Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108041
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9215
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14362
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425649
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227603
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119720
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310594
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

Asus M50sv and Nvidia 9650m upgrade
#11
(03-26-2011, 01:31 PM)jommoner Wrote:
Quote:HI!

I've the similar problem!!!

My laptop is an Asus M50vn with 9700m gt ddr3 (before was 9650m gt ddr2) and when I press the power button the fan run always at 100%...
I've a modded bios with a video rom from an Asus G50(which's the only that mount a 9700m gt).

P.S. initially Gpuz recognized my motherboard as an M50vn, and after, with the modded bios, Gpuz recognizes my motherboard as a "generic" M50V...! Could be an interesting info for you?

I hope that someone can help me!




Hi!

I don't know what to do about the M50 upgrades (the problem where the fan goes to 100%). I think that the fan is controlled by the main BIOS and there is some configuration somewhere that ASUS change in the M50 so that the BIOS can read that particular card. When we replace the vBIOS, it all works, but the main BIOS can't read the card temperature, so goes into emergency full-cooling mode to be safe.

Without an M50 here I don't know how we could work around this, unfortunately. Are there any fan control utilities that you could use to speed up / slow down the fan? If so it might be possible to somehow override the BIOS setting once you get into Windows / Linux / Other OS...

Thanks for your reply jommoner, but I solved by upgrading to 9800m gs Tongue...with this card pwm works property and very better perfonmance than 9700m Wink
Now I'm continuing to upgrade my system (I'm crazy hihi) by installing GTX 260m 1GB 112 stream processor!!!...but my actually issue is that with 260m my laptop don't star on...I suppose because 90W power supply is insufficient and I'm waiting for 120W power supply Wink
find
quote
#12
Sorry how to make custom bios on x55sv with 9700m gt. thanks
find
quote
#13
Hi,

I have an Asus M50sv Laptop and i want to upgrad my graphic card (actually 9500M GS). I have a 9650M GT and it fit on my laptop. When i power it up, the computer start normally (BIOS and Windows are OK) but the screen stay black (internal and external). I have a stock BIOS, so i think i need a modded BIOS. However, with the stock bios and black screen, the fan is always at 100%.

If someone can get me a modded bios, i will be so grateful.


Many Thanks
find
quote
#14
(01-21-2012, 03:56 PM)TONYGOMES Wrote: Hi,

I have an Asus M50sv Laptop and i want to upgrad my graphic card (actually 9500M GS). I have a 9650M GT and it fit on my laptop. When i power it up, the computer start normally (BIOS and Windows are OK) but the screen stay black (internal and external). I have a stock BIOS, so i think i need a modded BIOS. However, with the stock bios and black screen, the fan is always at 100%.

If someone can get me a modded bios, i will be so grateful.


Many Thanks

you need to flash the second bios in attachment of the first post...you do it AT YOUR OWN RISK...
this bios is simply the original M50sv bios modded by inserting 9650 vbios into...your system could see card correctly but the problem of the fan @100% is unsolvable, sorry!
you may try with a different card...cheers
find
quote
#15
(01-23-2012, 02:31 AM)mrzenith Wrote: you need to flash the second bios in attachment of the first post...you do it AT YOUR OWN RISK...
this bios is simply the original M50sv bios modded by inserting 9650 vbios into...your system could see card correctly but the problem of the fan @100% is unsolvable, sorry!
you may try with a different card...cheers

Thank you mrzenith, but my graphic card is a 9650m GT and not a 9650M GS. This modded bios works anyway?
find
quote
#16
(01-23-2012, 02:45 PM)TONYGOMES Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 02:31 AM)mrzenith Wrote: you need to flash the second bios in attachment of the first post...you do it AT YOUR OWN RISK...
this bios is simply the original M50sv bios modded by inserting 9650 vbios into...your system could see card correctly but the problem of the fan @100% is unsolvable, sorry!
you may try with a different card...cheers

Thank you mrzenith, but my graphic card is a 9650m GT and not a 9650M GS. This modded bios works anyway?

I examined this bios and it support 9500M gs and 9650M GT card Wink
find
quote
#17
(01-24-2012, 04:33 AM)mrzenith Wrote: I examined this bios and it support 9500M gs and 9650M GT card Wink



Thank you for your help, but i solved the problem with another mod bios. I have explain how in another thread in the forum HERE.

Thank you anyway.
find
quote
#18
Dear Sir,The eeprom holding the bios was damaged of my notebook asus M50SV. I found a new eeprom and I need the full bios of my asus m50sv in order to flash the bios to the new eeprom. the bios in Asus website is only an update. Please send me the full bios by my mail shctun@yahoo.com or indicate me a download
link. Best Regards.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)