Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425680
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227762
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310646
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

ASUS G71Gx - Enable RAID option in BIOS
#1
Hey experts,

is it possible to enable the RAID mode of the ICH10R on my ASUS G71Gx? There is no option for RAID in BIOS, only IDE and AHCI. I already tried to insert the newest option ROM available (10.0.0.1046) into the BIOS, but it didn't load (I guess that RAID needs to be selected in the BIOS, which is not available). Attached are the G71Gx BIOS and the Intel Option ROM.

Thanks in advance,

fbrozovic


Attached Files
.zip   G71GX-ASUS-1704.zip (Size: 722.03 KB / Downloads: 8)
.zip   Intel_Rapid_Storage_Technology_Option_ROM_v10.0.0.1046.zip (Size: 49.31 KB / Downloads: 12)
find
quote
#2
(07-06-2011, 11:56 AM)fbrozovic Wrote: Hey experts,

is it possible to enable the RAID mode of the ICH10R on my ASUS G71Gx? There is no option for RAID in BIOS, only IDE and AHCI. I already tried to insert the newest option ROM available (10.0.0.1046) into the BIOS, but it didn't load (I guess that RAID needs to be selected in the BIOS, which is not available). Attached are the G71Gx BIOS and the Intel Option ROM.

Thanks in advance,

fbrozovic

Test this one and tell us Wink


BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
(07-06-2011, 02:27 PM)camiloml Wrote:
(07-06-2011, 11:56 AM)fbrozovic Wrote: Hey experts,

is it possible to enable the RAID mode of the ICH10R on my ASUS G71Gx? There is no option for RAID in BIOS, only IDE and AHCI. I already tried to insert the newest option ROM available (10.0.0.1046) into the BIOS, but it didn't load (I guess that RAID needs to be selected in the BIOS, which is not available). Attached are the G71Gx BIOS and the Intel Option ROM.

Thanks in advance,

fbrozovic

Test this one and tell us Wink

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, there is still no 'RAID' item under 'SATA Operational Mode' and the option ROM doesn't load, however I am quite sure that this notebook has an ICH10R and not an ICH10 (without RAID) southbridge. I guess the only thing you did was to insert the option ROM with the 8086:3A25 ID, right?


find
quote
#4
(07-06-2011, 02:43 PM)fbrozovic Wrote:
(07-06-2011, 02:27 PM)camiloml Wrote:
(07-06-2011, 11:56 AM)fbrozovic Wrote: Hey experts,

is it possible to enable the RAID mode of the ICH10R on my ASUS G71Gx? There is no option for RAID in BIOS, only IDE and AHCI. I already tried to insert the newest option ROM available (10.0.0.1046) into the BIOS, but it didn't load (I guess that RAID needs to be selected in the BIOS, which is not available). Attached are the G71Gx BIOS and the Intel Option ROM.

Thanks in advance,

fbrozovic

Test this one and tell us Wink

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, there is still no 'RAID' item under 'SATA Operational Mode' and the option ROM doesn't load, however I am quite sure that this notebook has an ICH10R and not an ICH10 (without RAID) southbridge. I guess the only thing you did was to insert the option ROM with the 8086:3A25 ID, right?

Was my fault, i forgot to reinsert the module with the moded menu, try this one now.

.rom   g71gx-asus-1704_raid.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 20)

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
Still no RAID option in BIOS... may I ask what exactly you tried to change? I have the mode set to AHCI right now, and the PID is 3A22 (shows up in Device Manager as ICH10R AHCI Controller).

Thanks

fbrozovic
find
quote
#6
hmmm, are you sure you flashed the second file and not the first again? They are named the same. This time the module is patched and should exist RAID option between IDE and AHCI.

You can try this other mod if you want.


.rom   g71gx-asus-1704_raidv2.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 21)

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
Thanks! This works, at least partially: the RAID option is present now (and it works since Windows gives a BSOD on boot), but there is no option ROM showing up on boot, maybe the PID of it needs to be adjusted? And how did you insert the RAID option? I'm very curious since I didn't find anything about such BIOS mods online... Smile

find
quote
#8
Boot a linux live cd with the controller in raid mode and use lspci to see the pci deviceid of it.

Maybe the id is not 3A25 an that's why the option rom doesn't pop.

I modded the menu to use one more possible value for the sata config field and assigned the RAID string to that value.

Btw the lspci command to use in terminal is

lspci -s 00:1f.2 -xxnnsss

If i remember well

Theres one more value in the config sata field, we can try it if the one i have assigned is not working.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#9
All Intel ICH that I've seen don't use state 11 Wink so 01 should be correct. It's now up to the RAID manager.
find
quote
#10
Thanks, I will try as soon as I get home. What I would like to know is how I can do this particular mod myself if a new BIOS version is released or if I run into the same issue on another mainboard/laptop. It would be nice if you could make a small writeup/tutorial on how to do this.

Thanks
fbrozovic

EDIT -- It seems that selecting RAID in the BIOS does not enable RAID but IDE mode, as the Controller shows up as Standard 2-Channel IDE Controller (8086:3A20) in device manager and on a Ubuntu live cd... any other ideas? I would really like to get RAID to work on this thing... Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)