Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Acer AN515-46 3070ti BIOS Modding Reques...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14007
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424482
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 313
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224589
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 415
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61969
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169348
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 831

AMI BIOS update image (Assistance)
#41
After you increase CPU FSB so much, you will eventually need to increase CPU vcore voltage. Test for stability after increasing FSB a bit at a time, then when it gets unstable you know you need more voltage. Keep an eye on memory speed too, it will increase as you raise FSB and may either need adjusted down to next speed down, or increase it's voltage a little too.
find
quote
#42
Hey. I've got my CPU on 2.81 GHz now and my RAM at 3.2 GHz. I think I have said that I can also adjust the voltages but I cannot, I got confused earlier. Sorry. Though the pc boots, I've got this message at POST that says:


"A 200MHz system bus processor is installed. This processor is not supported on this system board, and will run at reduced processor clock speed. System performance will be impacted."

It shows also at the post Speed of 3.20GHz but windows reads only 2.81. Does it mean that if the BIOS is modded to accommodate the CPU beyond speeds of around 2.7 GHz overclock can be executed well?
find
quote
#43
Your CPU is 800 FSB, correct, isn't that what it was at before you changed, if not what was it? I'll look into that and see.

3.2 at post, but slower in windows means Speedstep, EIST, or C1E is enabled, and or maybe windows power scheme is not set to high performance with CPU min/Max at highest setting (Check that in control panel). You are checking this with CPU-z correct? If not, use that only, windows based things like "Computer properties" will always/often show installed CPU default speed, or when windows installed speed, ect often wrong. CPU-z is the thing to verify actual speed.
find
quote
#44
(09-14-2018, 02:26 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Your CPU is 800 FSB, correct, isn't that what it was at before you changed, if not what was it?  I'll look into that and see.

3.2 at post, but slower in windows means Speedstep, EIST, or C1E is enabled, and or maybe windows power scheme is not set to high performance with CPU min/Max at highest setting (Check that in control panel).  You are checking this with CPU-z correct?  If not, use that only, windows based things like "Computer properties" will always/often show installed CPU default speed, or when windows installed speed, ect often wrong.  CPU-z is the thing to verify actual speed.


Sorry for taking so long. I had problems with my os after some w10 updates. It's fine now. Now I'm on a default bios setting. I checked with cpu-z and I'm on 800 FSB. 

I'll try your suggestions at BIOS and get back here.
find
quote
#45
No need for quick replies, it's OK!
find
quote
#46
Brick 
Clocked it to 2.77 GHz but this is what cpu-z gives me: 

Clock speed of 1.3 GHz.

   

*I have disabled the things you have said
find
quote
#47
(09-18-2018, 01:36 AM)internetexplorer Wrote: Clocked it to 2.77 GHz but this is what cpu-z gives me: 

Clock speed of 1.3 GHz.
Show a screenshot of HWMonitor with full CPU load.
find
quote
#48
One of those things is enabled still, or windows power plan (in control panel, power) is set to power-save mode
find
quote
#49
Here's HWMonitor. I did it with the stress cpu option of cpu-z. Is that good? 
   



*All of those were disabled in the bios and I have power management on High performance and the processor option both min. and max. at 100%. Also tried min:98 max:99, no change.
find
quote
#50
This BIOS improperly initialises 45-nm CPU.
Make new thread in CPU Support Upgrades section with a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z and attached unmodded dump of BIOS.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)