Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3544
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 204
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 158
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 247
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223659
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119092
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 234
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6732
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 347
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309477
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61902
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 560
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20210
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169128
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6254
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 763
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5730
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61097
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274935
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 879

Asus Maximus VI Formula (Z87) boot from NVME
#1
Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation.

I have an Asus Maximus VI Formula and a PCIe x 4 Adapter with an Toshiba NVME and understand that I need to inject the NVME module into the BIOS, but haven't been able to do so using the UEFITool.

Could you kindly assist or point me in the right direction. I am hesitant as I don't want to brick my motherboard.

Kindly advise and many thanks.

Rory

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
find
quote
#2
I am stuck at point 3, not sure where I need to insert the NVME module and if I need to insert more than one.

If you are able to assist, please let me know.

Thanks

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
find
quote
#3
You only need to insert one, at the end of the volume like shown in the images of the guide, see before/after pictures and you'll see.
If you need me to do it I can, let me know.
find
quote
#4
(10-29-2018, 11:32 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: You only need to insert one, at the end of the volume like shown in the images of the guide, see before/after pictures and you'll see.
If you need me to do it I can, let me know.
Hi there,

Would you be able to assist me with modify my BIOS to support a NVME SSD, I have an Asus Maximus VI Formula and concerned about bricking my board.

I am happy to cover the cost of your time.

I will send you an PM.

Kind regards,
Rory

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
find
quote
#5
Hi!

I want to upgrade my PC with a PCIe Adapter & NVME SSD but stumbled across the missing availability of that for this Chipset.

I understand that the BIOS can be modified to support boot from NVME, however I am somewhat hesitate to attempt this myself and avoid bricking my motherboard.

If anyone assist, please advise and I can forward the latest BIOS version to be modified.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Rory

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
find
quote
#6
Link me to the BIOS you want modified and I can do for you. You will have to flash via USB Flashback, or a much more involved method. So I suggest you try out USB Flashback now with stock BIOS to get yourself familiar with using it and to see if you have a compatible USB Stick (Smaller is better, 256MB-2GB)
find
quote
#7
(12-03-2018, 01:39 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Link me to the BIOS you want modified and I can do for you. You will have to flash via USB Flashback, or a much more involved method. So I suggest you try out USB Flashback now with stock BIOS to get yourself familiar with using it and to see if you have a compatible USB Stick (Smaller is better, 256MB-2GB)
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I have previously undated the BIOS to the latest version, however I eventually did it within the BIOS instead of using the flashback option. For some reason it would don't initiate the process, this was confirmed by a friend of mine.

Is it possible to do it within the BIOS itself? Or must it be via the flashback option.

Latest BIOS - https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMU...Desk_BIOS/

Kindly advise and many thanks for your time and help, I do appreciate it.





Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
find
quote
#8
USB flashback only works with some USB Sticks, and BIOS must have recovery name, and BIOS must be on root of USB and USB Formatted to FAT32. Main thing you guys probably did not do is rename the file to the recovery name (M6F.CAP).

Yes, for modified BIOS you have to use USB Flashback, or a more involved method I made a guide for here
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-...-BIOS.html

Or you can also try this, with modified BIOS, ignore all of guide except the flashing BIOS part in spoiler at end
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/592...herboards/
find
quote
#9
Hi

I too would be interested in having my bios modified to boot from NVME drives and all the other option roms that are available

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMU...Desk_BIOS/

the bios i have on my system now is 1603

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Flan


Attached Files
.zip   MAXIMUS-VI-FORMULA-ASUS-1603_and_BIOS-updater.zip (Size: 12.43 MB / Downloads: 16)
find
quote
#10
Here is Maximus Formula VI 1603 NVME Mod - flash via USB Flasback or method I linked above in post #8, my guide at Win-raid will work for this BIOS if you do not have USB Flashback or don't have a USB drive compatible with flashback
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)