Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1819
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6429
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14059
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424606
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3666
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225012
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119226
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 306
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6826
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 452
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309870
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62016
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 671
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20331
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169468
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6407

Asus P6X58D Premium bios SLIC modded w/ latest Marvell & Intel Raid firmware updated
#11
(03-30-2014, 11:12 PM)Ponyo Wrote: Hi there, I updated the last working BIOS in this thread to use the Marvell 1.0.0.38 Option Rom. http://goo.gl/kuXDgx is the link to it.


Thanks for your post I will test the update this weekend.
Regards WoutH

(03-30-2014, 11:12 PM)Ponyo Wrote: Hi there, I updated the last working BIOS in this thread to use the Marvell 1.0.0.38 Option Rom. http://goo.gl/kuXDgx is the link to it.
find
quote
#12
(04-01-2014, 02:26 PM)WoutH Wrote:
(03-30-2014, 11:12 PM)Ponyo Wrote: Hi there, I updated the last working BIOS in this thread to use the Marvell 1.0.0.38 Option Rom. http://goo.gl/kuXDgx is the link to it.


Thanks for your post I will test the update this weekend.
Regards WoutH

(03-30-2014, 11:12 PM)Ponyo Wrote: Hi there, I updated the last working BIOS in this thread to use the Marvell 1.0.0.38 Option Rom. http://goo.gl/kuXDgx is the link to it.

Just for the record, I ran this against my p6x and it worked, however with mine I had updated the OEM logo section ( it's just a BMP file, extract it, update it, replace it with mmtool ). I made a non-custom logo version and had flashed it first, but I could not for the life of me find where I had put it, so I repeated the process and compiled a new one and that is what I uploaded.

I don't see any reason why this should give any one any problems, but if it does please let me know and I will update it.

If anyone can find the 1042 bios for Marvell, I'll happily add it to this and test. This did not solve the two drive problem for me, but it did make them noticeibly faster, but I was still seeing DMA errors in Linux and for me, the controller still isn't useable. People of Microsoft land will probably have much better results, but from what I read if you have the current driver for it ( v1042 from what I read ) it has a newer version of the ROM in it somewhere and when your driver inits, it actually uploads and uses that image instead until you reboot ( like soft bios update ). I have read that rom solves alot of performance issues.
find
quote
#13
(04-01-2014, 02:41 PM)Ponyo Wrote: If anyone can find the 1042 bios for Marvell, I'll happily add it to this and test. This did not solve the two drive problem for me, but it did make them noticeibly faster, but I was still seeing DMA errors in Linux and for me, the controller still isn't useable. People of Microsoft land will probably have much better results, but from what I read if you have the current driver for it ( v1042 from what I read ) it has a newer version of the ROM in it somewhere and when your driver inits, it actually uploads and uses that image instead until you reboot ( like soft bios update ). I have read that rom solves alot of performance issues.

Hi,
I just snagged one of these boards off Fleabay and was looking for Slic'd BIOS's.

Have you found any further upgrades?

Is yours SLIC'd?

Looks like a nice board, I'm getting it to run with a Xeon 5630
find
quote
#14
(03-30-2014, 11:12 PM)Ponyo Wrote: Hi there, I updated the last working BIOS in this thread to use the Marvell 1.0.0.38 Option Rom. http://goo.gl/kuXDgx is the link to it.

Hi mate is your BIOS fix the DMAR-table issue as noted in here: http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/VTdHowTo

I need a BIOS with DMAR-table fixed for direct pass virtualization to work flawlessy.
can you help?
Thanks
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)