Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Usunięcie białej listy biosu - Lenovo G7...
Last Post: Mireknej
Today 12:03 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 88
[REQUEST] Unlocked BIOS for Gigabyte H51...
Last Post: IsHacker
Today 10:27 AM
» Views: 63
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: Spacoom
Today 09:09 AM
» Replies: 146
» Views: 58391
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Crazy tech
Yesterday 09:51 PM
» Replies: 78
» Views: 42887
Analyze java class System Identifier cod...
Last Post: Hasan jeet
Yesterday 03:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: sscdimon
Yesterday 01:53 PM
» Replies: 471
» Views: 132916
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: cpih
Yesterday 12:03 PM
» Replies: 846
» Views: 329013
Delete Whitelist HP 15s-eq1000
Last Post: gdefareins
Yesterday 09:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 179
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y470 & Y570 (47CNxxWW) ...
Last Post: jabbari74
Yesterday 03:37 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 18205
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad T420 (83ETxxWW...
Last Post: lucasow
Yesterday 03:02 AM
» Replies: 315
» Views: 194596
[REQUEST] Asus PRIME B460M-A modding bio...
Last Post: hnoimahi
04-27-2024 08:04 AM
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-27-2024 05:34 AM
» Replies: 809
» Views: 247235
[REQUEST] Asus maximus X Code "fan profi...
Last Post: appletechgeek
04-27-2024 12:12 AM
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
04-26-2024 04:27 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 25963
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
04-26-2024 04:26 PM
» Replies: 588
» Views: 148503
[REQUEST] GL504GS BIOS unlock
Last Post: pl4gue
04-26-2024 12:19 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 59526
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
04-26-2024 04:37 AM
» Views: 182
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
04-25-2024 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 32143
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 58589
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
04-25-2024 11:39 AM
» Views: 186

Gateway FX6800 (TBGM01)
(02-13-2011, 10:41 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi coastie65,

In order to "flash" your BIOS you need a utility that will take the new BIOS image and flash it to your motherboard. This tutorial should help you flash the modified image. Please use the AMI instructions to do so.

http://www.bios-mods.com/biosupdate.html

Thanks and welcome,
TheWiz

Hey Wiz, Thanks for the response. As a Moderator at PCWorld.com and frequently, providing help over there, I realized it after I posted. Haven't had time to get back into it as I have been busy with the forums. I have flashed my share of BiOSes to be sure, including flashing an Intel BiOS over an eMachines BiOS ( it was an Intel MOBO ). As soon as I get the time, I'll get back to it and hopefully be able to test and confirm it. I did post a link to this page on another board where there were several with this rig and MOBO that were looking for an unlocked BiOS. Great site and good find. I will be pointing folks in this direction when the subject arises. I did get the BiOS upgrade from Gateway/AMI that unlocked the Turbo Boost on the Motherboard, but from what I understand, if you OC the CPU, you have to disable it anyway. I will get back to it when I have time, but have been besieged with SPAMMERS on the forums and dealing with some other issues over there as well.
Thanks for the welcome & respnse,
coastie

Cooler Master 912 HAF Case, ASUS P8Z68-VPro MOBO, Intel i7 2600k OC'd to 4.4 GHz, 8 Gb of GSkill Ripjaws Series X 1600 Mhz ram, Samsung Optical drive, WD 1TB Caviar Black 6.0 Hdd, WD 1 TB Caviar Black 3.0 Hdd, Samsung 256 Gb SSD, EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1 Gb Video Card, Corsair AX850 PSU
find
(02-13-2011, 10:41 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi coastie65,

In order to "flash" your BIOS you need a utility that will take the new BIOS image and flash it to your motherboard. This tutorial should help you flash the modified image. Please use the AMI instructions to do so.

http://www.bios-mods.com/biosupdate.html

Thanks and welcome,
TheWiz

Yeah, That dawned on me after I posted. Can't say as I've ever done a "Hot Flash" before. Anyway, I downloaded the HP tool as well as the AUFDOS utility and saved it to desktop for the time being. I have to get a Flash Drive as I don't have one around here ( thought I did ) that I can find. I'm going to take some "Before" Pics and then if all goes well, some "After" Pics of the BiOS ( at least the important stuff ).

Cooler Master 912 HAF Case, ASUS P8Z68-VPro MOBO, Intel i7 2600k OC'd to 4.4 GHz, 8 Gb of GSkill Ripjaws Series X 1600 Mhz ram, Samsung Optical drive, WD 1TB Caviar Black 6.0 Hdd, WD 1 TB Caviar Black 3.0 Hdd, Samsung 256 Gb SSD, EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1 Gb Video Card, Corsair AX850 PSU
find
Hello,

does this work for he Packard Bell version of this board (tbgm01), too?
Some Data:

Motherboard ID 64-2776-009999-00101111-111408-TYLSBURG$842P8P02_THIS BIOS IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR PACKARD BELL ONLY (R01-A0) COPYRIGHT 2002-2008 BY ACER INC.

