Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424253
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223997
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119117
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20231
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169181
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6282
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61133

Add/Unlock extra second SATA (msata) port in AMI BIOS
#1
Hello everyone,
I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 Tiny PC with a normal 2.5 SATA hdd, I looked at the motherboard which had solder markings and room for an optional msata 1 slot, so I headed online and got a port and soldered it onboard. Then I inserted my msata ssd hoping for the magical upgrade to do its thing, but unfortunately it didn't appear in the BIOS. I noted that in the bios screen it only shows SATA 1 and no other port. So I was hoping if ant of the experts out there can help me out and unlock/add the extra SATA port?

Note: I found the same motherboard (m4500q model) with working msata port on one of the chinese sites online. (http://club.lenovo.cn/detail/897726)
Which confirms that it's possible

PC model: ThinkCentre M73 Tiny
Motherboard: Lenovo IS8XT v1.1
BIOS: AMI FHKT70AUS
http://support.lenovo.com/ae/en/downloads/ds038325


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
           

.zip   FHJY70USA.zip (Size: 5.1 MB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
#2
UPDATE: I successfully unlocked the msata port in the bios using the AMIBCP. It now shows that its enabled, however the msata drive is not showing either in BIOS or Windows!??
Can this be due to missing capacitors/transistors for the port (because I compared my motherboard to the one on the Chinese site which had an extra capacitor near the msata port), or is it a software issue?
What is the best way I can test this?
find
quote
#3
The photos above are from the chinese site, the photos attached below are my motherboard.
Notice one capacitor and one diode missing near the msata slot compared to the photos above.
Can this be the solution????
   
   
find
quote
#4
(02-08-2017, 03:42 AM)Modnnkh Wrote: Can this be the solution????

I've soldered in the jumper and the capacitor.
No success so far.
find
quote
#5
Hi, I'm very interested in this discussion (even if it's almost 6 years old) this is because I'm planning on doing a little hackintosh and I wanted to use the msata disk as an operating system disk if possible.

I would like to know if you were able to solve the problems that did not allow the detection of the msata disk and if so to know what caused them

Thanks for everything
find
quote
#6
(03-29-2023, 03:39 PM)daltanious78 Wrote: Hi, I'm very interested in this discussion (even if it's almost 6 years old) this is because I'm planning on doing a little hackintosh and I wanted to use the msata disk as an operating system disk if possible.

I would like to know if you were able to solve the problems that did not allow the detection of the msata disk and if so to know what caused them

Thanks for everything

Yes, I was able to eventually solve it by soldering in the missing resistors and capacitors (it wasn't easy with all those tiny SMD's) by comparing my motherboard to photos I found online of a similar motherboard with factory-included mSATA port.

From what I recall, I had bought these:
0402 0 ohm SMD resistors (x6)
0402 8K2 SMD resistor (x1)
220uF 10V 6.3mm capacitor (x1)
0402 100nF SMD capacitors (x3)
0402 330pF SMD capacitor (x1)
0603 SMD inductor (x1)
2N7002 SOT-23 transistor (MMBT7002LT1G) (x1)
mSATA slot

Reference used:
Repair Lenovo ThinkCentre m93p mini console, restore MSATA functionality - Daily Headlines (kknews.cc)

Another guide:
TheStaticTurtle - Adding an mSATA port to a Lenovo M73


Attached Files
.pdf   Lenovo ThinkCentre m93p mini console, restore MSATA functionality.pdf (Size: 936.13 KB / Downloads: 8)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)