Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108001
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1313
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8764
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227565
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119715
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310589
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Athlon 64 4000+ mobile on MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R
#21
(03-18-2010, 08:08 AM)Peregrine Wrote: The 4200+ description was only recognized by BIOS 1.9, which we're not gonna use for this CPU. I'm using v.1.9 for the current CPU 3000+, because it's the best one for that. But for 4000+ CPU we're definitely going to use the latest v.7.1 which does correctly recognize this CPU as 4000+.

Right, that's exactly the problem. The board doesn't properly interpret the memory controller from the new CPU 4000+. Single vs. double sided shouldn't make any difference here. The board should allow to run 2 double-sided sticks totaling up to 2GB of either DDR400 or DDR333.

Thank you Nick for that Asus BIOS. Can you tell me exactly which board it is from so I can compare the specs? I'll keep that idea as the last resort, though, that is, when the Wiz runs out of ideas Smile

Asus K8V

im wondering if the single/double sided does make a difference sence lap top memory isnt quit the same as desktop memory.

Nick
find
quote
#22
I doubt that. This CPU is basically the same as Turion (also for laptops), and I'm sure that if we can get the BIOS updated to work with Turions, it will work as well with this one. Other MSI desktop boards have full support for Turions, meaning, they can definitely handle double-sided RAM.
find
quote
#23
anything new?
find
quote
#24
I am off tommorow, and will have time to update everyone's threads.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#25
(03-24-2010, 04:35 PM)TheWiz Wrote: I am off tommorow, and will have time to update everyone's threads.

TheWiz

anything yet?
find
quote
#26
(03-29-2010, 09:48 PM)Peregrine Wrote:
(03-24-2010, 04:35 PM)TheWiz Wrote: I am off tommorow, and will have time to update everyone's threads.

TheWiz

anything yet?

I had a day off once, whats it like?

Nick
find
quote
#27
LOL, I am a failure lol, clearly i had he forum marked as read and didnt get to this on my day off. Fofrtunatly, I have time tommorow to get you a real answer instead of a hypocritical answer. Shoot me an email so I dont forget.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#28
(03-30-2010, 09:05 PM)TheWiz Wrote: LOL, I am a failure lol, clearly i had he forum marked as read and didnt get to this on my day off. Fofrtunatly, I have time tommorow to get you a real answer instead of a hypocritical answer. Shoot me an email so I dont forget.

TheWiz

i have a similsr problem with my board and i hope this helps
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Mob...KX5BU.html
you need to add support for the coded this cpu has here is what the board should already support
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Ath...0BOX).html
so check out the differences on these two boards as this should apply to all socket 754 boards
also i believe this is a list of boards that suppot thr cpu u want
http://angelfall.s39.xrea.com/area2ch/turion-e.html
also check AK86-L
i hope this helps in some way
find
quote
#29
(03-11-2010, 12:14 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Strange about the memory issue because according to http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.a...o-FIS2R%29 you can have upt o a gig per slot!

the reason some boards don't support turions and the processor u have is because they don't support e core stepping, so add that and ur cool as a cucumber. any board that supports turion should support ur mobile athlon
find
quote
#30
so you're saying that by simply adding support for stepping code CABZE to our BIOS v.7.1 should fix the problem?

Sorry for late replies, somehow I never got notifications of the new posts


(03-30-2010, 09:05 PM)TheWiz Wrote: LOL, I am a failure lol, clearly i had he forum marked as read and didnt get to this on my day off. Fofrtunatly, I have time tommorow to get you a real answer instead of a hypocritical answer. Shoot me an email so I dont forget.

TheWiz

humble reminder Smile Please help..
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)