Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1810
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6428
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14058
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424600
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3665
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 355
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224981
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119223
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6824
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 450
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309862
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62015
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20329
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169465
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6406

Acer Aspire 7740G: Upgrading from i3-330M
#1
Good mornnig,
i'm new to the forum and also is the first attempt to upgrade an old noteboke i had .
Is an Acer Aspire 7740G in origin whit the i3 330m, i looked on cpu upgrade and saw that the i7 640m was compatible.
I swap the cpu but every time i turn on this string appear:  02F0: CPU ID: 55 No Microcode Update Loaded for Alternate Processor

This is the screen shot of the new cpu and the Mobo whit the bios spec, also i've tride on Acer website but there are no more bios to download and i really don't know what to do.

https://tinypic.host/i/ocrbpA
https://tinypic.host/i/ocrf5i

Thank's for the Help
find
quote
#2
Update BIOS to the actual version - https://www.google.com/search?q=7740+1.27
find
quote
#3
(06-15-2023, 05:29 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Update BIOS to the actual version - https://www.google.com/search?q=7740+1.27
Thank's a lot.
I have to make a flash usb device or i just can run winflash64 direcctly trough winddows os?

sorry but i'm really newbie
find
quote
#4
Download, unzip and read readme.txt.
find
quote
#5
(06-15-2023, 08:05 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Download, unzip and read readme.txt.

Thank's for all!
All worked perfectly! Bios updated!

Have a nice day
find
quote
#6
Hello, I have a Acer Aspire 7740G I3-330M, (256GB Intel SSD, 8GB (2 x 4GB), DDR3 1333 MHz ) (running windows 10), and replaced the cpu with I5-460M and it does not power on. I changed to previous cpu, and laptop works just fine. The actual version of bios is Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.15. I need some help on what and how to do. Thanks.
find
quote
#7
Try to update BIOS to actual version - 1.27.
find
quote
#8
(03-21-2025, 12:37 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to update BIOS to actual version - 1.27.

Thank you for your answer. Where to get it and how to do that as technical operation. I searched acer.com, and there is nothing, the only place I found it is on softpedia. I don t know if the bios from there is good or not, as I have downloaded it and click on Flash.bat with admin rights and nothing really happens as it open cmd , run some lines and then ask me to download a software. I also extracted the actual laptop bios file, Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.15.rom and copyed on a fat32 stick just in case I need to backup. So, I don t know what to do and I ll apreciate some help as I don't really know what I am doingSmile)
find
quote
#9
E.g. https://driverscollection.com/?file_cid=...84d7b248a7
find
quote
#10
(03-21-2025, 01:52 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: E.g. https://driverscollection.com/?file_cid=...84d7b248a7

Thank you, I ve downloaded, unzip-ed , and then I've clicked on Flash.bat with admin rights. Nothing happened.I've tryed 2 times. I don't know, maybe it is because the laptop is running on win 10? Do I have to downgrade it first?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)