Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424250
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3567
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 167
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223990
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119116
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6749
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309580
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20230
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169180
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6281
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61132

ASUS Z96Jm unlock request
#1
Could you check for hidden menus on this BIOS (seems Intel does the BIOS for Asus)?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2812&DwnldID=13322&lang=eng

I'm especially looking for anything related to AHCI+NCQ support for the internal hard disk, as well as more boot devices (USB, PCI-Express, etc).

Thanks!
find
#2
I took a look at your bios , but sadly there is absolutely nothing hidden there , what you see is what you have Sad

sorry we couldnt help you

Regards
Admin
find
#3
Thanks. I'd found the ASUS BIOS Tool after posting and come to the same conclusion -- no invisible menu items present in the metadata. Any idea whether AHCI support is actually in there, just waiting for the right bit (or two) to be flipped in the NVRAM? I guess seeing whether there's an extension BIOS for the ICH SATA controller would be a big hint? I understand how people manually find and enable VT support in NVRAM -- by looking for rdmsr -- but I have no idea what steps are necessary to switch the ICH chip into AHCI mode so I haven't a clue what I'd be looking for in the BIOS code.

I'm asking because I just installed an Intel SSD that relies on native command queuing to reduce write amplification... in legacy IDE mode, no NCQ Sad

Of course since the boot sequence seems only to support IDE-mode drives, that might get broken by putting the SATA controller into AHCI.

All kinds of questions with no answers. Does the SATA controller enumerate differently on the PCI bus to cause Windows to match it with AHCI drivers? Currently it is 8086:27C4 and I have a separate 197B:2360 supporting the eSATA port in AHCI mode for hot-plug detection (which I believe is not bootable) and my PCI-Express card appears as 197B:2363 -- interesting, same vendor as the onboard second controller. Anyway since the PCI-Express card won't appear in the boot order, I just I should assume that ICH in AHCI mode wouldn't either, and therefore I should consider this as a lost cause short of Intel providing a miracle BIOS update. Oh well.

Thanks again for checking it out for me.
find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)