Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Unlocked BIOS for Gigabyte H51...
Last Post: IsHacker
Today 05:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
Usunięcie białej listy biosu - Lenovo G7...
Last Post: Mireknej
Today 05:20 AM
» Views: 40
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Crazy tech
Yesterday 09:51 PM
» Replies: 78
» Views: 42849
Analyze java class System Identifier cod...
Last Post: Hasan jeet
Yesterday 03:44 PM
» Views: 71
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: sscdimon
Yesterday 01:53 PM
» Replies: 471
» Views: 132889
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: cpih
Yesterday 12:03 PM
» Replies: 846
» Views: 328958
Delete Whitelist HP 15s-eq1000
Last Post: gdefareins
Yesterday 09:02 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 171
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y470 & Y570 (47CNxxWW) ...
Last Post: jabbari74
Yesterday 03:37 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 18192
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad T420 (83ETxxWW...
Last Post: lucasow
Yesterday 03:02 AM
» Replies: 315
» Views: 194549
[REQUEST] Asus PRIME B460M-A modding bio...
Last Post: hnoimahi
04-27-2024 08:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-27-2024 05:34 AM
» Replies: 809
» Views: 247182
[REQUEST] Asus maximus X Code "fan profi...
Last Post: appletechgeek
04-27-2024 12:12 AM
» Views: 246
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
04-26-2024 04:27 PM
» Replies: 57
» Views: 25905
[REQUEST] Lenovo V580(c) (H1ETxxWW) Whit...
04-26-2024 04:26 PM
» Replies: 588
» Views: 148427
[REQUEST] GL504GS BIOS unlock
Last Post: pl4gue
04-26-2024 12:19 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 59509
[REQUEST] Thinkpad T14S G3 AMD (Type 21C...
04-26-2024 04:37 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 174
[REQUEST] Lenovo B490 (H1ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: sardax
04-25-2024 10:03 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 32135
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E1-571(G) BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 04:44 PM
» Replies: 127
» Views: 58561
Acer Predator Helios 300 N17C1 G3-572-79...
Last Post: chadreuel
04-25-2024 11:39 AM
» Views: 181
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
04-25-2024 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 939

Vaio VGN-AR840e - Phoenix R2090J8 - 02/26/2008
you should only insert the 2GB usb in your notebook , run crisis.exe then it will format the usb and copy MINIDOS.SYS , PHLASH.EXE and BIOS.WPH ( copy bios.wph if it`s not copied )

then make sure only 3 files are found inside the USB flash drive.

shut down your notebook , remove battery and AC , hold FN and B while connecting the AC , press power button , keep holding FN and B , then you should find the USB LED turning on and off , in this case leave the FN and B buttons , you should see the USB flashing for about 5 to 10 minutes ( if the USB LED turned on and of for a while then stopped , the usb won`t flash the bios because of wrong phlash.exe version or wrong key combination )..............then the flash should continue for about 10 minutes ( during this 10 minutes you should see the USB LED turning on and off )............and the notebook would restart automatically after flashing .

NOTE THAT THE SCREEN WILL BE BLANK DURING ALL THIS PROCESS AND THE ONLY WAY TO KNEW IF THE BIOS IS BEING FLASHED IS THAT YOU SHOULD SEE THE USB LED TURNING ON AND OFF.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
Screen from starting Phoenix Crisis Application.

WHICH ONE DO I USE? There are no instructions.
Options at Top of Screen:

Writing on Floppy
File Extraction
Image File

WHAT LOCATION SHOULD BE INSERTED FOR THE FILE EXTRACTION OPTION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SCREEN FOR?

WHAT LOCATION SHOULD BE INSERTED FOR WRITING IMAGE FILE OPTION TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN- AN EXISTING FILE OR TO WRITE A NEW FILE?
find
here is the crisis disk with your modified bios.wph and bios.rom files .

.rar   Phoenix_Crisys_Disk.rar (Size: 1.61 MB / Downloads: 66)

i don`t knew the right phlash.exe version for your notebook , so the tool will automatically format the drive , copy MINIDOS.SYS , PHLASH16.EXE , BIOS.WPH to the USB drive .
then follow the last steps ( in my last post ) and if the bios didn`t flash , just replace the phlash16.exe with another version ( you will find in the attachment all phlash.exe version , the tool would automatically copy the named phlash16.exe so , if this version didn`t work just rename phlash1A.exe to phlash16.exe then the tool would copy it )

here is a pic for the wincris.exe tool , you have only to click start then it will do it automatically .

[Image: Untitled%20%283%29.png]

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
Tried this method with both Function and B Keys, as well as with Windows and B Keys. No luck either way. USB Flash Drive not recognized. I held both combinations of keys for nearly 10 minutes each attempt. At no time did USB flash drive light up. I suspect that is because the existing BIOS as modded by your prior efforts, does not have a setting to ENABLE External Devices.

UPDATE: Gone through all of the PHLASH installers. NO DIFFERENCE. Computer does not read USB Flash Drive while going through Boot Up process. Can read it fine after booting into either Windows 7 Ultimate 64 or Ultimate Linux 2.9 64 bit OS.

