Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424132
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223747
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309501
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

ASUS Rampage Formula BIOS MOD
#1
First I would like to say that I'm glad that I stumbled upon this forum. I've got some question about modding the ASUS Rampage Formula BIOS.

Let me first tell you that a modded BIOS is already available with DRAM Refresh Period, SLIC 2.1, updated option ROMs and updated ASUS EZ Flash II. The BIOS was modded by SoLoR who is a member of the Xtreme Systems forum like me.

There are still a few things I would like to see changed in the BIOS but the ASUS R&D Team doesn't want to spend anymore time on the BIOS because the board is already EOL for a long time.

What I would like to know is if it's possible to fix the Intel BIOS Implementation Test Suite MSR fails?

[Image: MSRFail.jpg]

Can these MSR fails be fixed with updating the Intel Microcode?


An other question that I've got is if it would be possible to add MCH Read ODT as a new setting in the Extreme Tweaker Menu?
I've found that changing the MCH Read ODT from BIOS Default 8 to 9,10,11... makes a lot of difference. It's a lot more stable at high FSB and/or high memory frequency.
An explanation how to do that in Windows and some nice overclocking results is available on the Xtreme System forum. Here's the link: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show...w./page169

This was also requested to the ASUS R&D Team and they said that they could add it but only if we would buy one of their new boards.Rolleyes

We also requested to add DRAM CLK Skew for every channel like it's bigger brother the ASUS Rampage Extreme but we never saw it available in a new BIOS release from ASUS. But they gave us CPU and NB Clock Skew in BIOS 0803 and fixed the tRD issue in BIOS 0902.


A lot of questions in my first post on the forum. I hope someone can answer some of them and help us to mod that BIOS the way we like it.
find
quote
#2
Welcome to BIOS mods! When I started looking in BIOS mods I checked XS first. But my conclusion was that BIOS modding died there since the SIP tables modding. I've seen a thread about BITS and complains on Asus but didn't run the utility by myself yet.

What CPU are you running exactly - core and stepping? So that I know at what microcodes should I look at first.
find
quote
#3
We've succesfully updated the microcodes in the BIOS but it didn't make any difference. BITS still gives us the same MSR fails. I wish there was an easy way to fix the issue but I'm afraid that there isn't an easy fix.

We've got a lot of MCE/BSOD's with this board and I think that the MSR fails are causing these MCE/BSOD's.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)