Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6420
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14051
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424582
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3660
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 349
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224936
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119216
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 302
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6821
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 445
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309851
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62011
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 662
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20323
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169453
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6396
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 868

Alienware M17x R1
#21
A04 and A05 were complete failures, many people just went from A03 to A06 (myself included)

Retaining A06 as the base would be desireable though as they implemented a fix to the touchpad polling rate that made it about 100x better to use haha

If you can use A03 and update the touchpad polling rate the same as dell did in A06 that would work Smile

And yes, the ability to turn off CPU throttle(ing Wink ) would be awesome as that is one of the long standing complaints of this laptop
find
quote
#22
No problem, I will rebuild the A06 with the SLIC tool.
www find
quote
#23
Excited!
find
quote
#24
Hi scook9,

Please run this program and attach a RW everything report using the following instructions:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Programs/RwV1.4.8.5.zip

After RWEverything Opens, click ACCESS - ACPI Tables.

When ACPI Tables opens, click anywhere within the ACPI Window.

Now click CONTROL + F2 to save the entire table.

Save this Report to the desktop WITHOUT CHANGING THE NAME and either attach this file to your post

Thanks for your help Big Grin
TheWiz
www find
quote
#25
Sure thing, might I ask what this will do?


Attached Files
.rar   AcpiTbls.rar (Size: 83.69 KB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#26
Hope you are able to make some awesome progress Big Grin

Here is a list I started a while back on NBR of features I wanted to see Dell implement in the bios. They obviously failed to deliver so I am now working with a much friendlier you Smile
http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m17x/466123-m17x-r1-features-we-want-future-bioss.html

That would be my dream team of BIOS features but as many as you can knock out the more the whole world of M17x R1 laptops can benefit! And I think the FSB cap has something to do with those values in the Advanced>Overclocking section in the BIOS in the template file. The value there (532 I think?) is 1330 in decimal, awfully close to 1333 Wink Hope that helps!
find
quote
#27
The RW everything report will help me rebuild the BIOS with the other tool instead of the PBE compiler. I'll let you know how the dream team list is coming along tonight Big Grin

TheWiz
www find
quote
#28
Tonight came and went. Can't handle the suspense!

lol

Am I too excited for a proper BIOS?
find
quote
#29
Should be ready tonight if all goes well Big Grin
www find
quote
#30
Hi scooke,

I'm still working on the mod, it is taking especially log because I cannot compile with PBE. Meanwhile, I though I'd at least post a screenshot with CPU throttle up for you to take back to your notebook review alienware lovers Big Grin

[Image: alienwarem17.PNG]

I will make a dedicate site page on BIOS-Mods for all of the Alienware M15x and 17x products as we create updated BIOSes. Stay tuned.

TheWiz

Update: I've finished mapping all of your OC menu. The following settings are enabled:

VCORE leveling
DDR3 Memory Voltage 1.5V-1.8V
MCP79 Core Voltage
CPU Throttling
Memory Throttling
CPU Spread Spectrum
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)