Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40951
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 302
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55285
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64121
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2508
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167080
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 232
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6329
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125399
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317028
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Acer Aspire 4252 { Unlocked BIOS in post #33 }
Hello Knightmare,

Knightmare Wrote:The tabs are still swapped like I said before (main and information)

I forgot about that. I will release a third mod with these swapped. I will release this today (if nothing comes up).

Knightmare Wrote:Second Image:
SB800 EC options
SB Hardware Monitor

Third Image:
GFX Clock Speed
And a bunch of "Lanes conector type"

The 'SB Hardware Monitor' sub-menu was empty when I added it. I am not sure what goes under it. I could explore for unlinked settings and add them to the sub-menu. There ...should... be two settings under the 'SB800 EC Options' sub-menu. They are probably hidden like the Advanced Menu was. They are titled 'SureBoot' and 'SureBoot Timeout'. I do not know if your computer is supposed to support these or not.

I will try unhiding "GFX Clock Speed". It may be hidden due to you having a graphics card other than the factory default (If this is the case - otherwise, unhiding it will probably work). It would be hidden as it would not be capable of controlling a non-preset card.

As before, I want to warn you that if the setting does not apply to the computer's current hardware and it is unhidden, it may or may not freeze the BIOS menu [that the setting is located in] upon entering it. It will not brick your computer though. Thank you for being the first person to confirm that the unhiding of settings/menus works. Smile This will definitely help in future mods.

I have received all of the parts (excluding the compatible RAM) necessary for the Phoenix BIOS Research Project that I will be conducting. I will be testing new types of Phoenix BIOS mods. Once I confirm them to be 100% safe, I will be applying them to current and future BIOS mods. There are some BIOS images (your BIOS image is definitely included in this list) that I will be creating second mod versions of. *ModV2*

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(09-12-2014, 05:05 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Knightmare,

Knightmare Wrote:The tabs are still swapped like I said before (main and information)

I forgot about that. I will release a third mod with these swapped. I will release this today (if nothing comes up).

Knightmare Wrote:Second Image:
SB800 EC options
SB Hardware Monitor

Third Image:
GFX Clock Speed
And a bunch of "Lanes conector type"

The 'SB Hardware Monitor' sub-menu was empty when I added it. I am not sure what goes under it. I could explore for unlinked settings and add them to the sub-menu. There ...should... be two settings under the 'SB800 EC Options' sub-menu. They are probably hidden like the Advanced Menu was. They are titled 'SureBoot' and 'SureBoot Timeout'. I do not know if your computer is supposed to support these or not.

I will try unhiding "GFX Clock Speed". It may be hidden due to you having a graphics card other than the factory default (If this is the case - otherwise, unhiding it will probably work). It would be hidden as it would not be capable of controlling a non-preset card.

As before, I want to warn you that if the setting does not apply to the computer's current hardware and it is unhidden, it may or may not freeze the BIOS menu [that the setting is located in] upon entering it. It will not brick your computer though. Thank you for being the first person to confirm that the unhiding of settings/menus works. Smile This will definitely help in future mods.

I have received all of the parts (excluding the compatible RAM) necessary for the Phoenix BIOS Research Project that I will be conducting. I will be testing new types of Phoenix BIOS mods. Once I confirm them to be 100% safe, I will be applying them to current and future BIOS mods. There are some BIOS images (your BIOS image is definitely included in this list) that I will be creating second mod versions of. *ModV2*

~Steven

Thank you! I will be waiting for it to test.
find
Hello Knightmare,

I have finished the third BIOS mod. The file is at the bottom of this post.

Changelog:
• Corrected the linking inversion of the Main and Information Menu setup table locations
• The "GFX Clock Speed" setting was unhidden

Generic Warnings/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that (if applicable) your notebook is fully charged (100%), the power plug is properly connected, and that the chance of the power going out is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk when messing with your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result/consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of your BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MDA5: 7358df8032991335d6eb33d1ce315cca
SHA-1: 209df053d5305973809607983538b92131cc6419

Attached Files
.rar   zQA_109[MODv3].rar (Size: 736.24 KB / Downloads: 16)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(09-12-2014, 05:31 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Knightmare,

I have finished the third BIOS mod. The file is at the bottom of this post.

Changelog:
• Corrected the linking inversion of the Main and Information Menu setup table locations
• The "GFX Clock Speed" setting was unhidden

Generic Warnings/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that (if applicable) your notebook is fully charged (100%), the power plug is properly connected, and that the chance of the power going out is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk when messing with your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result/consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of your BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MDA5: 7358df8032991335d6eb33d1ce315cca
SHA-1: 209df053d5305973809607983538b92131cc6419

No problems with tabs and the "GFX Clock Speed" shows (but nothing changes if I select a clock above 400mhz).
When I use 512mb of frame buffer size I keep getting an memory size error and "double beep" on boot screen even if the system is able to recognize it, I need to press F1 every time (to continue), is it possible to fix this editing the bios?

Thank you so much!
find
Hello Knightmare,

I am glad that the unhiding worked! Thanks for confirming.

The options that you tried to set those settings to were probably not natively supported by the computer. It is probably possible to tweak it slightly with the BIOS image (just like you can remap memory to have a higher usable RAM limit), but I have absolutely no idea on how to go about doing that.

www find
(09-12-2014, 11:03 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Knightmare,

I am glad that the unhiding worked! Thanks for confirming.

The options that you tried to set those settings to were probably not natively supported by the computer. It is probably possible to tweak it slightly with the BIOS image (just like you can remap memory to have a higher usable RAM limit), but I have absolutely no idea on how to go about doing that.

Well, I think it is done for now
Thank you for all the help!
find
Hello Knightmare,

I am going to move this thread to the Confirmed Unlocked forum. I have already added the BIOS image from post #33 to the bios-mods Index of Modified BIOS Images.

Let me know if there is anything else that you want/need. I will be performing another BIOS mod on this BIOS image in the future once I learn more from the Phoenix BIOS research project.

I am also going to make some "screenshots" of the PBE Emulator. This will allow you to see what other settings are hidden so that they can be unhidden.

~Steven

www find
(09-13-2014, 02:01 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello Knightmare,

I am going to move this thread to the Confirmed Unlocked forum. I have already added the BIOS image from post #33 to the bios-mods Index of Modified BIOS Images.

Let me know if there is anything else that you want/need. I will be performing another BIOS mod on this BIOS image in the future once I learn more from the Phoenix BIOS research project.

I am also going to make some "screenshots" of the PBE Emulator. This will allow you to see what other settings are hidden so that they can be unhidden.

~Steven

Nice! Thank you (again)!

Wondering if there are any other Hyper transport options...

Is it possible to add(edit) a custom value (preference of non power of 2) to the selection of "UMA Frame Buffer Size"?
find
Hello Knightmare,

I could change what appears, but I cannot YET change the numbers that are programmed into the BIOS. I will be researching where these numbers are kept and how they are programmed.

I will look for more HyperTransport settings. That menu does look kind of empty...

www find