AHMED:

HOW ABOUT CREATING AN ISO IMAGE OF THE FLASH DRIVE AND THEN BURNING THE ISO IMAGE TO A CD-ROM. The BIOS did show that it could boot from either an Internal Optical Drive or an Internal Hard Drive. Your Thoughts???????
find
HI RICHARD ,

this a link for ISO for a dos bootable CD .
http://www.mediafire.com/?bc90n18uwbiva65
just insert the flash utility and the BIOS.WPH file inside it and boot from cd .
then flash the bios .

THANKS FOR KIZWAN WHO GAVE ME THE LINK TO THIS CD Smile

i will be away for about 4 or 5 days from tomorrow , so try this method and i will reply to your posts tomorrow or after i`m back again Smile

find
(07-26-2011, 07:20 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: HI RICHARD ,

this a link for ISO for a dos bootable CD .
http://www.mediafire.com/?bc90n18uwbiva65
just insert the flash utility and the BIOS.WPH file inside it and boot from cd .
then flash the bios .

THANKS FOR KIZWAN WHO GAVE ME THE LINK TO THIS CD Smile

i will be away for about 4 or 5 days from tomorrow , so try this method and i will reply to your posts tomorrow or after i`m back again Smile
Ahmed - Good to hear from you. Thought perhaps you had given up on me and my Vaio.

I have opened the ISO up with MagicISO, copied BIOS.WPH, and PHLASH16.exe into the directory, then saved as a new ISO named dosbootphlash.iso.
Reboot with CD in drive, boots up to 3 options, Start with CD-Rom Drivers, Start without CD-Rom Drivers, Help File. Tried all 3, and computer only finds Drive A, which is the CD. It does not read any hard drives or other drives.

Problem - Only lists Win98Dos files from Boot.IMG file, not PHLASH16.exe or BIOS.WPH. I will keep trying. Do I have to modify the autoexec.bat file within the Boot.IMG file? Not sure. I will try.
find
When boot with "Start with CD-Rom Drivers", at the end of the verbose message, it should tell you the drive letter the CD-ROM drive is assigned to. Usually D:

Another alternative is modify the ISO boot file. UltraISO able to dump the boot file from the ISO. You can open the boot file using UltraISO. Put the BIOS image & BIOS flash utility in it. Save the boot file & using UltraISO, load the new boot file to the ISO.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
(07-26-2011, 09:19 PM)kizwan Wrote: When boot with "Start with CD-Rom Drivers", at the end of the verbose message, it should tell you the drive letter the CD-ROM drive is assigned to. Usually D:

Another alternative is modify the ISO boot file. UltraISO able to dump the boot file from the ISO. You can open the boot file using UltraISO. Put the BIOS image & BIOS flash utility in it. Save the boot file & using UltraISO, load the new boot file to the ISO.

Hello Kizwan, and thanks for your thoughts. I have burnt about 10 cds already in Ultimate Linux trying to do this. Inside the boot file is an IMG file. The IMG file is located within [BOOT] inside the ISO file. All of the WIN98DOS files are located within the IMG file. It is there that I need to add the BIOS.WPH, PHLASH16.EXE and probably just rename the Autoexec.bat to RUNPHLASH.BAT.

I have extracted and renamed the IMG file to ISO, and the inserted the BIOS.WPH file inside and saved the modded ISO file, and renamed it to an IMG file. Then added the IMG file within the [BOOT] directory inside the dosboot.iso file you had shared with Ahmed. NO MATTER WHAT I DO, NO GO.

Please advise if you can help. I am attaching my BIOS.WPH file to help you help me (PLEASE). I would prefer if you could tell me step by step how to do this. I have been to far too many websites trying to learn workarounds these past few days, and they are all starting to look alike. Unfortunately, Ahmed had inadvertently disabled the External Device Option for USB booting. Would appreciate your knowledge as well, as I hope that through CD-Rom, this can be fixed with the latest ROM (WPH) file.to my USB External Devices being inadvertantly disabled by Ahmed in his prior mod. he

Attached Files
.zip   BIOS.WPH.zip (Size: 616.08 KB / Downloads: 5)
find
I will try to help you. First, please answer these questions:-
1) When boot with "Start with CD-Rom Drivers", can you cd to D:?
2) Can you boot with "Start with CD-Rom Drivers", wait it to finish loading & take a picture of the screen? If you can, post the picture here.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
(07-26-2011, 10:51 PM)kizwan Wrote: I will try to help you. First, please answer these questions:-
1) When boot with "Start with CD-Rom Drivers", can you cd to D:?

NO, only the A: prompt.

Quote:2) Can you boot with "Start with CD-Rom Drivers", wait it to finish loading & take a picture of the screen? If you can, post the picture here.

JUST A BLACK DOS SCREEN WITH THE A: prompt.
Do you want a picture of a black dos screen???

What software do you use to add the BIOS.WPH and the PLASH16.EXE to the ISO with the embedded IMG file (containing the Win98DOS files)???

UPDATE - Opened CD-Rom successfully, with DOS black screen with two (2) bios files and PLASH16.EXE. However, get the following message from dosbootdisk.isp

Richard
find