Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3623
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 309
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224570
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 411
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309737
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

AMI BIOS update image (Assistance)
#21
It says in the procedure that I need to have a flash utility. So that means that we need to place AFUDOS in our flash drive, right? I'm very sorry for these questions.
find
quote
#22
I sent you like to that already, and you downloaded it and used it to get the backup. Open command prompt at that same location and run command I gave you on the previous page. No flash drive needed, forgot about all that now, you are using another method. Unless you want to flash from DOS, if so then yes you need AFUDOS on the USB and the BIOS file, then at prompt run the command I gave you (except change AFU to whatever .exe file you are using for AFUDOS)
find
quote
#23
Yeah right. I just realized it. I was flashing it through the current AMI utility that you found. Then it came back with an error. I attached the screenshot


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#24
Did you enter /ncb flag? If yes, don't put that. Only use /p /b /k

If you did that, and got that error above, try only with /p and /k

If you still get error, go ahead and boot to DOS and use the full line of switches again >> /p /b /k
Go ahead and do that now/anyway, I see this error "Erasing Flash0xxxxx" is a stability problem. So do from DOS so system is most stable
find
quote
#25
I have also thought of that. I used the AFUDOS.exe provided by the BIOS Update page here. Tried the line from the page and from you. None of them worked. But when I ran the code from the BIOS Update page, no error was given. Command line just comes back waiting for me to input command again like nothing happened.
find
quote
#26
Hey. I saw this program of AMI. Can we use this? Or it only has the same effect as the command line? I'm not quite sure of the settings as the other commands are not available on the ticking boxes.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#27
You have to use AFUDOS in package I linked you to, not all are the same/for all BIOS types etc, the one that contained the AFU you created the backup BIOS.bin with, use DOS one from that package. I am new here, so sorry I do not know what thread/guide you are talking about, but I assume it's a general update BIOS guide, so may not apply to your board/BIOS. I know for sure that not all AFU versions are compatible with all BIOS, that is why I linked you to a specific AFU download package.

Your image is AFUWin, it's best to do from DOS. Please try DOS again, using the AFUDOS from the package I linked you to before, and use the /p /b /k switches.
find
quote
#28
I'm sorry. I did what you said. It returned nothing again but the error of can't erase flash.
find
quote
#29
OK, see PM I sent you, try again once with each of those in DOS, but this time add /GAN at end of command, so /p /b /k /GAN (May need to be just /GAN alone, sorry I cannot remember for sure)

If none of that works, go back to the package I initially sent you link for, run AFUWinGUIx64, that is the one you asked about in the image above at post #26.

Also, look on the motherboard itself, and see if you see any two-pin jumpers labeled FD, FDO, MM, Service mode or anything like that. Maybe there is jumper needed enabled to update BIOS on this board?
find
quote
#30
Hey man! It updated from the AFUWinx64 GUI. At first I ticked all the box that corresponds to the command strings and did not worked. Then I only ticked The boot main bios image and do nothing on the side column which updated it. You're very good man! I am very delighted right now. Now I want to learn to mod these BIOS's. Consider yourself of a high rating! I'll just now move to my next phase, overclocking. Hahahah. I really don't know much at this technicalities and also on BIOS but thanks to you! I'll now venture to overclocking!


Might I as well add that I saw a jumper that was labeled BIOS_WP.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)