Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108065
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8768
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425664
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227644
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7001
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62228

Acer Aspire E380 R01-B4
#71
(02-24-2010, 01:58 AM)Rogue_Ant Wrote: Well, 215 is the best I can get out of the FSB for the moment... Not a huge deal either way, just was wondering why my settings aren't having an effect.

Also, I was reading about the processor upgrade BIOS mod... Is this a possibility with my board? I would love to use a 4core Phenom at some point. It appears that my board is very similar to the Nettle 2 stuff.


-RA

I think thewiz is currently looking into Phenom Support for this board!

Regards
Admin
find
#72
Apparently, if Tango confirms my suspicion, it is there? If so I will add the pdated AGESA and NCPUCODE.BIN, but I need some communication.

TheWiz
www find
#73
You got mail...
I hope it will work, I will test it for an Athlon 64 X2 and for a Phenom X4 9750...
find
#74
Anyone have resources to Phenom II? Doesn't really matter, because if the Phenom I boots its easy to just update AGESA for Phenom II.

EDIT: I have created a new version for those who HAVE THE ABILITY TO RECOVER IF NEED BE. I believe Tango is a good candidate because I believe he has a spare BIOS chip. This version updates AGESA and Microcode to support Phenom I and II proccessors that are NO GREATER than 95W (65 highly reccomended) It also should fix the SATA issues reported with the Nettle2 BIOS, and hopefully improve stability issues reported by Tango.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/E380Fix.bin

Good luck Tango!

TheWiz
www find
#75
Was just looking on Newegg... Any reason why the 65w is recommended (really limits Phenom selection).

Regardless, I'm anxious to see how this Bios works out! I might have to get a Phenom on order Smile
find
#76
Well, the sockets reported max tdp on the site is 89W, so Tango tested his own board and came up with 103. So really you would want to go with a midrange Phenom II 920 or 940 thats 95W. Also Tango, hold off flashing the link above, I forgot to throw in an update.

TheWiz
www find
#77
I'm on hold here... Wink
Just waiting for your "GO!"...



...and ordered a Phenom X4 9600 for about 79,- €uros plus shipping on ebay... *wink*
find
#78
Well, here it is GO! Seeming as how you c=have hotflash ability at least try that one until I get the new one going.

TheWiz
www find
#79
I don't know if or how or when awdflash done anything but now the last E380-BIOS with all these neat, sweet and petit OC-functions and my custom logos works stable, no more dificulties in rebooting several times, but i can't write your last E380FIX.bin to my BIOS...
awdflash tells me that: "The program files BIOS-Lock-String does not match with your system!"
WTF shall I do with such a message? AAARGH!!! So what kind of param should I set to let awdflash ignore it?
I did:
A:\>awdflash E380FIX.bin /py /sn /Wb /cd /cc /cp /R
...
find
#80
I think /f forces it, try that.

TheWiz
www find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)