Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6365
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424498
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224622
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119178
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309747
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61974
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

Asus M2N-LR Phenom II support
#1
I came across this great server board and I want to turn it into a ghetto gaming PC for a friend.

Someone tried a Phenom II 940 and it boots but the CPU was reported as "unknown."

The board is actually quite nice and has decent overclocking features, I'd love to use it with something other than the terrible Phenom 1 based Opteron it came with. Even overclocked those things are dogs. It would be fantastic to get proper Phenom II support with fresh new microcode.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock...S-0515.rar
find
quote
#2
Here you go, I've put all missing AM3 Microcodes in, but i can't guarantee that they will work on your board...
Please be shure you know how to rescue your board before flashing, this is absolutly experimental...


Attached Files
.rom   lr-asus-0515.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#3
(05-06-2015, 02:32 AM)Marius87 Wrote: Here you go, I've put all missing AM3 Microcodes in, but i can't guarantee that they will work on your board...
Please be shure you know how to rescue your board before flashing, this is absolutly experimental...

Where you get AMD microcodes? Please share link. (i`m looking for AMD Athlon 64 X2 microcodes)
find
quote
#4
Hey guys,

I finally got my 940 BE and it's still showing up as "unknown processor."

Anyone wanna take a crack at this? I think I also need the AM2+ microcodes as well. The 940 and 920 are AM2+ chips, not AM3.

Here is the download link I was sent earlier from Genius239:

https://mega.co.nz/#!epAHkS5Y!VAN9_RA3Kg...FAgFruNClY
find
quote
#5
Hey, I'd like to add that Marius87's BIOS had the same issue. Unknown processor and "DQS Training failed upon last boot, reverted to slower RAM speed."

Pressing F1 every time and not having full support is irritating. Even after forcing manual HT/RAM speeds I had the BIOS clear itself with a warning on boot once. I'm pretty sure the AM2+ Phenoms have their own microcode, and these BIOSes are missing it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)