Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108095
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14373
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 252
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425694
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 541
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 728
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227778
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119728
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 629
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310654
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

ASUS A8JS VGA upgrade Go7700 -> GF9650M GT (1GB) (and other VGA cards)
#31
(11-10-2010, 03:40 AM)ludeksls Wrote: I also looked on ebay and found this card: http://cgi.ebay.com/Asus-M50-N80-9650M-G...230b750358
but this one is extremely expensive. Nearly 300 USD (including pastage), no right to return and only 30 days of warranty. The new one from ASUS costs 140 € (including postage) and has 14 days right to return and two years warranty. Yeah I love EU directive to protect customers. Smile

Hello All,
We are new to these forums and based on the rules and regulations, hopefully our post is allowable. We are a seller on ebay and are looking to work closely with end users in terms of bios mods, prices and warranty concerns before posting an item for sale. We are about the list an M50 9650M GT on line and a 9500M GS (amongst others) and wanted to get some feedback as to it's fair value. We like working with customers and offering products at prices that are affordable yet provide us enough margin to properly offer good warranty and technical support.
Straight off the bat, we're wondering if jommoner could provide some feedback as to how to actually modify a system bios to handle different cards. We're interested in trying these similar feat on the C90S,M50, G71 and G50 boards for the moment.

I wonder if the following post at notebook forums:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus/182...s-g2s.html

What our understanding is here, is that we need to modify the system bios to support the new cards whilst that thread seems to be only talking bout modifying the vbios for overclocking purposes etc.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Vectus LLC
find
quote
#32
The 9500m GS in my Asus M50sv died so I bought a 9650m. I have modded the bios swapping the module from M50v bios.
Now the laptop boot and the gpu it's recognised from win 7 but I have only a problem, the fan now work always at the max speed and it's really noisy. What can I do?
If somebody want to take a look here there are the bioses: http://www.mediafire.com/?mtuzzmnwoya
find
quote
#33
(11-25-2010, 08:20 AM)Tony2k Wrote: The 9500m GS in my Asus M50sv died so I bought a 9650m. I have modded the bios swapping the module from M50v bios.
Now the laptop boot and the gpu it's recognised from win 7 but I have only a problem, the fan now work always at the max speed and it's really noisy. What can I do?
If somebody want to take a look here there are the bioses: http://www.mediafire.com/?mtuzzmnwoya

HI!

I've the similar problem!!!

My laptop is an Asus M50vn with 9700m gt ddr3 (before was 9650m gt ddr2) and when I press the power button the fan run always at 100%...
I've a modded bios with a video rom from an Asus G50(which's the only that mount a 9700m gt).

P.S. initially Gpuz recognized my motherboard as an M50vn, and after, with the modded bios, Gpuz recognizes my motherboard as a "generic" M50V...! Could be an interesting info for you?

I hope that someone can help me!
find
quote
#34
Hey Jommoner......how goes it with the bios mod? Big Grin. Hope all is well.
find
quote
#35
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with a modded bios for my F8VA-B1 notebook. I recently acquired a 9700m GT for it. And my notebook won't boot up now. Is there a way to mod the Bios for this notebook?
find
quote
#36
(12-20-2010, 06:55 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote: Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with a modded bios for my F8VA-B1 notebook. I recently acquired a 9700m GT for it. And my notebook won't boot up now. Is there a way to mod the Bios for this notebook?

What's the problem? Black screen? Do you believe that tha laptop start but you can't see anything?
find
quote
#37
(12-21-2010, 03:15 AM)mrzenith Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 06:55 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote: Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with a modded bios for my F8VA-B1 notebook. I recently acquired a 9700m GT for it. And my notebook won't boot up now. Is there a way to mod the Bios for this notebook?

What's the problem? Black screen? Do you believe that tha laptop start but you can't see anything?

The laptop powers on but I get a black screen.
find
quote
#38
(12-21-2010, 02:38 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 03:15 AM)mrzenith Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 06:55 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote: Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with a modded bios for my F8VA-B1 notebook. I recently acquired a 9700m GT for it. And my notebook won't boot up now. Is there a way to mod the Bios for this notebook?

