc) - Compaq Presario (CQ5022RU) with M2N78-LA. 10 days ago i buy phenom 9850 from aliexpress, as the manual says dat its maximum for this mb. Today i got this processor and when i plug it in and poweron a saw unsupported cpu message and computer shut down.

Next i boot it and fast press F2 then my grub loader appear and i boot my gentoo linux.

lscpu tell me that i have phenom 9850 processor.

then i start googling and find your forum. i ve read all this thread and couple of others.

I ve formated my usb 8gb to fat32 with rufus(https://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale), with creating bootable FreeDos(http://www.freedos.org/download/ [Boot floppy ]). Then i make folder BOOT in the root of usb drive and download AFUDOS.exe

ive booted from usb and make this inside dos:

cd BOOT
dir
AFUDOS /oold.rom
(this cmd save your current bios to old.rom file)

then i downloaded hp bios exe dont remember filename_of.exe unpack the 1mb file and rename it to HPBIOS.ROM - but this attempt failed when i tryed to update bios from afudos.

then ive downloaded the VIO5.29.bin from 1st page of this thread and rename it to HPBIOS.ROM (in the boot directory of usb)

then i simply make:
afudos /iHPBIOS.ROM

it tells me: make force or make optimal and i press "A" key to make optimal.

After this i got my bios updated sucsessfuly and now its forking fine this new phenom 9850

if u need a copy of my old bios - here ive got https://yadi.sk/d/qoET9RTH3LEezr
and this is bios from 1st page of theread dat succesfully worked with my new proc https://yadi.sk/d/QdRfLrTo3LEf5Y

[Image: Px8IC6kTBmw.jpg]

[Image: C5bDxr-FBeQ.jpg]

P.S. u can say thanks to me by bitcoin: 15YqzKRC5TE7MAyvCPHcoqHyUD6uLe2koQ
find