Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 04:53 PM
» Replies: 101
» Views: 22228
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5315 BIOS Unlock
Last Post: FG_JK
Today 11:35 AM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 5911
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E5-575(G) BIOS unl...
Today 10:00 AM
» Replies: 142
» Views: 51682
[REQUEST] ASUS TUF Gaming FX705DU BIOS U...
Last Post: kenpachi
Today 05:57 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 64
Add Broadwell support to Fujitsu D3348B1...
Last Post: mforce2
Today 04:33 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 97
[REQUEST] Thinkpad Lenovo L13 Yoga gen3 ...
Last Post: quantumx3
Yesterday 07:00 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 219
[GUIDE] Flash BIOS with CH341A programme...
Last Post: pareja119
Yesterday 01:58 PM
» Replies: 35
» Views: 108024
New Members Say Hi Here
Last Post: Gordin
Yesterday 01:18 PM
» Replies: 159
» Views: 210504
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 BIOS Unl...
Yesterday 08:38 AM
» Replies: 78
» Views: 21762
GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev. 4.0)
Last Post: weser
03-16-2024 09:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 101
PCIe Bifurcation on Fujitsu D3402-B21
Last Post: StancuFlorin
03-16-2024 06:12 AM
» Views: 86
[Request] Adding 7th Gen CPU support to ...
Last Post: StancuFlorin
03-16-2024 05:57 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 262
amibios 5.12 modding help
Last Post: osku81
03-15-2024 01:38 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 165
ch341a and asprogrammer error
Last Post: jean luc ferre
03-15-2024 01:10 PM
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideadpad N581 Whitelist...
03-15-2024 12:21 PM
» Replies: 237
» Views: 58370
CPU upgrade on Asus X51L
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-15-2024 12:21 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 1346
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E320 (8NE...
03-14-2024 05:22 PM
» Replies: 96
» Views: 26493
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad Y550 (15CNxxWW)...
Last Post: analiel1
03-14-2024 03:10 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 4660
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
03-14-2024 02:50 PM
» Replies: 274
» Views: 65700
Xeon E5-26xx V4 ES & ASUS x99-A II
Last Post: massimo.cressoni
03-14-2024 11:59 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 12613

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Full AM3 Support
This project has been started thanks to members of GURU3D:
Project Leaders: ST19AG_WGreymon; TheWiz; Ace

Users of the Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard can now drop Phenom II CPUs in them. Although not officially supported on the Asus website, Phenom II CPUs work in the motherboard without any additional modification other than a BIOS update. Users should use at least BIOS version 1604. BIOS revision 1701 is out and is listed in the Download page of the Asus Website.

Direct link to Official BIOS rev1701:
http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...eluxe/1701.zip

There is a new Official 1801 Beta BIOS and the UnOfficial 1802 BIOS listed later down the thread.

It is recommended that after you flash the BIOS that you clear the CMOS, failing to clear the CMOS may end with a BSOD upon Windows startup or a black startup screen. Instructions:
--------------------------------------
Method 1:
Unplug the power plug from the wall to the power supply.
Press the power button as well as flick the PSU's rocker switch a couple times to discharge the capacitors.
Leave motherboard battery in.
Move jumper as described in the manual and leave it there for 1-2 minutes.
Replace jumper back to original position.
Plug in power cord.
Start machine.

Method 2:
Unplug the power plug from the wall to the power supply.
Press the power button as well as flick the PSU's rocker switch a couple times to discharge the capacitors.
Remove battery.
Wait 15 seconds.
Replace battery.
Plug in power cord.
Start machine.
---------------------------------------
There are pictures of Phenom II 940s running OC'ed on M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboards in the original Asus forum thread and in a German forum thread, listed below:

Original Asus forum thread:
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...age=1&count=58

German thread showing Phenom II in an M2N-SLI Deluxe:
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/show...postcount=1671

--------------------------------------
Reported problems with beta 1604/1701 BIOS:

SATA Port 1 does not work.
CPU Virtualization enabled by default. Disabling it causes Windows not to boot.

-----------------------------------

New Beta BIOS is out: 1801

Link 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7IG8OI7J
Link 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/f2ay33 (Thanks AceTK)

This was given to a user by Asus Tech Support to fix a BSOD with his X2 7750 BE which it fixed. It has been tested by numerous Asus forum board members as well as me and the BIOS works like a charm. It is still in beta and does not show up in the Official Asus download page. According to some users it fixes some BSOD and crashing.

Original thread: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us

Unofficial 1802 BIOS

Special thanks to: AceTK, TheWiz, and www.bios-mods.com

Download

Mirror

Features:
Proper detection of newer AM2+/AM3 CPUs.
Fix for Radeon 5XXX series POST issues.

Issues:
Removal of splashscreen.
Removal of EPA logo.

Users may need to set multipliers and voltages manually.
-----------------------------------------------
AMD Phenom II 940BE has been tested by me and works flawlessly.

