Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Asus PRIME B460M-A modding bio...
Last Post: hnoimahi
Today 08:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 246
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 809
» Views: 246740
[REQUEST] Asus maximus X Code "fan profi...
Last Post: appletechgeek
Today 12:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
Yesterday 04:27 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 25568
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
Yesterday 04:26 PM
» Replies: 588
» Views: 147910
[REQUEST] GL504GS BIOS unlock
Last Post: pl4gue
Yesterday 12:19 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 59270
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
Yesterday 04:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
04-25-2024 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 31998
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 58251
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
04-25-2024 11:39 AM
» Views: 161
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 914
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-25-2024 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 665500
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
04-24-2024 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 203
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
04-24-2024 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55645
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
04-24-2024 06:23 AM
» Views: 188
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 168
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 181
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 70392
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1406
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
04-23-2024 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 71276

[REQUEST] BIOS unlock for Asus ROG Zephyrus M15 GU502LV
Hi there genius239 and Merry Christmas! Would like to request,if possible of course unlocked BIOS for my Asus Zephyrus M15(i7-10750H + RTX 2060)
From what i've read so far in other similiar posts here i'm not very optimistic due to the whole ASUS slash Intel lock up situation but i'm still holding on some hope.
My current BIOS is 312(release: 07.27.2021). Download link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Gamin...VAS312.zip
I tried to dump my BIOS with the f12 tool that you provided in another post to no avail for some reason.
Not sure what's wrong but when i executed the .bat file(as administrator) i only got empty cmd window with blinking cursor inside.
Waited 10 min and terminated the job(please advise on this one).
And just some extra info.This is what i know so far:
HWiNFO show that the Boot Guard is present and Enabled.
Inside the BIOS i still have the option to Offset the Voltage up to 80.

Will wait for your response,hopefully it's still possible unlock to be done. Thank you!
find
@d_tx

I thought it's possible to unlock menu in GU502LV ,because i found i ever unlock the same model at 10012021 and another similar model GU502GW  ,visit here to see the modified result.
1. Please disable Bitlocker temporarily on your system.

2.Make a bios dump with this tool then attach the file. (Run dump.bat as administrator)

find
@genius239

Thanks for that fast response and motivation.Probably for the good news as well(crossing fingers here).
Yeah,the picture(result) you posted,the snapshot of the BIOS looks identical to mine.I compared each line just to make sure.
I'm hopefull now that it might happened.
About Bitlocker.I read about that(in another post here) so this is what i did today.I researched every possible way to get this thing
disabled so i think we good on that part.

Unfortunatelly the dump file is too big(6.07 MB compressed,once uploaded was showing that it's over 45 MB,banging my head on this one for sure) so i'll send you a PM with link to my GDrive so you can download it from there,if you don't mind.
And just to give you some background.
Well,i'm not sure if the problem is on my end as i just installed a fresh Windows 10 LTSC IoT 2021,which is kind of more striped then the regular one.
The dump.bat didn't work though but i made it work. What i did was to set manually the FPTW64.exe to run as administrator then i opened CMD as a admin,
cd to the folder and ran the command manually and got the dump file at last.
Will attach screenshot from the cmd process so you can see it and make sure it was done the right way.
Will wait patiently.Take your time,make it right. Big,big thanks again!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
@genius239 in another post you mentioned that users disappeared without leaving any feedback,not even THANKS for pete's sake.
I'm here though,feedback was given to you trough PM. If there is anything else,i'm happy to answer it.
find
@genius239,me again.Sorry for the bother but i stumbled on a heck of a problem,currently there is no solution,even with unlocked BIOS.
Anyway on your end and skills to disable Intel ME Boot Guard?
This thing is so nasty,it won't let me use Throttlestop.It disables the Overclocking Lock once PC get restarted.
Disabling ME alltogether won't even let me boot into Windows.
If i set the Voltage Offset in BIOS it remains after reboot. So anyone with(i'm gessing) 312 bios and up is basically screwed as i am at the moment.
Oh,and also setting the Offset Voltage to more then -80mv( tested -90mv,just to see if it works) won't let me boot either,even though you provided the option,it doesn't work(this very well could be the Boot Guard too). So you know,no point modding it for somebody else.
Let me know on that nasty Boot Guard. Thanks!
find
@d_tx

1. Sorry ,currently i still didn't know how to disable Bios guard. I also want to figure out how to disable it then i just can modify Dell bios. Most Dell production has Bios guard included ,so we can't edit it anymore. If we change anything in bios then the machine will be bricked and damage your machine ,it will not boot up again.
Fortunately ,we can edit bios in a ASUS laptop.

