Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108041
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9215
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14362
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425649
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227603
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119720
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310594
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

ASUS P6X58-E WS -> Marvell 88SE9128 -> ROM Update
#11
Xelnah
I tried the bios update from your file. It seems that the Marvel 1033 driver update failed. I think it should be 1032. It renders the hard drive with OS unable to load system files. I have screen shots but don't know how to send them to you. Please advise.
find
quote
#12
@zsyed

First of all the BIOS file doesn't contain any drivers, it contains ROM and firmware for the physical Marvell chip on the ASUS P6X58-E WS motherboard.
You can verify that the chip works by entering Marvell Config Utility during POST (before the OS loads) using Ctrl+I if i remember correctly.

My Win7 x64, works fine with both the 1.2.0.1027, and the newer 1.2.0.1032 drivers. I start in none RAID, (ACHI).

Are you running you OS in IDE, ACHI or RAID?
Have you tried booting your system from different SATA ports, like the any of the Intel SATA2 ports instead of the Marvell SATA3 port?
find
quote
#13
Thanks Xelna
The OS runs on a separate hard drive. The Ctrl + I is for Intel configuration, which is fine. Ctrl + M is for Marvel, where the issue is.
The question is, does the ROM you sent me contain Marvel version 1033 or 1032?
You other point: I will try to boot it up in Non-Raid mode today.

Maybe I am just echoing wrong voice. When I saw the System repair error that is as following:
Problem Signature 07: BadPatch
Locale ID: 1033.

This maybe something else, but I thought I run it by you.
find
quote
#14
Xelnah
You were absolutely right. I set the Bios to Non-Raid, and it started working. All seems to be running well. Thank you so much.
find
quote
#15
Hi, I just found this thread. Smile
Is there any possibility to modify it to support the RAID mode? That is really important to me as my PC is runing with RAID mode with several HDDs and I'm really interested of this firmware update for Marvell chip.

Equipments:
Fully Automatic Espresso coffee maker and a lot of coffee beans. - ASUS P6X58-E WS (motherboard)
find
quote
#16
I'd like to have that RAID support.
If anyone capable firmware hacker is willing to help with this one I'd be clad to send thanks via Paypal. Smile

Equipments:
Fully Automatic Espresso coffee maker and a lot of coffee beans. - ASUS P6X58-E WS (motherboard)
find
quote
#17
(12-14-2012, 01:33 PM)Xelnah Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 11:08 AM)zsyed Wrote: I am having the same problems with my P6X58-E WS. The Intel Storage Matrix Manager Options Rom currently v8.0.0.1038 ICH10R. Can someone help me with updating the Bios version 3.0.1. to include the Marvel (as above) and Intel Storage Matrix Manager Options Rom to include the latest version (either 8.9x or 11.7x)?

Hello!

The latest Intel ROM this motherboard supports is 8.9.0.1023.
I'll upload a BIOS rom with both Marvell and Intel for you!


Latest Marvell driver 1.2.0.1032 @ station-drivers:
http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm

Good luck!

Hello. I just updated my BIOS and SATA BIOS with your update. Will that enable the Marvell 9128 chipset to support 3TB hdd's?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)