What's the problem? Black screen? Do you believe that tha laptop start but you can't see anything?

The laptop powers on but I get a black screen.

ok, I examined the latest bios for Asus F8VA (F8VaAS.209) it only support two Ati cards and one Nvidia (8600m gt)...
You need to mod the bios by inserting a 9700m gt vga rom into it, sacrificing one vga support (for space problem)...I think that is ok deleting 8600m, ok?
If u wont I can you give a modded bios, but if you desire to mod your bios personally I can you explain the procedure...
I hope to be you of help.
Excuse me for my bad english.Angel
find
quote
#39
(12-21-2010, 06:18 PM)mrzenith Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 02:38 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 03:15 AM)mrzenith Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 06:55 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote: Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with a modded bios for my F8VA-B1 notebook. I recently acquired a 9700m GT for it. And my notebook won't boot up now. Is there a way to mod the Bios for this notebook?

What's the problem? Black screen? Do you believe that tha laptop start but you can't see anything?

The laptop powers on but I get a black screen.

ok, I examined the latest bios for Asus F8VA (F8VaAS.209) it only support two Ati cards and one Nvidia (8600m gt)...
You need to mod the bios by inserting a 9700m gt vga rom into it, sacrificing one vga support (for space problem)...I think that is ok deleting 8600m, ok?
If u wont I can you give a modded bios, but if you desire to mod your bios personally I can you explain the procedure...
I hope to be you of help.
Excuse me for my bad english.Angel

I'm not sure how to mod the BIOS. If you could mod it for me I would appreciate it. But It would be nice to know how to do it as well.
find
quote
#40
(12-21-2010, 07:01 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 06:18 PM)mrzenith Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 02:38 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 03:15 AM)mrzenith Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 06:55 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote: Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with a modded bios for my F8VA-B1 notebook. I recently acquired a 9700m GT for it. And my notebook won't boot up now. Is there a way to mod the Bios for this notebook?

What's the problem? Black screen? Do you believe that tha laptop start but you can't see anything?

The laptop powers on but I get a black screen.

ok, I examined the latest bios for Asus F8VA (F8VaAS.209) it only support two Ati cards and one Nvidia (8600m gt)...
You need to mod the bios by inserting a 9700m gt vga rom into it, sacrificing one vga support (for space problem)...I think that is ok deleting 8600m, ok?
If u wont I can you give a modded bios, but if you desire to mod your bios personally I can you explain the procedure...
I hope to be you of help.
Excuse me for my bad english.Angel

I'm not sure how to mod the BIOS. If you could mod it for me I would appreciate it. But It would be nice to know how to do it as well.

Ok I figured out how to get the VGA rom extracted and replaced Nvidia Device Id was 10DE:064A for 9700m GT vga.rom.

My laptop now boots, and I am able to load windows, but now I cant get the device drivers to install.
Any help?
(12-21-2010, 08:05 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 07:01 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 06:18 PM)mrzenith Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 02:38 PM)SpadesRtrump Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 03:15 AM)mrzenith Wrote: What's the problem? Black screen? Do you believe that tha laptop start but you can't see anything?

The laptop powers on but I get a black screen.

ok, I examined the latest bios for Asus F8VA (F8VaAS.209) it only support two Ati cards and one Nvidia (8600m gt)...
You need to mod the bios by inserting a 9700m gt vga rom into it, sacrificing one vga support (for space problem)...I think that is ok deleting 8600m, ok?
If u wont I can you give a modded bios, but if you desire to mod your bios personally I can you explain the procedure...
I hope to be you of help.
Excuse me for my bad english.Angel

I'm not sure how to mod the BIOS. If you could mod it for me I would appreciate it. But It would be nice to know how to do it as well.

Ok I figured out how to get the VGA rom extracted and replaced Nvidia Device Id was 10DE:064A for 9700m GT vga.rom.

My laptop now boots, and I am able to load windows, but now I cant get the device drivers to install.
Any help?

Hmmm, did i just fry my notebooks power supply?
Now it wont boot at all, with either my ati 3650 or the 9700m gt.
Guess I'll have to send it for warranty... what a bummer man, right after I got the darn thing to boot with the 9700m.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)