Motherboard Name Gateway TBGM01
find
Still haven't gotten my flash drive as yet. Was checking things out and ran into one snag. It was with the Flash Utilitiy. When I click to open it I get this: [Image: Message-1.jpg]

UPDATE: AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!! I think I went brain dead again. I got to thinking and realized that I don't open those files. I just transfer them to the flash drive. [/size]

find
Question 
Oh am I glad to have found this forum. I have a Gateway FX6802-07c and been trying to figure out what motherboard I had and I just found out I've got a TBGM01.

I downloaded the modded BIOS rom from the first page that was provided by the admin (thank you very much) and I tried flashing it with AFUWIN 4.36 (in Windows of course, hence AFUWIN) from the Gateway support site but I get the error as you can see below.

I don't want to have to flash this from DOS but I will if necessary. Is there a solution to this "Error: File ROM ID incorrect"?

Oh, I'll definitely post up pics if this works.

EDIT: Geez... So I missed the "Do not check ROM ID" checkbox.
Disregard the above =P

I just flashed it and just going to restart right now, if it doesn't brick and I'm still alive, I'll post my findings.

EDIT2: Well the first time it booted up it scared the Ship outta me, but it seems to run fine. There is a CMOS mismatch error but nonetheless, here are the images I promised. Can't really customize or overclock anything but exciting either way.

Are there any newer modded BIOS roms out there that have more functionality? I'd be more than glad to give it a go.
find
(02-17-2011, 06:27 AM)flipout707 Wrote: Oh am I glad to have found this forum. I have a Gateway FX6802-07c and been trying to figure out what motherboard I had and I just found out I've got a TBGM01.

I downloaded the modded BIOS rom from the first page that was provided by the admin (thank you very much) and I tried flashing it with AFUWIN 4.36 (in Windows of course, hence AFUWIN) from the Gateway support site but I get the error as you can see below.

I don't want to have to flash this from DOS but I will if necessary. Is there a solution to this "Error: File ROM ID incorrect"?

Disregard the above =P

I just flashed it and just going to restart right now, if it doesn't brick and I'm still alive, I'll post my findings.

EDIT2: Well the first time it booted up it scared the Ship outta me, but it seems to run fine. There is a CMOS mismatch error but nonetheless, here are the images I promised. Can't really customize or overclock anything but exciting either way.

Are there any newer modded BIOS roms out there that have more functionality? I'd be more than glad to give it a go.

Not Bad. I need to get out and get a Flash Drive as I am going to do it in DOS. Hopefull it won't brick my MOBO. Big Grin I was going to use an 8 Gb Flash Drive but decided I didn't want to go through the hassle of Partitioning it, so am going to see if I can find a 1 Gb one as I don't think I'll find anything smaller. I'm not really sure you can raise the multiplier on the i7's as they may be locked at 20, but then again, maybe not. We'll see. I am moderating another board and have a number of projects going on around here ( Two computer Upgrades and two fixes ). Anyway, Good Job. Hopefully I won't be too much longer getting to it. I only have two things on my agenda after Flashing it and that is to raise the QPI from 4.8 to 6.4 and get my memory up from 1066 Mhz to 1600 Mhz. If I can do that, I'll be happy. If you haven't gotten some kind of monitor, you may want to download and install HW Monitor to keep an eye on the temps. The Northbridge in these things tend to get awful warm with Smart Fan enabled ( I have seen 110C ). There was a BiOS unlock for a Packard Bell that I think is the same MOBO and most likely the BiOS will work: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Pa...ng-Options

find
(02-17-2011, 09:20 AM)coastie65 Wrote:
(02-17-2011, 06:27 AM)flipout707 Wrote: Oh am I glad to have found this forum. I have a Gateway FX6802-07c and been trying to figure out what motherboard I had and I just found out I've got a TBGM01.

Disregard the above =P

Not Bad. I need to get out and get a Flash Drive as I am going to do it in DOS. Hopefull it won't brick my MOBO. Big Grin I was going to use an 8 Gb Flash Drive but decided I didn't want to go through the hassle of Partitioning it, so am going to see if I can find a 1 Gb one as I don't think I'll find anything smaller. I'm not really sure you can raise the multiplier on the i7's as they may be locked at 20, but then again, maybe not. We'll see. I am moderating another board and have a number of projects going on around here ( Two computer Upgrades and two fixes ). Anyway, Good Job. Hopefully I won't be too much longer getting to it. I only have two things on my agenda after Flashing it and that is to raise the QPI from 4.8 to 6.4 and get my memory up from 1066 Mhz to 1600 Mhz. If I can do that, I'll be happy. If you haven't gotten some kind of monitor, you may want to download and install HW Monitor to keep an eye on the temps. The Northbridge in these things tend to get awful warm with Smart Fan enabled ( I have seen 110C ). There was a BiOS unlock for a Packard Bell that I think is the same MOBO and most likely the BiOS will work: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Pa...ng-Options

