Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424129
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223728
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6736
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309494
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169139
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6260
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274946

ASUS P5E3 Deluxe BIOS 1502 RAID Request
#21
(11-11-2015, 12:41 AM)vvv104 Wrote: Hello!

I have P5E3 (not deluxe, not PRO) motherboard. Will this bios image work for it? If not, can I kindly ask you for the patch?

Thank you!

Dear vvv104,

This bios posted here from me is only for P5E3 Deluxe and P5E3 Deluxe/Wifi-AP@n.
Do not try to flash this bios on another motherboards.
P5E3 motherboard has different bios from the asus, this bios is not compatible with your motherboard.
The latest bios for you motherboard (P5E3) is version 1503 and can be downloaded from here
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5E3/H..._Download/

Do you have this version now?
What kind of problem you have with the v1503?

if v1503 doesn't solve your problems please let me know your OS version (Win7 64bit ?) and describe the problem.
if the problem is related with intel sata controller then
Also the driver version of the intel matrix driver you use now will be great (You sould have v8.9.0.1023).
And the OROM version of the controller. Can be view from intel matrix controller software at "view"-"system report"-"intel storage matrix manager".
it should be say something like: Option ROM version: 7.5.0.1017

i will see if i can help.

Note: I take no responsibility for any advise i offer through my posts. Use at your own risk.
find
quote
#22
(11-11-2015, 01:36 AM)lindianet Wrote:
(11-11-2015, 12:41 AM)vvv104 Wrote: Hello!

I have P5E3 (not deluxe, not PRO) motherboard. Will this bios image work for it? If not, can I kindly ask you for the patch?

Thank you!

Dear vvv104,

This bios posted here from me is only for P5E3 Deluxe and P5E3 Deluxe/Wifi-AP@n.
Do not try to flash this bios on another motherboards.
P5E3 motherboard has different bios from the asus, this bios is not compatible with your motherboard.
The latest bios for you motherboard (P5E3) is version 1503 and can be downloaded from here
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5E3/H..._Download/

Do you have this version now?
What kind of problem you have with the v1503?

if v1503 doesn't solve your problems please let me know your OS version (Win7 64bit ?) and describe the problem.
if the problem is related with intel sata controller then
Also the driver version of the intel matrix driver you use now will be great (You sould have v8.9.0.1023).
And the OROM version of the controller. Can be view from intel matrix controller software at "view"-"system report"-"intel storage matrix manager".
it should be say something like: Option ROM version: 7.5.0.1017

i will see if i can help.

Note: I take no responsibility for any advise i offer through my posts. Use at your own risk.

Dear lindianet,

Thanks for the answer. I have 1301 version of AMIBIOS from 01/22/09. I will try update it to the version you mentioned. I didn't do that because there's nothing written about SSD fix in release notes, but you are right, I had to try that first.

The problem I experiencing is for all the last version of Windows from 7 to 10, and I tried SSD's from different vendors as well - Intel and Kingston (with the latest firmware). For the Windows 7 it hangs on "finishing install" stage. Windows 8.1 (and 10) installs correctly but then after a few hours it bluescreened, and what most interesting, the disk disappeared from BIOS after reboot.

I set AHCI mode. In IDE mode it works even more "strange" - very slowly.

I will let you know about my progress with 1503 version of BIOS. Thanks again!
find
quote
#23
Dear vvv104,
V1503 will update your intel SATA Option ROM to a newer version from what you have and this may fix the issue.
Keep the AHCI mode, forget IDE mode in win10.
find
quote
#24
I have updated to 1503. The drive is still not detected (since the Windows bluescreened, something is corrupted on it). I resolve this problem usually switching the mode to IDE in BIOS, after that the drive is visible, then boot from DOS and clear MBR. After that I switch to AHCI back and drive is now detected, but I have to install Windows again Sad.
find
quote
#25
(11-12-2015, 01:18 AM)vvv104 Wrote: I have updated to 1503. The drive is still not detected (since the Windows bluescreened, something is corrupted on it). I resolve this problem usually switching the mode to IDE in BIOS, after that the drive is visible, then boot from DOS and clear MBR. After that I switch to AHCI back and drive is now detected, but I have to install Windows again Sad.

