Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 69
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221544
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Today 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118802
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
Yesterday 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 119
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6606
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308779
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61655
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 400
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20044
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168692
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6084
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5570
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60857
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274744
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 735
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24708
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694479
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174319

BIOS inaccessible on IBM
#1
Hi,


I purchased a refurbished x240 (12.5, dual core, 4gb of memory) with preinstalled win10.
I wanted to access the BIOS/boot menu and here is where the problem is.

During the startup what I see is a black screen with white text "Press Enter to interrupt startup".
If I press one of the following: F2/F8/F10/F12 (any F)/ Enter/Delete the screen will freeze and
no matter how long I would wait for anything to happen - nothing will change. I have to turn it off.
BIOS/boot menu is inaccessible for me then which is very annoying - I want to boot other OS but I simply can not.

What I did so far was:
1. installing BIOS Update Utility (Windows)- it clearly did some
installation of BIOS during startup, but it didnt solve the problem.


People seemed to have similar issue but thats the only thing ever suggested - didnt work for me.
Id be grateful for some help.
Best Regards
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)