I actually found this forum from a post you made on Tom's Hardware which I found from Googling my motherboard =P. You should really flash it through Windows, it's so much easier and seeing that you have a Gateway FX series like me (assuming it's all factory) it should be no problem unless I'm overlooking something. I'm really hoping our 920s are able to go higher than 20 and I'll definitely watch the Northbridge temps with your recommendation of HW monitor. I assumed a factory computer (well maintained by the user) was tested so us users would not have to worry about Northbridge temps and whatnot. I'm temped to give the Packard Bell BIOS a try, I was taking a look at it earlier. My only fear is bricking and I don't feel like going out to buy a Floppy drive if it bricks to get it up running again (unless I don't know of a USB recovery option for AMI BIOSes). Has anyone else tried the Packard Bell BIOS coastie65 mentioned above?
find
(02-18-2011, 02:37 AM)flipout707 Wrote:
(02-17-2011, 09:20 AM)coastie65 Wrote:

Disregard the above =P

I actually found this forum from a post you made on Tom's Hardware which I found from Googling my motherboard =P. You should really flash it through Windows, it's so much easier and seeing that you have a Gateway FX series like me (assuming it's all factory) it should be no problem unless I'm overlooking something. I'm really hoping our 920s are able to go higher than 20 and I'll definitely watch the Northbridge temps with your recommendation of HW monitor. I assumed a factory computer (well maintained by the user) was tested so us users would not have to worry about Northbridge temps and whatnot. I'm temped to give the Packard Bell BIOS a try, I was taking a look at it earlier. My only fear is bricking and I don't feel like going out to buy a Floppy drive if it bricks to get it up running again (unless I don't know of a USB recovery option for AMI BIOSes). Has anyone else tried the Packard Bell BIOS coastie65 mentioned above?

Yeah, you don't want to brick the MOBO for sure. I am not too concerned about doing a DOS flash. I have another Desktop as well as a laptop that I could use to make up another flash drive. The only one I know who has used it, is the persn who requested the unlocked Gateway TBGM-01 BiOS. He had a Packard Bell and wanted to compare the two ( It uses the TBGM-01 MOBO). He tried both and saw no difference or so he said. Liked the screen shots, but would have liked to see a couple of other pages. They were fine though. I don't remember how I found my way over here. Prowling aroing around on the internet and came across an Ocscure link and decide to check it out. As I recall, I wasn't expecting much and hit the jackpot. I decide to put it up over at Tom's Hardware, as there were some grumbling about the BiOS in these things sometime back over there. The DOS flash shouldn't be a problem. Just formatting the Flash drive to FAT 16 and then transferring the Imaging files & Flash Utility to it. Once that is done, you should be able to boot to the Flash drive and then enter the command line at the prompt then sit back and Pray. Big Grin

find
hi guys don't know if this will help.worked for me on different bios! first create a dos usb drive and attach afudos and the rom you want to flash (we will use this later) use afuwin that i have attached open your rom file and tick ignore rom id. flash your bios restart then boot from your usb pen and in the dos command wright afudos then hit space then your Rom id code then enter flashing bios again through dos.

for some reasen i always have to flash again through dos dont know why tried clearing cmos with jumper and that but keeps coming up bad checksum hope this helps
but remember it is always risky flashing a different bios i hold no responsibility if you bin your mobo Sad

Good luck lecky

Attached Files
.rar   afuwin.rar (Size: 1.21 MB / Downloads: 12)
find
(02-18-2011, 06:28 PM)lecky2010 Wrote: hi guys don't know if this will help.worked for me on different bios! first create a dos usb drive and attach afudos and the rom you want to flash (we will use this later) use afuwin that i have attached open your rom file and tick ignore rom id. flash your bios restart then boot from your usb pen and in the dos command wright afudos then hit space then your Rom id code then enter flashing bios again through dos.

for some reasen i always have to flash again through dos dont know why tried clearing cosmos and that but keeps coming up bad checksum hope this helps
but remember it is always risky flashing a different bios i hold no responsibility if you bin your mobo Sad

Good luck lecky
I'll be flashing the TBGM-01 BiOS Using the flashdrive & DOS. I have an 8 Gb Flash drive, but want t use a smaller one for this. Don't feel like partitioning the thing as that can be a hassle. From the Pix of the TBGM-01 unlock, it appears to be a good unlock, but won't know until I have done it.

find