I will try later to make a v1503 bios for you with an updated OROM. You must have v8.9 and you will need at least v9.6. 
As your motherboard have same chipset and sata controller with the deluxe version, i believe that your controller will be able to support up to version 11 of the OROM. So the v11.2 that has the best performance with this chipset and controller i think will be the best combination.
find
quote
#26
lindianet, thank you much for your willingness to help!
find
quote
#27
(11-12-2015, 01:18 AM)vvv104 Wrote: I have updated to 1503. The drive is still not detected (since the Windows bluescreened, something is corrupted on it). I resolve this problem usually switching the mode to IDE in BIOS, after that the drive is visible, then boot from DOS and clear MBR. After that I switch to AHCI back and drive is now detected, but I have to install Windows again Sad.

Dear vvv104,
I have create bios files for the P5E3 motherboard. The bios v1503 is the latest bios for this motherboard.
So based on this bios i replace the SATA OROM to v10.1.0.1008. I am afraid because of BIOS limitation of maximum size 1MB is not possible to replace the OROM with higher version. this version is the maximum that this BIOS can fit. I hope it will work well, as support to SSD disks have been added at v9.6.0.1014.
So 10.1 is the next version of the first version that supported SSD and added TRIM support.

I have created and attached on this post 2 bios files:
1503-96.rom    => BIOS v1503 with Sata OROM v9.6.0.1014
1503-101.rom  => BIOS v1503 with Sata OROM v10.1.0.1008    (Suggested to update to this)

Note: i strongly suggest to delete the partition of the hard disk while installing windows or before the install and create a new partition at installation time.
Not just format of the existing partition. Click on advance and delete or use a dos - windows partition manager to delete the partition, do not create a new partition, let windows installation to create the partition.
Note: with "Partition delete" and "partition format" all the files on the hard disk will be deleted.

This bios files has not been tested. I take no responsibility if something goes wrong, use the files provided at your own risk.
Always update motherboard bios while the computer is connected to a UPS and always using the motherboard internal utility for bios update.
I take no responsibility for any advise i offer through my posts. Use at your own risk.

Note for other members of this forum: This bios files are not compatible with P5E3 Deluxe motherboard, do not try flash this bios to the Deluxe motherboard.
Use the bios 1502-112 that you can find on my previous posts ( https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...7#pid80917 ).


P5E3 motherboard BIOS

.rom   1503-96.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 29)


.rom   1503-101.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 77)
find
quote
#28
Dear lindianet,

Thank you for the images. I will try them today and let you know. You mentioned about "using the motherboard internal utility". I usually boot DOS and flash the bios with AFUDOS provided by ASUS. Isn't that safe? I can't recall the menu item in BIOS that possibly does the flash, anyway I'll check that out when get back to that PC.
find
quote
#29
(11-13-2015, 02:05 AM)vvv104 Wrote: Dear lindianet,

Thank you for the images. I will try them today and let you know. You mentioned about "using the motherboard internal utility". I usually boot DOS and flash the bios with AFUDOS provided by ASUS. Isn't that safe? I can't recall the menu item in BIOS that possibly does the flash, anyway I'll check that out when get back to that PC.

I mention this because of some incompatibilities flashing a newer bios with an old version of the dos program. if you have the dos version provided from asus to flash the v1503 then it is ok.
if that's the way you did the previous flashing to v1503, then it will work and for this images, the same way.
find
quote
#30
Dear lindianet,

I have successfully flashed my motherboard with 1503-101 and installed win10 (because I have only this version at this moment). I tried to check the version of OROM, but Intel Matrix Storage Management (the last one I found) doesn't support win10. How else would I see the version of OROM? By the way the system looks working. I'll run it intensively for a day to be sure it doesn't bluescreen.

Thanks a lot for your help!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)