Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424224
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223929
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119110
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309554
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

Ami Bios unlock request for Toshiba Netbook NB520-125 PLL62E
#1
Hi, I am new her, so please don't flame me for my noob'iness

I have bought a Toshiba Netbook NB520 for use as a mobile Cell-phone modding and fixing device. I always help people I know that have problems, issues or anything at all with their phones, navigation devices and/or computers. And I got sick and tired of dragging my 17" around.
Anyway I assumed that it would be 64bit compatible, but the bios restricts it...
...even though there are NB520's that can run 64bits
But they are running a different bios
I tried to cross flash the bios, but it won't work.

AFAIK all the hardware components are 64bit compatible, at least the manufacturers say so.
There are 7 or 8 different Typs of the NB500 & NB520's using exactly 2 bios typs

I tried to unlock the running Bios with the AMI unlock keys: Alt+F1, ctrl+F1 & shift+F1, but no avail

I never extracted and repacked a bios, so I can not get the Rom to cross flash the AMI with the other one, without having the danger of bricking my mainboard.
I am not sure, but is it like enabling compatibility like in a init file? (0 to 1?)

So anyway, as you can see, I am trying to enable the bios to not restrict a 64bit installation and maybe unlock the other bios features.

Will one of the programs from this thread work? https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-C...ding-Tools

here is the bios:
support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-files2/0/bios-20120903150831.zip

here is the other bios for the other Systems:
support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-files2/0/bios-20120801075526.zip

I would be very grateful for some advice
thanks
find
quote
#2
I decided not to cross flash the other bios, because they have a different FSB clock, and I don't want to downclock it

so I finally extracted the bios...
Winrar opened the file and gave me the install.exe, a EC.ROM & a BIOS.ROM
please stop me here if the extraction with Winrar corrupts the Bios.rom

I opened the Bios.rom with AMIBCP, but I don't know how to mod the hidden options

Anybody know a noob tutorial. I tried to find one online, but no avail
find
quote
#3
(01-01-2015, 07:21 AM)freaxs_r_us Wrote: I decided not to cross flash the other bios, because they have a different FSB clock, and I don't want to downclock it

so I finally extracted the bios...
Winrar opened the file and gave me the install.exe, a EC.ROM & a BIOS.ROM
please stop me here if the extraction with Winrar corrupts the Bios.rom

I opened the Bios.rom with AMIBCP, but I don't know how to mod the hidden options

Anybody know a noob tutorial. I tried to find one online, but no avail

Hi friend,
here You go :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...MSR-unlock!

Follow this guide, but follow CodeRush suggestions to modfy Bios by AMIBcp 4.55 and flash
Bios Mod by Afudos as Admin !

http://rghost.net/59893020

let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#4
amazing, thanks

just reading this will make bios modding a breeze. Either way...

I am familiar with most of the tools anyway and the tutorial is really easy to follow

I will get back to you a.s.a.p...
Will probably do it this weekend

I wonder if I can figure out how 64bit restrictions are stored. Either by whitelist or by 0/1 or whatever.

I am pretty sure I will combine the hex edit mod and the user/default mod

p.s. I wonder if CodeRush is the guy I know that is responsible for one of the most important and a lot more mods for the Symbian community
I know him aa CodeRus & iCodeRus. This is right up his alley
find
quote
#5
(01-01-2015, 05:09 PM)freaxs_r_us Wrote: amazing, thanks

just reading this will make bios modding a breeze. Either way...

I am familiar with most of the tools anyway and the tutorial is really easy to follow

I will get back to you a.s.a.p...
Will probably do it this weekend

I wonder if I can figure out how 64bit restrictions are stored. Either by whitelist or by 0/1 or whatever.

I am pretty sure I will combine the hex edit mod and the user/default mod

p.s. I wonder if CodeRush is the guy I know that is responsible for one of the most important and a lot more mods for the Symbian community
I know him aa CodeRus & iCodeRus. This is right up his alley

It ma be as He is a BIGGGGG :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/2...g-utility/

He is an AMI Bios developer and produce an own SPI PGM which He sell from Russia !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#6
(01-01-2015, 05:09 PM)freaxs_r_us Wrote: amazing, thanks

just reading this will make bios modding a breeze. Either way...

I am familiar with most of the tools anyway and the tutorial is really easy to follow

I will get back to you a.s.a.p...
Will probably do it this weekend

I wonder if I can figure out how 64bit restrictions are stored. Either by whitelist or by 0/1 or whatever.

I am pretty sure I will combine the hex edit mod and the user/default mod

p.s. I  wonder if CodeRush is the guy I know that is responsible for one of the most important and a lot more mods for the Symbian community
I know him aa CodeRus & iCodeRus. This is right up his alley

please up this thread again. here the bios file of this netbook.


Attached Files
.zip   LA-6858P TOSHIBA NB520 PLL62L-00M006 QBU00-20221209T075514Z-001.zip (Size: 1.27 MB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)