Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424154
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3556
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 163
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6739
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 353
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309511
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61904
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 565
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169145
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6262
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5736
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61111
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274950

Asus P6t VT-D support
#1
I have a asus p6t motherboard (link to bios: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LG...S-1408.zip)
When I enable VT-D, windows refuses to boot and qubes warns that it wont install properly if I try. Apparently this is an issue with the DMAR table. My CPU is core i7-920. The wikipedia page for VT-D compatibility says that this CPU should support it. However that isnt the case so far. Can someone mod this BIOS to support VT-D in actuality instead of just in the manual?
find
quote
#2
I would like to piggy back on this request. Have a P6T SE and VT-d is gone with BIOS 0908  Confused

Also, the optical audio seems to be gone as well... but that's just a side issue.
find
quote
#3
The oldest BIOS revision that I managed to test was 1004 (the motherboard wouldn't let me install a BIOS older than itself) and I also tested everything in between. None of them brought a positive result. If that's of any help.
find
quote
#4
It's weird, because the version you list is 1408 and it appears to be for P6T. My board is P6T SE (to be exact) and the BIOS on ASUS's website for that particular board is at 0908.
find
quote
#5
Those 2 motherboards have very similar (often exactly the same) BIOS release dates, but they are named very differently. I think that it is safe to say that the two BIOSes were built on the same base with minimal differences between each other.
find
quote
#6
Hello,

If you want to be able to boot in Windows 10 with Vt-d enabled, try this in BIOS:

- Vt-d: [Enabled]
- Advanced menu / USB 2.0 Controller: [Disabled]

Yes... this works for me and my P6T Deluxe (and USB ports still work as USB 2.0 speed !).
find
quote
#7
Hello

I just and only created an account here to confirm that I have been able to enable VT-d on my old Asus P6TD Deluxe v2 with Windows 10 2004+ (20H2) thanks to your tips to disable USB 2.0 in the Bios !
I haven't seen anywhere else on the interwebs this very unlikely but working way to enable VT-d for my X58 chipset.
I still had some work with Hyper-V after that to be able to boot latest VMWare Workstation but still, I made it there.

Thanks a lot !
find
quote
#8
(09-05-2020, 05:29 PM)blero Wrote: Hello,

If you want to be able to boot in Windows 10 with Vt-d enabled, try this in BIOS:

- Vt-d: [Enabled]
- Advanced menu / USB 2.0 Controller: [Disabled]

Yes... this works for me and my P6T Deluxe (and USB ports still work as USB 2.0 speed !).

Hello, thanks, its working for me two
find
quote
#9
This is not a functioning solution. While Windows 10 v2004 will in fact boot without error, Qubes OS will still report VT-D as non functioning. When I looked into it further, there was a lot of conflicting evidence but the use of dmesg command revealed a dmar error:"DMAR-IR: This system BIOS has enabled interrupt remapping on a chipset that contains an erratum making that feature unstable. To maintain system stability interrupt remapping is being disabled. Please contact your BIOS vendor for an update"
find
quote
#10
(07-28-2020, 05:10 PM)Enforcer Wrote: My CPU is core i7-920. The wikipedia page for VT-D compatibility says that this CPU should support it.

Hello,

If you're referring to this page, I don't think it's reliable:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IO...re#Desktop

On Intel website, I couldn't find the info that this CPU supports Vt-d.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/fr/fr/...l-qpi.html
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/search/featurefilter.html?productType=873&0_VTD=True&3_CoreCount-Min=4&3_CoreCount-Max=4&3_ThreadCount-Min=8&3_ThreadCount-Max=8

And here:
https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/VTd_HowTo
"ASUS P6T documentation claims support, but does not work due to DMAR-table issue".
So you seem to be right on this.

Edit: Ok, I found this thread:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Processor...d-p/238192
So maybe the Intel website is the one that is not reliable...
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)