Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104590
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425532
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 528
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227449
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119625
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310559
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

Acer Aspire V7 582PG
(04-08-2014, 01:42 PM)felipejfc Wrote: FPT Backup dumps the BIOS without needing to use external programmer, but in your case you can just DUMP and not write, that's why you needed to but the aditional tools...
I do not know why the bottom chip flash is giving error, the 4kb file is just Descriptor part of the CHIP, if you can select to write just a part of the contents of the chip, you can flash this from address 00200000 to 00200FF0

You know what I really not bothered if that ME or descriptor is writeable .. What is the advantage to have it unlocked anyway ?
I am very happy that I have 2.26 with advanced menu and with all info
I am not gonna strip laptop again I ve done it x10 times and I am really fed up with it
I am not planning to overclock CPU or GPU I just wanted check that VMX (that was enabled anyway) Tongue but I allocated more memory for Intel HD 256MB instead of 32MB..
I just was curious why all programs wshows that I have HD 4600 I think I have hD 4400 no ?
Thinking what else I could change in BIOS

Acer Aspire V7 | 15,4'' Full-HD | i7 4500U | 12GB RAM | GT 750M | 2X mSATA Plextor M5M 256GB SSD |
find
quote
Guys,

I have been following this thread for a couple of months. I too have an Acer V7 582PG. Would any you mind giving me a quick walkthrough on flashing this bios. I want to unlock the VRAM so I can play titanfall!

Thanks so much
find
quote
Thipharet , if you followed the thread, by now you should already knew how to flash

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
(04-08-2014, 03:51 PM)felipejfc Wrote: Thipharet , if you followed the thread, by now you should already knew how to flash

I think what I am really asking is there was a lot lost in translation based on formatting of some replies. So from I can tell, this bios can only be flashed with EEPROM tool OP used?
find
quote
(04-08-2014, 02:59 PM)Tipharet Wrote: Guys,

I have been following this thread for a couple of months. I too have an Acer V7 582PG. Would any you mind giving me a quick walkthrough on flashing this bios. I want to unlock the VRAM so I can play titanfall!

Thanks so much

? what system shows when u try to launch game ? there is plenty video ram 4GB

Acer Aspire V7 | 15,4'' Full-HD | i7 4500U | 12GB RAM | GT 750M | 2X mSATA Plextor M5M 256GB SSD |
find
quote
(04-08-2014, 04:00 PM)Ethos Wrote:
(04-08-2014, 02:59 PM)Tipharet Wrote: Guys,

I have been following this thread for a couple of months. I too have an Acer V7 582PG. Would any you mind giving me a quick walkthrough on flashing this bios. I want to unlock the VRAM so I can play titanfall!

Thanks so much

? what system shows when u try to launch game ? there is plenty video ram 4GB

Im stuck with only 32MB allocated. I was hoping I could flash your bios that was modified via Insydeflash but it doesn't look like it correct? I think I may have the 582P with the Intel 4600.
find
quote
If you have different model, we can try flashing it directly, run this tool as admin:

http://dl.felipejfc.com/bios%20mods/TESTBACK.exe

Upload result.rar

<div style="background-color: #f9f9f9">
http://felipejfc.com
</div>
find
quote
I will do this as soon as I get off work this evening. Thanks ffc. Can you explain what this tool does?
find
quote
(04-08-2014, 04:02 PM)Tipharet Wrote: Im stuck with only 32MB allocated. I was hoping I could flash your bios that was modified via Insydeflash but it doesn't look like it correct? I think I may have the 582P with the Intel 4600.
whoo mate that 's not the problem.. intel HD memory and i've bumped it up just to have bit smoother desktop work and internet such youtube ..
for titanfall you need to set game to run with 750M graphics .. not HD 4400
go to nvidia control panel then 3d settings select program settings tick only ''show programs found on this PC then click on drop down menu find titanfall and select hi performance nvidia processor .. you can specify setting for particular game but if you unsure leave it default ..

Acer Aspire V7 | 15,4'' Full-HD | i7 4500U | 12GB RAM | GT 750M | 2X mSATA Plextor M5M 256GB SSD |
find
quote
(04-08-2014, 04:15 PM)Ethos Wrote:
(04-08-2014, 04:02 PM)Tipharet Wrote: Im stuck with only 32MB allocated. I was hoping I could flash your bios that was modified via Insydeflash but it doesn't look like it correct? I think I may have the 582P with the Intel 4600.
whoo mate that 's not the problem.. intel HD memory and i've bumped it up just to have bit smoother desktop work and internet such youtube ..
for titanfall you need to set game to run with 750M graphics .. not HD 4400
go to nvidia control panel then 3d settings select program settings tick only ''show programs found on this PC then click on drop down menu find titanfall and select hi performance nvidia processor .. you can specify setting for particular game but if you unsure leave it default ..

The GPU is an Intel HD 4600 and not a NVIDIA card. Thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)