2. How did you confirm it was caused by Bios guard? As i know ,the "Overclocking lock" automatically enabling per re-boot is start from release bios that after 2020 year. On some Intel 8th ,9th gen laptop we can disable "OverClocking Feature" to block it enable again. OverClocking Feature is under advance >> OverClocking Performance Menu , its feature is extend complete oc menu ,when you enable it all oc menus will be appear. (This method was figured out frmn a user ,not me.)
But if the bios release date is after 2021 year ,this method will be invalid ,you can only is disable Overclocking Lock per boot up. I know it's very annoying ,but this is we only can do at the present stage.

3. I haven't received any feedback something will affect the Core Voltage Offset , they did undervolt via stock setting(already extended) is work fine.

find
@genius239

Well,let's see.How did i found out.
It was doing it before but not every time.Usually when i disable something(more..."important") in BIOS.
Like for example i disabled Intel Virtualization and next thing i see after reboot the Voltage Features in Throttlestop are all greyed out.
Going back in bios i could see that the Voltage Offset was turned off. Turning it back on,sometime was remaining on but i never knew what would be
on the next restart. I guess the BIOS was buggy and the Boot Guard wasn't activating every time and it was hard to troubleshoot this way because
it was very unpredictable. Until yesterday when i decided to repaste and replace the thermal pads,get rid of all that cheap crap manufacturer is using
and improve their "fine job" with the thermal paste and especially the Liquid Metal.
Took me whole day though and the battery was disconnected all that time. I also holded the power button more then a minute to drain the remaining power before
i started. Once finished,started testing and the Boot Gurad was kicking in every time.Spent the rest of the night disabling mostly security features in the
BIOS to see if it would make any difference with no luck. Every time after restart the voltage features in Throttlestop are greyed out and
the Overclocking Lock is disabled.
Onliest refference that confirmed my suspicions i found in old post here in this forum but for some reason i can only see the response from
that user if the page is cached.I took a screenshot of the response also(see attached file).
This is the original link: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...p-features
Cached link(response is somewhere in the middle): webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZZQBq_iz5T8J:https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-REQUEST-10750H-Asus-G712LWS-314-bios-unlock-xmp-features+&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
(copy and paste the link.had to remove the https... part otherwise it wouldn't show the whole link)

I can enable the Overclocking Feature(it's actually already enabled),i'm just not sure that if i change anything there will remain after reboot.
I didn't try it yet as i have to do some reading first,to know how much i can offset the core cache(i assume) safely.
Will let you know on that part in a later day.
Spending the entire day repasting and then literally whole night trying to disable somehow that Boot Guard,i can't even think straight right now.

@genius239 let me know please,the minute you figure something out about that Boot Guard.
Right now ASUS and Intel are the least favorite companies to me. I'm very disappointed.

Cheers!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
@d_tx

1. The old method I told you is disable Overclocking Feature ,not enable it. So ,after you did any tweaks under oc menus you have to disable Overclocking Feature then the oc menus will be hidden again.

2. The main reason of Throttlestop got invalid was option "Overclocking Lock" will be enabled automatically at per re-boot/shut down ,so you need redo disable "Overclocking Lock" every time. This situation is start from 2020 year ,so i can't confirm if it related with Bios guard. And it didin't occured in all ASUS machines.

3. Intel didn't want to user to undervolt cpu because it has a safe issues ,i forget the exact name of this safe bug ,i only remember it was fixed by once microcode updated then undervolt be blocked. But later people found out disable CFG Lock and Overclocking Lock can do undervolt again.

At least ASUS gave you -80mv cpu undervolt. Big Grin

4. I thought it almost impossible to disable Bios guard by normal person. At lease i can't do it.

find
@genius239 i'm having hard time understanding what you mean by "DISABLE Overclocking Feature".
Can you make it more clear please. If i disable it in BIOS is that will give me any benefit in Throttlestop?
Or if i have to guess here,you meant to enable it first to show the options,do the tweaking that i want there and then disable it again.
Please be more clear on that part,ot point me to the post where whoever discovered this so called "old method" explaining it.
Thank you!!!
find
@d_tx

Ok~i explain it again.
1. Go into Advance >> OverClocking Performance Menu ,you can see the option "OverClocking Feature" ,enable it then the complete oc menus will appear. But i've mentioned someone found out if we disable it , "Overclocking Lock" will not automatically enabled per re-boot/shut down. But if you didn't enable it you can't see the oc menus.

Because of the "Overclocking Lock" would automatically enabled per re-boot or shut down , then Throttlestop will invalid again, so you can only see the settings were greyed out on the Throttlestop.

2. Why do i said it's an old method ? because it' not applicable in current bios.

3. I know it's very annoying ,but you have to disable "Overclocking Lock" again per re-boot or shut down to activate Throttlestop.

find