Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227769
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

ASUS RAMPAGE III EXTREME BIOS - V1601 - Updated OROM MOD
#31
Javitux. our assistance is only as good as the information you provide.

What controller is your SATA plugged into?
What speed is your SSD capable of? (if its rated for 400mb/s and you are getting 392, i wont waste my time on that)

It sounds like you have your SSD connected to the Marvell controller. This is WRONG. SSD NEED to be PCIe or on INTEL controller with this board.

Best speed on this board with a single SSD drive will be to use: S18i MOD with SSD connected to INTEL SATA ports. Set INTEL SATA to AHCI mode and use driver 11.2.0.1006 DRIVER (NOT full RST Software) only.

As you have SSD and a SATA2 HDD, connect both to INTEL SATA ports. and DISABLE Marvell controller in BIOS.
find
quote
#32
(03-17-2016, 12:33 PM)pir8man Wrote: Javitux. our assistance is only as good as the information you provide.

What controller is your SATA plugged into?
What speed is your SSD capable of? (if its rated for 400mb/s and you are getting 392, i wont waste my time on that)

It sounds like you have your SSD connected to the Marvell controller. This is WRONG. SSD NEED to be PCIe or on INTEL controller with this board.

Best speed on this board with a single SSD drive will be to use: S18i MOD with SSD connected to INTEL SATA ports. Set INTEL SATA to AHCI mode and use driver 11.2.0.1006 DRIVER (NOT full RST Software) only.

As you have SSD and a SATA2 HDD, connect both to INTEL SATA ports. and DISABLE Marvell controller in BIOS.
Its actually conected to SATA 6G. This ssd is rate to get 520mbs on read almost. If I conect to SATA 2 will improve the speed over 392mbs?
And another question, thanks for your time

EDIT: Im idiot, sorry. I disabled SATA 6G controller from bios and enabled AHCI intel chipset. I move the SATA ssd cable to SATA 2 port and I will try to install only driver. I will tel us the results.
find
quote
#33
(03-17-2016, 01:15 PM)javitux Wrote: Its actually conected to SATA 6G. This ssd is rate to get 520mbs on read almost. If I conect to SATA 2 will improve the speed over 392mbs?
And another question, thanks for your time

EDIT: Im idiot, sorry. I disabled SATA 6G controller from bios and enabled AHCI intel chipset. I move the SATA ssd cable to SATA 2 port and I will try to install only driver. I will tel us the results.

Please read through Zio's original thread:  HERE

your questions are well discussed there.
find
quote
#34
@pir8man

Which bios do you recommend for my setup? I have two 840 Pros, and three Crucial C300's. I am no longer doing RAID0 on the ICH (so ich 11.2 is no longer needed), so each drive is a single drive in AHCI mode except I am using Windows stripe raid to stripe two of the C300's. I am using the Marvel SATA III ports for one eSATA drive and one SATA Optical drive. So the ICH ports all only have SSD's on them. I do not use the JMicron chip. However, I do use the Intel Ethernet, Marvel and on board sound chipset. I do NOT use the original on board USB 3.0 because it dies when I overclock, so I have a USB 3.0 PCIe card instead that just works.

I am running Windows 10 tech preview 14379 currently on the first 840 Pro (disk 0) and the second 840 Pro (disk 1) is for Steam games. Like I said two of the C300's are in Windows raid0 (D:/STORAGE = disk 2 and 3), and the third C300 (disk 4) will be dedicated to Ubuntu 16.04. That is a total of five SSD's on the ICH SATA II ports.

What bios should I been running for the best AHCI performance? Thank you!

