Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107980
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9211
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8760
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14351
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425625
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3840
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227524
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119706
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6996
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 618
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310579
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Asus P5K-E (Wifi-AP): Xeon Support
#1
Hi to everyone!

Happy to get my first post! I was recomended from an other forum to come consult to you.

I got a Xeon X5460 (cpuid 10676) and wanted to use it in my Asus P5k-E Wifi Ap, and even if it boots and works I want the mobo to recognize it and make it work at a 100%.

I just have a few doubts that I wanna share with you!

1) Is it enough if I just add this microcode with mmtool? I was told its the only one I need "cpu00010676_plat00000040_ver0000060f_date20100929. bin"

Or should I also add those? 
- cpu00010676_plat00000001_ver0000060f_date20100929. bin
- cpu00010676_plat00000004_ver0000060f_date20100929. bin
- cpu00010676_plat00000010_ver0000060f_date20100929. bin

2) Is there a need to erase old microcode? Or could I just leave it?

---

I also heard about this chinese website where you can find already modified BIOS

[Image: webxina.png] 

But once I download mine, I'm not able to see the suited microcode "cpu00010676_plat00000040_ver0000060f_date20100929. bin"
inside it.

[Image: webxina2.png]

So I guess it's just easier doing it by myself with mmtool no?

Thanks a lot!
find
quote
#2
"this chinese website" belongs to genius239.
This BIOS mod has all needed microcode. Just look on the string #05 on your last screenshot.
find
quote
#3
(04-24-2016, 09:46 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: "this chinese website" belongs to genius239.
This BIOS mod has all needed microcode. Just look on the string #05 on your last screenshot.

Ok, thanks a lot. So just installing the mod everything should be fine right?

It's just that in the screenshot, the dates for the microcodes are older than the ones I read where needed

19/01/2008 (screenshot) vs date20100929 (microcode)

Thanks!
find
quote
#4
Version 60C is enough for this Xeon. But Windows can load a newer version of microcode (60F) with modding BIOS.
find
quote
#5
(04-24-2016, 10:26 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Version 60C is enough for this Xeon. But Windows can load a newer version of microcode (60F).

Ok cool. So I install the already moded one, and everything should be fine right?

By the way, is there a need to reset the bios with the jumpers after flashing it?

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it
find
quote
#6
Resetting with the jumpers BIOS isn't necessary. "Load defaults" in BIOS is enough.
find
quote
#7
(04-24-2016, 10:36 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Resetting with the jumpers BIOS isn't necessary. "Load defaults" in BIOS is enough.

Perfect, I'm gona try it tomorrow.

Thanks a lot again.
find
quote
#8
Hello friends x5460 processor asus p5k e wifi motherboard shuuan original bios version 1305 installed but I can get an unidentified processor error, could you suggest a mod bios rom.
find
quote
#9
I have been waiting for friends who have helpedSad
find
quote
#10
In some of my experiments i got this error boot block file not valid please help me
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)