Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 69
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221532
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118801
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 119
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6606
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308778
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61655
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 400
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20044
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168690
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6084
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5570
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60857
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274744
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 735
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24708
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694468
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174319

Asrock X58 Supercomputer CPU Support
#1
I've got an Asrock X58 Supercomputer motherboard that I would love to drop a low power Xeon L5630 into but it doesn't support it. I have the board and system currently running with an i7 920 and have tried an L5630 in it but it doesn't work. As this is my first post here, I'd love some guidance or to be pointed in the right direction. Thank you everyone!
find
quote
#2
Tell sSpec of your new CPU.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
What's happen when you try to boot with new CPU?
find
quote
#3
(10-01-2016, 09:10 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Tell sSpec of your new CPU.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
What's happen when you try to boot with new CPU?

Nothing happens; PC turns on but nothing on the screen.
find
quote
#4
I need other requested information (sSpec & screenshots).
And have you other Xeon 5600 or 3600 series?
find
quote
#5
(10-01-2016, 09:10 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Tell sSpec of your new CPU.
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with native CPU.
What's happen when you try to boot with new CPU?

CPU: SLBVD

i7 920 screenshot:

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_10_02_at_8_45_49_AM.png]

Mainboard screenshot:

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_10_02_at_8_45_59_AM.png]

Edit: I do not have any other 1366 CPU's (Xeon or otherwise) I can drop in to test at this point.
find
quote
#6
Your BIOS has microcode for CPUID=0x206C2: version - 0x13, date - 09/07/2010
That is enough to boot Xeon L5630.
Can you set Vcore and QPI speed in BIOS by using old CPU?
find
quote
#7
I will give it a shot but it'll be a day or two, harvest has started so time is short. But setting the qpi is a good idea, I believe I have it set to 6.4 for the i7.
find
quote
#8
But I think it will not help. I think the problem is second QPI link.
I read about EVGA motherboard's mod to disable it. But this method can't be use here...
find
quote
#9
(10-02-2016, 03:25 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: But I think it will not help. I think the problem is second QPI link.
I read about EVGA motherboard's mod to disable it. But this method can't be use here...

So I may just be SOL then..?

I'm still going to try it but like I said, it'll be a few days. Two jobs and the fact that my server isn't in the most easily accesaccessible spot makes it something that can't be tested in five minutes.
find
quote
#10
I advice to buy Xeon 3600 series.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)