Rod

P.S. I am using the Intel Xeon X5650 currently. Xeons are so nice on this board, lol.
find
quote
#35
(07-03-2016, 09:23 PM)SkOrPn Wrote: @pir8man

Which bios do you recommend for my setup? I have two 840 Pros, and three Crucial C300's. I am no longer doing RAID0 on the ICH (so ich 11.2 is no longer needed), so each drive is a single drive in AHCI mode except I am using Windows stripe raid to stripe two of the C300's. I am using the Marvel SATA III ports for one eSATA drive and one SATA Optical drive. So the ICH ports all only have SSD's on them. I do not use the JMicron chip. However, I do use the Intel Ethernet, Marvel and on board sound chipset. I do NOT use the original on board USB 3.0 because it dies when I overclock, so I have a USB 3.0 PCIe card instead that just works.

I am running Windows 10 tech preview 14379 currently on the first 840 Pro (disk 0) and the second 840 Pro (disk 1) is for Steam games. Like I said two of the C300's are in Windows raid0 (D:/STORAGE = disk 2 and 3), and the third C300 (disk 4) will be dedicated to Ubuntu 16.04. That is a total of five SSD's on the ICH SATA II ports.

What bios should I been running for the best AHCI performance? Thank you!

Rod

P.S. I am using the Intel Xeon X5650 currently. Xeons are so nice on this board, lol.

hi SkOrPn

I would recommend 1601_s18_slic_trim.rar from post #2.

it will have the lastest features for your ssd drives in AHCI mode. and have no loss of performance over the older OROM's.  You can disable the on-board USB3.0 or the jMicron controller to relieve any memory constraint.  Using on-board ROM ethernet, on-board ROM Marvell, and on-board ROM ICH will easily fit in the 1MB memory constraint. 

P.S.  if you wanted to re-enable USB3.0.  with your overclock.  you probably just need some extra voltage to the IOH and ICH to stabilize that.
find
quote
#36
Is there any way this BIOS mod might disable the PS/2 keyboard port on my R3E?

I haven't used my PS/2 port in a long time, like way before I started using these BIOS mods, but I just tried to use it and I got nothing. I tried a full power off with the keyboard connect too, and nothing.

P.S. Thank you to everyone involved in these mods and Zio's original mod.

My setup: Xeon W3690 @ 4.4GHz, 1.35 vcore, 48GB DDR3 @ 969MHz
find
quote
#37
unlikely... I recommend that you unplug the power and press the start/power button. Keep it held down for a full minute. Don't cheat. Then reconnect power and test again.
find
quote
#38
(09-16-2016, 11:30 PM)pir8man Wrote: unlikely... I recommend that you unplug the power and press the start/power button. Keep it held down for a full minute. Don't cheat. Then reconnect power and test again.

I'll give that a try. Thanks for your response.

Not sure if this is related, but would there be a common reason why the system powers on then turns off before powering on again when I hit the start button. I'm sure it's related to my overclock, but maybe there was a known setting that caused this I could remedy instead of shooting in the dark.

EDIT: I unplugged everything from the system, held power button, reverted BIOS, cleared CMOS. No PS/2 port still. I guess it's dead. It's the only thing not working on the board tho. Any idea whether it can be fixed? Maybe a capacitor has to be replaced?
find
quote
#39
Is there a way to mod the jmicron bios setting to expose ahci mode?

it is stuck in pata/ide emulation on this motherboard, where other rampage boards can configure it to ahci :<

it seems that a patched option rom might be necessary to force ahci on these boards.

the R3EB also has this limitation.

http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/08/jmicr...ahci-mode/

I would be willing to test if someone could provide such a modified bios.
find
quote
#40
(01-30-2017, 08:23 PM)squall_leonhart Wrote: Is there a way to mod the jmicron bios setting to expose ahci mode?

it is stuck in pata/ide emulation on this motherboard, where other rampage boards can configure it to ahci :<

it seems that a patched option rom might be necessary to force ahci on these boards.

the R3EB also has this limitation.

http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/08/jmicr...ahci-mode/

I would be willing to test if someone could provide such a modified bios.

If you have a OROM module completed and you want it imported to R3E BIOS, I can do that for you.  I am not a coder, so I cannot modify OROM modules for you.  I only understood enough to take the modules and create custom BIOS versions from those.  ZIO spearheaded this project until he replaced his R3E board.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)