Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 123
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 119
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 184
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222543
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118966
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6676
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309101
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61815
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 505
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20141
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168917
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6188
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 708
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5664
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60991
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274845
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 821
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24768

ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe & Conroe CPU
#1
Dear sorry to bother you,
   I tried with MM Tool 3.22 to modify the 702 Beta BIOS of Asus P5LD2 Deluxe to add micro code for Core2Duo.

I do have two problems:
1) Despite I add new micro-code without changing the CPU, I obtain the error "CPU micro update error";
2) In general the procedure to add micro code data seems to be buggy with the tool MM tool 3.22. If take BIOS, add the micro code update and save it I can obtain bios-mod1.rom, if I re-do the same exact procedure and save it again I have bios-mod2.rom. But then If I execute binary compare of the two files they are different. Is this normal?

Would you recommend to use a different tool to add micro code updates for AMI BIOS?


I'm linking the link to original file: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock...e/0705.zip
My resulting BIOS has only the added microcode for Core2Duo done via MM tool 3.22.

thanks and kind regards
Andrew


Attached Files
.zip   707.zip (Size: 628.05 KB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote
#2
1) Tell sSpec of your Core 2 Duo.
2) It's normal cause MMTool changes date&time in rom-file.
find
quote
#3
(11-11-2016, 01:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: 1) Tell sSpec of your Core 2 Duo.
2) It's normal cause MMTool changes date&time in rom-file.

Hi DeathBringer,
   current CPU is a Pentium d 820, so please if possible do not remove its CPU microcodes.

The target CPU is a Core 2 Duo E7400 or Xeon X3210, these are the sSpec:
Core 2 7400 -> SLB9Y
Xeon X3210  -> SLACU


Sorry just to understand, why I'm unable to do it by my own? With MM tool seems to be a pretty trivial task.

Thanks and kind regards
Andrew
find
quote
#4
Did you received "CPU micro update error" on modded BIOS and native CPU (Pentium D 820)?
find
quote
#5
Yes exaclty.

I just followed this guide:

http://www.delidded.com/how-to-update-cp...-ami-bios/

I added the 3 microdes for Core 2 7400 with MMtool 3.22 (see attached images), but when booting with the modded BIOS with the Old CPU I got the error"CPU micro code update error". Luckily I can go on F1 and boot normally, but I would rather prefer to have this fixed before mounting the new CPU Core 2 or the new Xeon. Do I have to use another tool? Over the internet I found the MMtool 3.26, is this more recent and perhaps working a little better?

Or in case how would you solve this problem? I feel dumb...

Thanks


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#6
Try to delete two first microcodes (with CPUID 0x06F0 & 0x06F1) and to add only one - cpu0001067a_plat00000011_ver00000a0b_date20100928.bin
find
quote
#7
Do you think it would be possible to remove the last two (positions 14-15 ) and add the microcode that you are suggesting? I would like to avoid that in case of problems of loading the first microcodes the motherboard will be bricked.

In your experience what happens if all microcodes are lost? The system should be able to POST in any case or would it better if I prepare to apply BIOS emergency recovery procedure?

Thanks
find
quote
#8
Better delete two first microcodes. Cause it for engineering sample processors only.
Try my mod. After flashing enter in BIOS and do Load Defaults.
In most cases system without microcodes can boot up but can't load operating system.
find
quote
#9
Hi,
  I still have to test it because it is used on a PC which is connected to a projector and my kids would kill me if they are unable to see their favorites movies during the weekend...

The question is: how you did it? If I use MM tool I can delete the first two CPU microcodes, but when I insert the new one it will be put at the bottom of the list not on a specific position. Which is the trick?!?

Thanks, Andrew
find
quote
#10
Trick is "extract & insert" many times.
Did you tested my mod?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)