Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 813
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108111
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1318
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14374
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425701
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119732
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 392
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310657
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62242

Acer Aspire E380 R01-B4
#11
Its alright mate , i think there may be something wrong with the boot disc image.

Right all you need to do is follow the instructions you wrote above

When you unzip R01-B1.zip and get the files , simply rename the modded file to 61AOC29.bin , delete the standard 61AOC29.bin thats in the archive and replace with the modded file (that you renamed to 61AOC29.bin , then run the winflash utility)

Let me know how it goes and dont bother using the cd image any more

Kind Regards
Admin
find
#12
(06-30-2009, 01:49 AM)Administrator Wrote: Its alright mate , i think there may be something wrong with the boot disc image.

Right all you need to do is follow the instructions you wrote above

When you unzip R01-B1.zip and get the files , simply rename the modded file to 61AOC29.bin , delete the standard 61AOC29.bin thats in the archive and replace with the modded file (that you renamed to 61AOC29.bin , then run the winflash utility)

Let me know how it goes and dont bother using the cd image any more

Kind Regards
Admin

Ok let me just check, where should I download the R01-B1. zip from? I have bios R01-B4 right now. On the acer site I can find R01-C0.

2)Do I use the link you have for the E380 like I have?

3)LOL I am A n00b, I am not sure where I should delete the 61ao29.bin, I know its in the achive but where is that?

4) Do you have a link for a guide on the winflash utility? I will look some more.

Cheers

where can I get a copy of winflash? I did a search and it came up with some thing for studying. Which I will be useing since it says it helps you learn quicker and better.
Oh and what do I use to edit the old zip. I tried open the file and used notepad and it went all cray just random letters and such
#13
Lol , thanks for alerting me that theres a new version available , il mod that one instead Smile

(Link Removed) New Retail BIOS available in unloced section of site.

Ignore all previous instructions and just run winflash.exe in this modded archive Smile

Good Luck!
find
#14
(06-30-2009, 04:25 AM)Administrator Wrote: Lol , thanks for alerting me that theres a new version available , il mod that one instead Smile

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/747181/Ace...34s282.zip

Ignore all previous instructions and just run winflash.exe in this modded archive Smile

Good Luck!

Angry

OK got it to open now, but it isnt running like the SOP says. I read another winflash guide and it says to click bootblock, clear comos, and DMI area. I didnt do that but when it went to the up date progress bar it just sat there. Gonna try again, cross you finger
#15
ok i'm trying to do this and i get an erase failure and

[Image: 107mcrn.png]

help a brotha out! Big Grin
#16
make sure you tick bootblock, clear comos, and DMI area on the left hand side and are running the program with administrator priveliges

Also , check the motherboard itself for any jumpers in place which stop you making changes. Also look inside the bios to see if theres a write protect option and disable it.
find
#17
Thanks so much dude!Big Grin It was a stupid little red jumper :>
#18
haha lol ok

Please post up some photos of the extra unlocked options to use as proof so other people download. People are always reluctant to try first lol Tongue
find
#19
(06-30-2009, 06:53 AM)Maltyrius Wrote: Thanks so much dude!Big Grin It was a stupid little red jumper :>



the clear cmos jumper by the south bridge? I get to the update box and then it doesnt do anything, but I am glad it worked for some one. I dont get what I am doing wrong. I took the jumper off I hope it was the right one. One red one on the board. Also the bin has a notepad icon on it, in stead of a system icon could that be effecting it?
#20
(06-30-2009, 06:53 AM)Maltyrius Wrote: Thanks so much dude!Big Grin It was a stupid little red jumper :>

Please post exactly the location of this jumper to help turtlewrench out Smile
find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)