Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108029
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14359
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425647
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227588
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119717
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

A message to donovan6000 regarding RSA Signed bios'
#1
In August, I requested the modification of my HP Envy 4 F.25 bios but received no response. So I asked for someone to show me how to mod my bios myself. I received a reply from you Donovan, this is what you said...


(08-28-2014, 03:25 AM)donovan6000 Wrote:
(08-27-2014, 07:02 AM)SEIKT Wrote: Anyone? If you can instruct me how to do it myself, I'll do it myself.

A lot of people start here. However a lot of people also give up there...

So I followed your tutorial and attempted to learn how to modify my bios. I now know how to unlock the advanced/power tabs in my bios. This is what I did.... I located the tab addresses of my bios tabs.

Code:
Viewable tabs:

0x18009813F = Tab address = 180098130 = Main (0x4 from string package 0x0)
0x180097D8F = Tab address = 180097D80 = Security (0x3C from string package 0x0)
0x180089E4F = Tab address = 180089E40 = System Configuration (0x62 from string package 0x0)
0x180097B7F = Tab address = 180097B70 = Exit (0x184 from string package 0x0)

Hidden tabs:

0x18008E78F = Tab address = 18008E780 = Advanced (0x1D7 from string package 0x0)
0x18008BE0F = Tab address = 18008BE00 = Power (0x411 from string package 0x0)
0x180097C4F = Tab address = 180097C40 = Diagnostics (0x48 from string package 0x0)
0x1800978BF = Tab address = 1800978B0 = Main (0xFE from string package 0x0)
0x18008D7CF = Tab address = 18008D7C0 = Security (0x12E from string package 0x0)

I have replaced the tab address of the security tab with the tab address of the advanced tab.

Code:
.text:000000018000153C mov r11, rsp
.text:000000018000153F mov [r11+18h], rbx
.text:0000000180001543 push rbp
.text:0000000180001544 push rsi
.text:0000000180001545 push rdi
.text:0000000180001546 sub rsp, 100h
.text:000000018000154D lea rcx, unk_18001EBC0
.text:0000000180001554 lea rax, aHilShgHnl@hlSx ; "HëL$\bSHâý HìL$@Hï+ÞÕU"
.text:000000018000155B xor esi, esi
.text:000000018000155D mov [rsp+110h+var_F0], rax
.text:0000000180001562 mov [rsp+110h+var_E0], rcx
.text:0000000180001567 mov [rsp+110h+var_C8], rcx
.text:000000018000156C mov [rsp+110h+var_B0], rcx
.text:0000000180001571 mov [rsp+110h+var_98], rcx
.text:0000000180001576 lea rax, unk_180097B70
.text:000000018000157D mov [rsp+110h+var_E8], rax
.text:0000000180001582 lea rax, aHilShgHnl@hlSY ; "HëL$\bSHâý HìL$@Hï+Þ+Y"
.text:0000000180001589 lea rbp, [rsp+28h]
.text:000000018000158E mov [rsp+110h+var_D8], rax
.text:0000000180001593 lea rax, unk_180089E40
.text:000000018000159A mov [rsp+110h+var_D0], rax
.text:000000018000159F lea rax, loc_180006B50
.text:00000001800015A6 mov [rsp+110h+var_C0], rax
.text:00000001800015AB lea rax, unk_18008BE00
.text:00000001800015B2 mov [rsp+110h+var_B8], rax
.text:00000001800015B7 lea rax, loc_18000684C
.text:00000001800015BE mov [rsp+110h+var_A8], rax
.text:00000001800015C3 lea rax, unk_180097C40
.text:00000001800015CA mov [rsp+110h+var_A0], rax
.text:00000001800015CF lea rax, aHilShgHnl@hlSm ; "HëL$\bSHâý HìL$@Hï+Þmè"
.text:00000001800015D6 mov [r11-88h], rcx
.text:00000001800015DD mov [r11-98h], rax
.text:00000001800015E4 lea rax, unk_18008D7C0
.text:00000001800015EB mov [r11-70h], rcx
.text:00000001800015EF mov [r11-90h], rax
.text:00000001800015F6 lea rax, loc_1800047B4
.text:00000001800015FD mov [r11-58h], rcx
.text:0000000180001601 mov [r11-80h], rax
.text:0000000180001605 lea rax, unk_18008E780
.text:000000018000160C mov [r11-40h], rcx
.text:0000000180001610 mov [r11-78h], rax
.text:0000000180001614 lea rax, aHilShgHnl@hlS9 ; "HëL$\bSHâý HìL$@Hï+Þ9×"
.text:000000018000161B mov [r11-28h], rcx
.text:000000018000161F mov [r11-68h], rax
.text:0000000180001623 lea rax, unk_1800978B0
.text:000000018000162A mov [r11-60h], rax
.text:000000018000162E lea rax, aHilShgHgd@ ; "HëL$\bSHâý Hâd$@"
.text:0000000180001635 mov [r11-50h], rax
.text:0000000180001639 lea rax, unk_18008E780
.text:0000000180001640 mov [r11-48h], rax
.text:0000000180001644 lea rax, aHilShgHgd@_0 ; "HëL$\bSHâý Hâd$@"
.text:000000018000164B mov [r11-38h], rax
.text:000000018000164F lea rax, unk_180098130
.text:0000000180001656 mov [r11-30h], rax

This is where I need your assistance again. I've yet to flash my modified bios because it's RSA signed and a modification to the bios will cause a brick. According to the internet, you are the only person who knows how to modify RSA signed bios'. As you can see, I have put in effort to learn how to modify my bios with zero knowledge. If you can advise me how to bypass the start-up check so I can flash my modified bios, I will be extremely grateful.

Once I'm able to flash my modified bios, I'll experiment with strings to see whether or not I can display hidden tabs without having to replace tabs.

[Image: 8TRoAvW.png]
find
quote
#2
Unfortunately I don't know how to bypass all the start-up checks yet. Here's what my ressearch has shown. When the bios is flashed via Insyde's flash tool, the PEI is verified and just that part won't be flashed if it has been modified. Everytime the computer starts up, the PEI verifies the DXE and it will halt the boot process if it has been modified. I haven't been able to confirm the existsence of any other start-up checks, however there could be more.
find
quote
#3
Ah, so you still haven't been able to crack the Da Vinci code? Bummer. Wish i could be of assistance, but I know jack Ship. Guess it's only a matter of time before you solve it. Wish you luck.
find
quote
#4
Well i got hp pavilion 1303au.But i want to change the splash screen of my laptop.But got no success til now can you please provide me a modded bios so that i can flash it.
find
quote
#5
Use this tool run It as Admin and upload here the result file :

http://rghost.net/658W4s2SF

http://rghost.net/53128665

Use AIDA64 tool too (cracked version to get FULL REPORT) and upload a Report too

let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)