Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 76
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424333
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3597
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224246
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119154
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6773
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 386
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 605
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20260
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169228
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6315
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 808
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61171

Asus K43TA & K53TA & X73TA BIOS Unlock
#1
Hi. Here is the bios
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/K43TA/K43TA207.zip

I'm looking for the fan speed (rpm) control and the menu to disable the integrated gpu (6520g). Also, if there's a way to play with ram control I'd appreciate it.

thank you very much.
find
quote
#2
Just in case the link to the new BIOS
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/K43TA/K43TA212.zip


All hidden settings are welcome...
find
quote
#3
207 is the last known official bios release for the k53ta. thats why i wrote the 207. For sure all hidden options are welcome, but for me it's those 2 particular options I'm looking for.

Thanks
find
quote
#4
You are right. But my X53TA came with k43ta`s 209 BIOS while official latest release for X53TA is the same K43TA207.zip file. I flashed that k43ta`s 212 official BIOS two days ago without any problem (without noticable improvements also)
find
quote
#5
I'm also looking for a way to disable the integrated graphics / Optimus in the Asus K53sv. Is there any progress in this area?
find
quote
#6
Can't disable the IGP with sandy bridge unfortunately, it's the only GPU that is connected to your LCD screen, the dedicated GPU copies rendered graphics into the Intel IGPs frame buffer.

More info:
http://superuser.com/a/284348

EDIT: Sorry didn't realise that it was an AMD IGP, not sure what would happen if you were to disable it. I'll take a look at the bios now.

EDIT#2: I made an attempt to unlock the option to disable the IGP, needs testing (may not actually be unlocked):
https://rapidshare.com/files/2384996955/K43TA.zip

Please report any results.
Please note: I take no responsibility for anything that goes wrong.


I could hardcode the setting to disable the IGP, but that could turn your notebook into a brick, so it's best not to try that I think.


BTW no cooling options were found using amibcp version 4.53.
find
quote
#7
the modified bios did not do anything.

no change from factory bios 212

is there supposed to be an extra bios option ?

what options can be unlocked ?
find
quote
#8
That bios was just a test to see if there was an easy way to unlock options for you, which it turns out there isn't an easy way.

It's still possible to unlock plenty of settings for you, but it is something that I don't know how to do yet, eventually this should be possible (but it's very difficult).

At the moment you have the option to open your bios with AMIBCP version 4.53 and set the optimal setting to whatever you like, but that could end up killing your machine. So it's best not to do that unless you're really confident.

I've done just that for my notebook, setting the ram frequency.
find
quote
#9
ok. I played with amibcp, and I'm pretty sure we need to look at AMD Power Express configuration settings.

see attachment below.

Currently, PX Dynamic mode switch is Enabled, and PX Fixed mode switch is disabled.
According to google search, both modes need to be enabled.

now the question is, is it possible to make this unhidden option and toggle-able......
toggleable because we only need to disable igp when using openGL apps.
Otherwise, we leave dynamic graphics on all the time.

using amibcp, I can't see how to unhide the menus. It looks like the Chipset menu should be displayed, but it actually isn't. We still have only a stripped bios.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#10
(03-16-2012, 11:27 PM)pman26 Wrote: is it possible to make this unhidden

Technically, yes. It's possible.

But as far as I know, nobody has managed to do it for an APTIO bios yet. Lots of people are working on it.

At this time, if a main menu is unlocked, you can unlock everything under that menu.
But in your bios most of the main menus are locked (e.g. chipset menu).

I could be wrong, but I think the only options you have at this time are either to hardcode the setting you want (change the optimal value, save and flash). Or just sit and wait for one of the modders on the forum to figure out APTIO.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)