Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 281
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55280
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40939
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64119
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 136
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 82
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52165
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167053
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6327
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 133
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125395
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317003
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Asus P8B75-M/CSM Bios Dump Request
There is 2 chips on this board and I erased both of them with an eeprom/spi flash writer. I was reading some similar forms and it was said that the second chip contains NOT a bios backup, but some crap that makes the board work, Asus only offers the bios cap file for one of the chips 

I know how to edit and convert a cap file to bin its easy, i just need some one with the same board to dump the chip or chips in this case and help me out or provide me with some next level knowledge bought this stupid bios setup Angry
find
Yes, this system has ME/FD on one chip and BIOS body on the other. There is no convert cap to bin, only extract body from capsule, unless that is what you meant.

Did you make a backup before you erased? If not then you've lost UUID, Serial, and LAN MAC ID and one NVRAM volume would be lost along with 95% of the other if you use stock BIOS upgrade (Since that's a partial BIOS image) Some of that can be recreated from stickers on the board, but not all can be put back to original info.

BIOS Body goes on inside BIOS slot and FD/ME goes on the one on outer edge

I can send you some dumps, but they are from working boards so would contain serials, UUID etc that you'd need to exchange for your own.

Or, I can send you FD/ME for the outer BIOS and you extract body from capsule and put stock BIOS region on inner BIOS chip.
find
(06-22-2019, 01:03 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Yes, this system has ME/FD on one chip and BIOS body on the other.  There is no convert cap to bin, only extract body from capsule, unless that is what you meant.

Did you make a backup before you erased?  If not then you've lost UUID, Serial, and LAN MAC ID and one NVRAM volume would be lost along with 95% of the other if you use stock BIOS upgrade (Since that's a partial BIOS image)  Some of that can be recreated from stickers on the board, but not all can be put back to original info.  

I can send you some dumps, but they are from working boards so would contain serials, UUID etc that you'd need to exchange for your own.

Or, I can send you FD/ME for the outer BIOS and you extract body from capsule and put stock BIOS region on inner BIOS chip.

yes thank you so much for your reply if you could send those dumps for me that would be awesome!
find
(06-22-2019, 09:04 PM)nickperry420 Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 01:03 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Yes, this system has ME/FD on one chip and BIOS body on the other.  There is no convert cap to bin, only extract body from capsule, unless that is what you meant.

Did you make a backup before you erased?  If not then you've lost UUID, Serial, and LAN MAC ID and one NVRAM volume would be lost along with 95% of the other if you use stock BIOS upgrade (Since that's a partial BIOS image)  Some of that can be recreated from stickers on the board, but not all can be put back to original info.  

yes thank you so much for your reply if you could send those dumps for me that would be awesome!

waht is FD/ME please send that too
find
FD = Flash Descriptor and ME = Intel ME Firmware
Those are both parts of a BIOS region, all normally located on one chip in most instances.

I know this board well, I first messed it up two, trying to remove a corporate BIOS to put on a regular BIOS, long before I knew all I know about BIOS now. I ended up purchasing two more boards used off ebay, to finally get a non-corp one, and by then I learned more and would have been able to fix it without any other boards but by the time the 3rd arrived it was too late so I kept them all. [grin]

Send me images of all stickers on your board, and I will put your info into BIOS for you. Make sure you check sides of 24pin, and top/bottom sides of PCI/PCIE slots, and then all other visible stickers too.
find
[attachment=16970 Wrote:Lost_N_BIOS pid='155649' dateline='1561268680']FD = Flash Descriptor and ME = Intel ME Firmware
Those are both parts of a BIOS region, all normally located on one chip in most instances.  

I know this board well, I first messed it up two, trying to remove a corporate BIOS to put on a regular BIOS, long before I knew all I know about BIOS now.  I ended up purchasing two more boards used off ebay, to finally get a non-corp one, and by then I learned more and would have been able to fix it without any other boards but by the time the 3rd arrived it was too late so I kept them all. [grin]

Send me images of all stickers on your board, and I will put your info into BIOS for you.  Make sure you check sides of 24pin, and top/bottom sides of PCI/PCIE slots, and then all other visible stickers too.

ok hear is all the stickers I have. I have done this step in the past using this guide https://hardforum.com/threads/tools-to-f...k.1726429/ 

but i did not get any results because of the FD/ME not being on the other chip                
find
For FD44Editor you can only use on actual BIOS file, or dumped BIOS region. So that would only pull info from the chip on the inside, that is the one that supposed to contain the BIOS region.

You can remove those images now if you want. So, you did not make ANY backups, ever, even from software, of the BIOS before you erased? If not, then I can only recreate you a new DTS key, some digits will be same but mm/yy of manufacturer will have to be made up. And that also means UUID will not be same anymore either.

Also, serial on board general is not same one in motherboard BIOS, in this case since you lost I can put sticker one in instead. All this usually only matters in RMA anyway, so not a big deal.
Sometimes it can matter to Windows activations, but you can always call in and say replaced board or soldered in new BIOS etc.

Also, all of this info goes into another area of the BIOS that FD44 does not edit (separate padding file)

I'll update soon with BIOS package for you, posting this reply real quick so you can remove those images if you wanted

* Edit - Here is fixed BIOS package. I named the files according to which chip you write them onto, if you are unsure what I mean let me know.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...7049836700
find
yes thank you you did an excellent job with this i fully understand what you did with the board info, i did some research on ME and FD but i only found info a bought ME, this board supports ME 8.0 and i found a download for it on intel's web site, but im still confused abought the FD part
find
ME is already there, nothing for you to download, and what you download from Intel is ME drivers most likely, not ME Firmware, but if you did download ME Firmware from Intel it's programmed for some specific Intel motherboard not your Asus.  ME Firmware must be programmed with specific info per board, using special software Intel does not publish to the public too.

That BIOS I sent you is all ready to go, one chip has FD and ME, and the other contains the main BIOS region
Flash descriptor (FD) is like a control region, tells the BIOS what's allowed, not allowed, where specific BIOS regions are located in the BIOS etc.
Here's a detailed post explaining in full what FD region of BIOS is
https://www.win-raid.com/t3553f39-Guide-...icing.html

But nothing you need to do about ME or FD, all is done and ready in files I sent you, just program in and away you go
find