The board will run 1066 memory once the Phenom II is inserted in either ganged/unganged modes.

Tested Processors(please inform me if there are any to add):

Athlon X2 7750 BE
Athlon II X2 240
Athlon II X4 630
Phenom II x3 720
Phenom II x3 810
Phenom II x4 920
Phenom II x4 940BE
Phenom II X4 945
Phenom II x4 955
Phenom II x4 955BE
Phenom II X4 965 125w

It is suggested to manually set your voltage and multiplier as well as disable Cool n' Quiet. Failure to do so may result in less than stellar performance.
www find
How hard would it be to port the the updated AGESA with AM3 support to other ASUS boards in the same series (M2N32-SLI [Deluxe/Premium], M2N PLUS SLI, etc.)?
find
Hey,

Thanks for bringing the discussion over. Like I mentioned earlier, I will make my mod available for all of those boards if people are willing to support me in my endeavors and support this site Big Grin It's fairly easy for me to follow the same procdure I did for the latest working release.

Thanks for stopping in,
TheWiz
www find
Still having POST issues with my ATI 5770 on 1802
find
Still having POST issues with my ATI 5850 on 1802
find
Yeah, I can't help the post issues with the cards, ASUS is going to have to figure that out for themselves, but at least now there is AM3 support.

TheWiz
www find
Hey Guys,

I have finally finished release 1901 of this motherboard. It was requested that the date that shows during post, as well as the names etc. were changed, which involed recompiling the bios from hex and redoing checksums with CBROM. While I am confident this is all set to go, I HIGHLY advise that someone who has a second chip tries it first in case they need to recover. especially because I redid some internal stuff, I'm not sure of MEMINIT stability (Basically, I am begging on this one, I hate listening to whinners who busted their boards, and I want this to be an official release everyone can rely on)

Changes: I have destroyed all traces of the lousy Music alarm. It will no longer show up in BIOS setup and the module itself has been removed. This allowed me to update the AMD microcode to the latest version, so from 22K to 28K.

There is also some good news for the 955/965 owners. I believe that I may have found where the BIOS is setting the defauly 4x multi, and I may be able to change that default to the standard multi etc. Stay tuned for that as I continue researching it.

I have also attached a screenshot of the new post info and microcode. Changing the POST Text and date was the primary reason for recompiling.

Once confirmed working, I recommend all users upgrade to ensure they are using the latest AMD microcode, which may resolve freezing issues with CPUID etc. Please though, wait until someone who can recover HAS tested and reported back. Feedback appreciated as always.

http://bios-mods.com/BIOS/1901AM3.BIN

Thanks and good luck,
TheWiz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

www find
(03-28-2010, 02:41 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hey Guys,

I have finally finished release 1901 of this motherboard. It was requested that the date that shows during post, as well as the names etc. were changed, which involed recompiling the bios from hex and redoing checksums with CBROM. While I am confident this is all set to go, I HIGHLY advise that someone who has a second chip tries it first in case they need to recover. especially because I redid some internal stuff, I'm not sure of MEMINIT stability (Basically, I am begging on this one, I hate listening to whinners who busted their boards, and I want this to be an official release everyone can rely on)

Changes: I have destroyed all traces of the lousy Music alarm. It will no longer show up in BIOS setup and the module itself has been removed. This allowed me to update the AMD microcode to the latest version, so from 22K to 28K.

There is also some good news for the 955/965 owners. I believe that I may have found where the BIOS is setting the defauly 4x multi, and I may be able to change that default to the standard multi etc. Stay tuned for that as I continue researching it.

I have also attached a screenshot of the new post info and microcode. Changing the POST Text and date was the primary reason for recompiling.

Once confirmed working, I recommend all users upgrade to ensure they are using the latest AMD microcode, which may resolve freezing issues with CPUID etc. Please though, wait until someone who can recover HAS tested and reported back. Feedback appreciated as always.

http://bios-mods.com/BIOS/1901AM3.BIN

Thanks and good luck,
TheWiz

I have just tried the 1901AM3 Bios and can confirm it it does not work yet. Anyone that has not got a spare external flash ROM don't try this yet.
find
Are you suggesting that you do? If so, I would like to send a new test release to you. I have removed the failed BIOS.

TheWiz
www find
(04-02-2010, 06:35 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Are you suggesting that you do? If so, I would like to send a new test release to you. I have removed the failed BIOS.

TheWiz

yes that would be great if you can send me the bios update. I can give it a test for you as i have a second bios on hand.
(04-02-2010, 07:00 AM)KRB Wrote:
(04-02-2010, 06:35 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Are you suggesting that you do? If so, I would like to send a new test release to you. I have removed the failed BIOS.

TheWiz

yes that would be great if you can send me the bios update. I can give it a test for you as i have a second bios on hand.

The last bios did not post at all.
find