Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 813
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108111
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1318
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14374
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425701
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119732
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 392
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310657
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62242

Acer Aspire E380 R01-B4
#61
(02-21-2010, 12:08 AM)Rogue_Ant Wrote: One thing, I am unable to get my video card to register as anything except x8.
I've tried turning off the PCI-E spectrum, to no effect.

The card is a new GeForce GT 240, and is in the only pci-e slot that will fit. (there are two pci-e slots, one x16 and one x1, I believe)

Any thoughts?

Where are you getting the 8x reading from Perhaps the card jumps to 16x when running a graphically intense application (kinda like cpu speedstepping)

Regards
Admin
find
#62
I thought that might be the case as well, so I ran GPU while running a game.

[Image: gt240atx8.png]
find
#63
hmm strange

Not too sure here , Sorry

Perhaps someone else can help

Admin
find
#64
Ok, so I was able to adjust the FSB and have the computer respond (verified via CPU-Z). But it would say FSB is 210 when I selected 218 and such.
Now I can't get it to change at all. I've tried loading default settings, reflashing the bios, unplugging after saving changes, removing the CMOS battery...
I can change HT and memory speed, but not FSB.
Any thoughts on why/what has changed and why I no longer can change the FSB? (nothing else in the computer has changed)

*edit* Ok, I've got it to adjust the FSB. But I have to go in small increments. And if I go in increments of over 1, it won't register the whole integer. I.E. if I raise the FSB 4mhz, it might only raise 1.3mhz.
**edit2** It seems that even if I go in increments of 1, it won't register the increment at times... I'm having issues getting the FSB to go above 214, yesterday I was successful it getting it stable at 230...


-RA
find
#65
230 isn't bad for FSB. You are not alone though, I have seen a lot of boards that get screwed up when you play with the FSB too much. I haven't seen any one all solution to it, but it seems that FSB clocks that have dividers ie. 200 205 210 seem to work better than bioses with incremental FSB pushes.

TheWiz
www find
#66
Well, 215 is the best I can get out of the FSB for the moment... Not a huge deal either way, just was wondering why my settings aren't having an effect.

Also, I was reading about the processor upgrade BIOS mod... Is this a possibility with my board? I would love to use a 4core Phenom at some point. It appears that my board is very similar to the Nettle 2 stuff.


-RA
find
#67
We are working on it, we just found the retail board for the nettle2 that has voltage control and the whole works, so we are releasing a new mod that is retail grade pretty soon, Ill have to add this to the list of "nettle possibilities"

TheWiz
www find
#68
I tried this E380-BIOS-file with custom splash and EPA done by 1234s282 on my ECS MCP61PM-AM Rev.1 out of an Acer Aspire E380. I could've turn up the FSB, the core voltage and some other stuff and it seems to work once or twice... But 2 issues are making me crazy: first of all, now I can't access my SATA anymore so my PC is not willing to boot. (He did sometimes after flashing!) I see plenty of IDE-ports in the BIOS but only my PATA-DVD is recognized. CLRCMOS and a hard-reset changed nothing. And the second minor issue is that every BIOS has other hotkeys to get to the boot-menu or BIOS. I had several different OEM-BIOSes from Gateway/Packard-Bell, Acer, HP and even one of Elitegroup and all were other hotkeys. How can we change this? I like < del > for entering setup and < F8 > for boot-menu like the standard in ECS-boards...
Maybe we can fix it for some future use... Wink
PS1.: I tried the nettle2-BIOS and it worked, but only with 2 RAM-banks and without onboard-graphics!
PS2.: I tried with an AMD Phenom X4 9750 and it worked with one of the BIOSes!
find
#69
(02-24-2010, 06:47 AM)TheWiz Wrote: We are working on it, we just found the retail board for the nettle2 that has voltage control and the whole works, so we are releasing a new mod that is retail grade pretty soon, Ill have to add this to the list of "nettle possibilities"

TheWiz

Great! Super excited to (possibly) be able to use the newer Phenom stuff. (I'm on an Opteron now).


-RA
find
#70
OK guys here's what's in the works. We have found the retail board for the nettle systems that has the voltage and retail grade OC stuff. We port in VGA and Network and were good. Tthen, if whiskey confirms my suspicions in my PM, then this board and the nettle2/3 will have full Phenom II support.

TheWiz
www find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)