Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424546
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3653
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224766
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119204
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6815
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309809
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169425
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

Acer TravelMate P253-M Corrupt Bios
#1
I've found a few old threads relating to this laptop but i've been unable to resolve the issue as many of the links are dead etc.

I've got a 2013 i3 Acer TravelMate P253-M which powers on, fans spin up, occasionally beeps however there is no display.

I'm unsure what BIOS it is and I'm unable to check as I can't get the display on, googling seemed to point to an Insyde BIOS.

I have tried various guides but either im doing something wrong or have the incorrect BIOS file. 

I've been using Q5WV1X64.fd on a FAT32 formatted 125mb USB (yes mb, it was the only one I could find under 2gb).

Any advice or assistance would be great.

Thanks!
find
quote
#2
How do you know the BIOS is corrupted, did you give it a bad flash? If not, it could just be a dead graphics chip.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/488747...l?page=207 Not same laptop, but similar to give you general method

See also, post #6 for method described
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2021445

Do you get info on screen when you hold Fn+Esc and then power up? If not, dead graphics possibly

Q5WV1X64.fd is correct recovery name
find
quote
#3
Thanks for the reply,

I can't be 100% sure its a corrupt BIOS, as it came to me this way, thanks for confirming that it's the correct recovery name.
Looking at it again you could be right regarding the dead graphics as I've not been able to get anything on the display.

I'll give it one last try using the method you linked, thanks!
find
quote
#4
You're welcome! I've never dealt with this myself, so was only going by past laptop experiences, and what I read in a few recovery guides for your specific system it looked like you should at least be seeing some things on the screen once you start the recovery process even if it fails or doesn't work etc.

Does this system have external graphics port, where you could hook up a monitor, to also rule out dead LCD Screen, disconnected LCD Cable etc. If you can, maybe take it apart and disconnect/reconnect the LCD Cables, that way you at least know it has a good connection. Without external monitor connection, it will be tough to rule out if the LCD is faulty or not.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)